Forums Kongregate

Multiplayer card games badges blooming

18 posts

Flag Post

Starting from the Kingdoms CCG badges til the Berserk: The Cataclysm ones, there are:

19 total badged games,
6 badged multiplayer games (32% of total),
4 badged multiplayer CCGs (21% of total),

44 total badges,
13 multiplayer badges (30% of total),
8 multiplayer CCG badges (18% of total)

Is it a bit … too much? (For both multiplayer games and CCGs)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hizack:

Is it a bit … too much? (For both multiplayer games and CCGs)

Yes.

Flag Post

There are nineteen card games on here with badges?
Any chance you could list them?

Flag Post

Yea, I’ve noticed they were badging more CCGs.

Flag Post

As long as they’re only mediums and can be done in one night… I’m okay with this. (I know I was bitching a lot last night, but I also got the medium badge last night and was done with it.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

As long as they’re only mediums and can be done in one night… I’m okay with this. (I know I was bitching a lot last night, but I also got the medium badge last night and was done with it.)

Same, I couldn’t even be bothered to read anything when you know you still won’t have any control whatsoever (like the AI will just put a card against another which is weak against the latter)

Flag Post

It’s been specifically pointed out in chat that if these types of games are badged, it will be Easy/Medium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

It’s been specifically pointed out in chat that if these types of games are badged, it will be Easy/Medium.

kingdoms ccg :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

kingdoms ccg :P

Recently.*

Flag Post

The Kingdoms CCG hard could have been a medium, in my opinion.

Flag Post

Kingdoms was much more of a game than the majority of these. I enjoyed that one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

The Kingdoms CCG hard could have been a medium, in my opinion.

Indeed. There was nothing hard in that process.

Also, while I agree that this badging of mediocre card games is getting annoying, I don’t get why you bother to get their badges. Rate 1 star and move on. It makes no sense to come and talk about how they all suck and then spending a couple of hours getting their badges.

I got the Kingdom badges because I liked the game; I never saw a popup telling me to buy stuff or asking me to “like” them on facebook, and at no point I felt the need of purchasing items in order to enjoy the game. On the other hand, I played that Bersek game for like two minutes, gave it a star and excluded it from my list of badges to get.

Noone is forcing you to play stuff you don’t like.

Flag Post

Noone is forcing you to play stuff you don’t like.

Except there should be a standard.

They can badge a crappy two-star game, and you can say “no one’s forcing you to play it”, does that actually solve the problem? From what I can see, most recently badged games don’t even deserve to be badged. Badges are optional, true, but they’re there for you to try to earn them. Badging the same genre over and over again is just wrong.

Flag Post

I don’t think there’s a problem to solve.

Kong is a company, companies want to make money, crap pay-to-win games generate money, Kong badges them, front-page them and maybe boost their ratings to expose them and earn more money. It’s not rocket science.

It’s horrible, yes, but making a thread about it everytime that a shitty game gets badges won’t change it.

There are hundreds (literally) of badged games which I dislike, and which I consider unworthy of playing, let alone getting badges, but badges aren’t meant to please everyone, but to please the masses and in some cases to meet Kong needs for money. I doubt there’s a single user who likes every single badged game and that’s fine.

As I said, if you don’t like them just rate them accordingly, exclude them and move on.
They’re there for you to try to earn them as long as you enjoy the game. Hell, games are supposed to be fun and badges are a bonus for games that you already enjoy. Playing something that you dislike only to get a couple of virtual points is plain stupid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

I doubt there’s a single user who likes every single badged game and that’s fine.

Oh I like most of them… except for that lousy “You Have to Burn the Rope” game. D:
It’s far too hard and time-consuming.

We need more card games like Kongai!

Flag Post

heh yea seems as if the admins are starting to really get into card games.

Flag Post

If the MMOs were good and not buggy (or at least less buggy), I’d enjoy playing them.

Flag Post

Yes, Kingdoms CCG is a well put together CCG game and the developers are highly active and place a huge amount of effort in the game which you can see plus they listen to the community. :)