Forums Kongregate

i am already thinking about best of 2012 set of badges coming out

24 posts

Flag Post

there has been alot of good games that came out in 2012,i just hope they dont add any mmo/rpg types to it.

Flag Post

BEST OF MMO’S
BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES MMOS

Flag Post

A suggested ten game quest, using ratings as a guide

Bloons TD 5
Infectonator 2*
Knightmare Tower
Decision 2
Paladog
New Star Soccer
Monster Den Chronicles
Grinns Tale*
Jacksmith*
Insert Halo-esque multiplayer shooter of your choice here*

Starred games don’t have badges yet, all but the Halo-esque shooter of your choice has API. I’ve thrown out Burrito Bison Revenge because the same dev did Knightmare Tower, and I think only one of those two games should be there. The only MMO-esque game is the Grinns Tale.

Flag Post

Berserk: The Cataclysm
Card Monsters
Kingdoms CCG
Legacy of Heroes
Clash of Dragons

^Poot dos on teh quest pls

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

^Poot dos on teh quest pls

You’ve badly mispelled Mystic Guardians, Cloudstone, and Grinns Tale. The problem isn’t just that Kong is badging MMO’s, but they’re badging bad MMO’s.

Flag Post

Jacksmith and Infectonator 2 are as good as badged.

Flag Post

yeah i am loving jacksmith,cant wait for badges so i can just load game and get them all

also already pwned Infectonator 2

Flag Post
Originally posted by poisonthewell:

there has been alot of good games that came out in 2012,i just hope they dont add any mmo/rpg types to it.

hahah, it would be so fitting if best of 2012 was all the cash grab MMOs

Flag Post

there has been alot of good games that came out in 2012

Really?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:

A suggested ten game quest, using ratings as a guide

Bloons TD 5
Infectonator 2*
Knightmare Tower
Decision 2
Paladog
New Star Soccer
Monster Den Chronicles
Grinns Tale*
Jacksmith*
Insert Halo-esque multiplayer shooter of your choice here*

If that’s the 10 best of the year, this has really been a bad year for flash gaming.

Can anyone tell me the first badge released this year, so I know where to start looking?

Flag Post

I don’t remember the first badge of this year, but I believe the last badge of 2011 is the Adventure Story hard badge.

Flag Post

I am already thinking about how much I’m going to hate the quest when it comes out and how I’m not going to bother getting it if maintains the usual ratio of shitty games to good games.

Flag Post

those are all great selections imo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

those are all great selections imo.

My gripe is that the two best games on that list (Bloons TD and Monster’s Den) are sequels to games that have already been on Best Of quests. Paladog and Decision are pretty good, but go on much too long for how repetitive they get. New Star Soccer is poo.

The four games with the * that haven’t been badged yet, well, I haven’t played any of them, but if past history is a good indicator, I’m going to hate Infectonator 2.

Some other games I really liked this year:
Arzea
Talesworth Adventure: The Lost Artifacts
Fancy Pants Adventure World 3 (another sequel!)
Stealth Hunter 2
Jelly Escape
Psychout
Hanna in a Choppa 2
There were 2 hotel simulators. I liked the one with the different types of guests.

Flag Post

Jelly Escape and Hanna in a Choppa 2? I’d like to see those in.

Flag Post

I won’t be biased towards MMOs when I make my list.

However, I just so happen to think none deserve a top 10 spot. One of them needs to be in there though if the quest is to be taken seriously, so I’d probably stick Crystal Saga in. I’ll think about the rest and make a list later.

As for Thok’s list. BTD 5 and New Star Soccer are definitely going on mine. The rest I do not think are all that great. Just average.(MDC is a step backwards in the series IMO)

Flag Post
Originally posted by saneiac:

If that’s the 10 best of the year, this has really been a bad year for flash gaming.

Can anyone tell me the first badge released this year, so I know where to start looking?

According to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlTsA9IK477KdEt5aFRLdFRSMlNxdlNlWEZNaEFRN3c#gid=0 , the answer is Versus Umbra.

Flag Post

we still got 3 more months of games to come out.

Flag Post

we still got 3 more months of games to come out.

Then why’d you make the thread now and make that title?

Flag Post

the title is “thinking about”,why do you question people so much on kong?

Flag Post

What’s wrong with asking questions?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

The problem with asking questions is that answers and facts have a liberal bias.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

The problem with asking questions is that answers and facts have a liberal bias.

The problem with liberal bias is that its not balanced between truth and lie.

Flag Post

well i completely beat jacksmith,when you end up back at the first level with alot of enemys,you can continue to finish up upgrades but i doubt there will be a impossible badge for it,so i figure the most you will have to do is get out of the castle ruins,and maybe craft 20 epic weapons,or a certain amount of achievements,probaly will have easy and medium and maybe a hard badge but game is not so hard as there is no score for time or timelimit when crafting.

but its a good game i just wish they was less of that lame fighting part.

would have been better if the game had quests for crafting,kinda like that other crafting game where you own a shop and hirer others to do there crafts there,a mix of that and jacksmith would have been a better game.

what do you all think about that?

and i am hoping to get good replys,not just people posting to post