Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Ludum Dare Contest Winners?

23 posts

Flag Post

Hi there,

I would just like to know if the winners for the Kongregate-Ludum Dare contest has been announced?

It was supposed to be on the 30th of last month but I can’t seem to find any announcements on the matter.

Thanks for your time! Cheers!

Flag Post

Sometimes the winners are contacted privately and unless they come forward it’s never publicly announced.

Flag Post

The competition ended September 28th. They have until the 30th to judge and notify winners. The winners have 7 days to claim the prize. So I assume they either haven’t gotten around to announcing it yet (if they ever were) or one of the winners hasn’t claimed the prize yet.

Entry Games | Official Page | Official Rules

Flag Post

I sent a message yesterday regarding the state of this to Kongregate. When I get a response I will send you a message as well.
Congratulations on getting #1st place!

Flag Post

I just recently saw this in the official rules page:
Winners List: For a copy of the winners list, available after September 30, 2012, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Ludum Dare Game Contest Winners’ List, c/o Kongregate, Inc. 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 by December 31, 2012.

I hope this isn’t the only way I could know who the winners are.

Aceria620, Thanks. I sent a message to them as well a few days ago but still no reply. It’s really hard to know your final standing without any announcements or contact. Especially, in Go Back’s situation where you are battling for 2nd place with the other game. :D

Flag Post

Officially we should be 2nd, we actually bothered to take screenshots at the time the contest ended. But we’re still waiting for the offical result before we go out and have a beer to celebrate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aceria620:

Officially we should be 2nd, we actually bothered to take screenshots at the time the contest ended. But we’re still waiting for the offical result before we go out and have a beer to celebrate.

I shall be informing you as well if I receive a reply from them. Congrats in advance. ;D

Flag Post

Congrats, guys.

Flag Post

gratz to all the contestants and potential winners.

Flag Post

Still no word about the winners. It has been a week already. :C

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/feedbacks/new

But Bug the Zshadowz. (or Candymanz)

Flag Post

I’m not too sure who is in charge of choosing the winners, but there was some concern about the top winners. They’ll be contacting the winners soon though.

Flag Post

Looking forward to the results, thanks for keeping us updated!

Flag Post

Still no announcement? What are they taking so long? Its already 15th of Oct and still no explanation from them? They shouldn’t have put a contest like this if they wouldn’t abide the rules they have put up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by biyangka:

Still no announcement? What are they taking so long? Its already 15th of Oct and still no explanation from them? They shouldn’t have put a contest like this if they wouldn’t abide the rules they have put up.

The winners might have been contacted already. It’s happened in the past, where winners are contacted privately and no public announcement is made.

Flag Post

they never announce winners to kong events

Flag Post

Why do they never announce? I believe our team won but they haven’t contacted us yet?

Flag Post
Originally posted by biyangka:

Why do they never announce? I believe our team won but they haven’t contacted us yet?

You’d have to ask them, try support@kongregate.com.

Flag Post

biyangka, I just had an email from Kongregate. I’m guessing yours should arrive soon as well. Congrats again everyone!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Aceria, yes we already received email from them! Accidental rebel games won the first prize! Time to celebrate yey! :D

Flag Post

Congratulations.

Flag Post

We’ve received a contact from the Kongregate staff as well. Thank you so much to all who answered my question.

Congratulations to Aceria620 as well. It’s been a good run.