Forums Kongregate

Would it count?

13 posts

Flag Post

Okay, so I made a Kongregate account for one of my “friends”. I made it under My E-mail and I chose the password and the Username. However, recently he has turned against me and started spamming my messages and trying to get my account shut down. I have one last chance on Kongregate. If I get reported and the claim goes through I am off the website. So, what I am asking is that since I made the account, got all of the badges, and gave it to him. Would I be allowed to take the account back off him?

Flag Post

what the email was is irrelevant, All that matters is the actual account, ISP doesn’t matter.
Nothing really matters, this is evident due to the fact that alts are allowed.
so yes, your fine.

Flag Post

Request to change the password, go to your email and make a new one he doesn’t know about, problem solved. Shared accounts are not allowed by the way.

Flag Post

As braves said, giving someone an account isn’t allowed. Also, since it’s your information, it’s your responsibility. Again, as braves said, just change the password.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

There’s not really a specific rule about sharing accounts, but it is frowned upon. :(
It’s a lot easier and a lot less drama when everyone keeps their accounts/passwords to themselves.

Anyway charlie, it’s pretty easy to change the email for an account with the password, but you could give it a try. In the future, let your friend make his own account. Sign-up is ridiculously easy, there’s no excuse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

There’s not really a specific rule about sharing accounts, but it is frowned upon. :(

No? Then what’s this?

Kongregate Terms of Use:

Account Information: You may not share or transfer your Account or your Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password. You represent that all information submitted to create your Account is accurate and truthful.

Flag Post

i i don’t think he’s sharing… I think he made an account for his freind.

Flag Post

No? Then what’s this?

Kongregate Terms of Use:

Account Information: You may not share or transfer your Account or your Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password. You represent that all information submitted to create your Account is accurate and truthful.

Thanks. Looks like I was wrong.
Regardless of what people would like to think of themselves, nobody is always correct.
At least advo was kind enough to let me know through PMs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

i i don’t think he’s sharing… I think he made an account for his freind.

As he said. I wasn’t sharing it, I made it for a friend.

Flag Post

If the account is still under your e-mail address, there is nothing keeping you from requesting a password recovery reset and getting back on the account. If he changed the e-mail, then as far as the system is concerned, it’s his account now.

Flag Post

If you only made it and dont use it, why do you care if he spams or does whatever with it, it doesn’t effect you in any way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by braves055:

If you only made it and dont use it, why do you care if he spams or does whatever with it, it doesn’t effect you in any way.

that’s what i was trying to say…