Forums Kongregate

New Downloadable Game - Bomb Buddies page 2

87 posts

Flag Post

1/5 on all downloadable games.

Badges on these are unacceptable.

 
Flag Post

Have they said they’re going to give badges to these downloadable games?

 
Flag Post

Have they said they aren’t? If not, assume the worst; as per Kong Update standard procedure.

 
Flag Post

You’re right, of course.
But, I don’t think it’d be bad if they did get badges, provided Kongregate’s regular games aren’t affected by it in a detrimental manner.
Though, considering the types of games that have been getting badges over the last couple of years, maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad thing.

 
Flag Post
Well all right, where do I sign up? :D
Well all right
all right

Embarrassing!

 
Flag Post

Please, for the love of all gods in all religions DON’T ADD BADGES TO DOWNLOADABLE GAMES.

I am not going to play them, either, because I don’t want to waste space on my HDD for a game that is not guaranteed to satisfy me.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Please, for the love of all gods in all religions DON’T ADD BADGES TO DOWNLOADABLE GAMES.

I am not going to play them, either, because I don’t want to waste space on my HDD for a game that is not guaranteed to satisfy me.

What do you think flash games do? =p

 
Flag Post

The gameplay itself seems fun and satisfying (because it’s MOBA styled game) but still, it’s downloadable game where there is one concern that touches me: Use of hard drive space

I’m all out of it, and there is only a small chance that I am able to get more. So for now, I am against badges for downloadable content (excluding Kong arcade, including Escape)

 
Flag Post

I don’t see what everyone is getting so angry at. What’s so bad about a downloadable game? It’s not like you’ll have to download it every time you want to play it, in fact you’re not forced to play it at all and it’s not like Kongregate is going to become a downloadable only gaming site…

 
Flag Post

I’m pretty indifferent to it. It seems like there’s a lot of hate in here that’s not really warranted.

That said, I’d prefer there not be badges for downloadable games since I don’t really want to have to install stuff on my computer. Once you get a downloadable game, with an installer… there’s no telling what that installer is linked up to.

 
Flag Post

This sounds like a good idea. As long as you don’t add badges to the download only games. Game that are on browser and download should be able to get badges though.

 
Flag Post

Dudes, calm down. This isn’t as big of a deal as you’re making it.

1.) Kongregate isn’t producing the games. It’s true that they developed the ability for these games to exist through them, but now that that ability is there, they won’t need to do much with it, save for bug fixes and improvements. I don’t see how this could spread kong thin, especially if more games = more revenue = possibly more employees to do more work.

2.) …You really don’t have to download them…so I don’t see a problem there. They don’t have badges yet, if they ever even will. There are still unity games that are badged that people can’t play, so if happens and you still don’t want to download, take comfort in knowing you aren’t the only one who can’t get every single badge.

Seriously, I’ve been here since 2007, and I don’t like when kongregate changes as much as the next guy…but this really doesn’t affect me, and for that matter, the rest of us who have no interest in downloading games. So…no big deal guys, honest. :p

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

Dudes, calm down. This isn’t as big of a deal as you’re making it.

1.) Kongregate isn’t producing the games. It’s true that they developed the ability for these games to exist through them, but now that that ability is there, they won’t need to do much with it, save for bug fixes and improvements. I don’t see how this could spread kong thin, especially if more games = more revenue = possibly more employees to do more work.

2.) …You really don’t have to download them…so I don’t see a problem there. They don’t have badges yet, if they ever even will. There are still unity games that are badged that people can’t play, so if happens and you still don’t want to download, take comfort in knowing you aren’t the only one who can’t get every single badge.

Seriously, I’ve been here since 2007, and I don’t like when kongregate changes as much as the next guy…but this really doesn’t affect me, and for that matter, the rest of us who have no interest in downloading games. So…no big deal guys, honest. :p

No. You are being rediculous. Kongregate downlaod able gamez r bad because they r bad and different. And they use memory on my RAM up. Andmy ram is not big also, what about when they badge these games then i have to play them but my mom wont let me and then i die because i dont have the badge see very bad. try to argue with me and you are wrong because i am right

No, I swear, my grammar isn’t that bad normally!

 
Flag Post

After reading through the topic and everyone’s posts, I am kind of amazed at the arguments given. Many people seem to dislike the idea of downloadable games due to “disk space”. You guys make me feel like we are 50 years in the past when disk space WAS AN ISSUE. Nowadays, I guarantee you, even if you have no space left, you can always just delete something unused. If you cannot, then I advice you get a new hard drive, if not a computer, because the average PCs nowadays wouldn’t be hindered by a simple downloadable game.
In my opinion this is a good action on Kongregate’s part. Keep up the good work!

 
Flag Post

Note that the downloadable games aren’t going to be Team Fortress 2 and be 12GB in size with 4GB update packs. They’ll take up a very minimal amount of space, and you can always delete them after you’re done playing.

 
Flag Post

It’s 60mb you plebs, get over it.

 
Flag Post

Takes too long to install, compromises security (EXE file, external login), this is not why one goes to Kong. You are trying to compete with AAA games here, you have no chance. Now if you are going to have AAA titles with background streaming custom made for your site, then maybe… yeah, tough luck. And yep, I can choose to skip those games… the same I can choose to skip your site, so there.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hiperson134:

2.) …You really don’t have to download them…so I don’t see a problem there. They don’t have badges yet, if they ever even will. There are still unity games that are badged that people can’t play, so if happens and you still don’t want to download, take comfort in knowing you aren’t the only one who can’t get every single badge.

Saying you can ignore a Download-Only game and continue using the site is like saying you can go to 4chan and ignore the gore pictures. You can, but it’s only a matter of time before you click something and it’s in your face.

Everyone who cared about what Gamestop was going to do to Kongregate knew that they were going to monetize it in some way, and the Admins were quick to try and calm everyone down. Now, what do we have? A Premium feature. MMOs out the ying-yang (a percentage of every microtransaction in those games is filtered back to Kong/Gamestop, or otherwise they pay to have their games placed on Kong; if you say otherwise, you’re either an idiot or a liar). A downloadable-only game which will inevitably (If it doesn’t already) have microtransactions. And all of it is “Completely optional.”

Just like all the Member Rewards club/Preordering games/trade-ins are at Gamestop, right? Optional?

Nobody complains about those things, right?

Right, guys?

 
Flag Post

so will this be hard to get into?
Or can i upload a downloadable game right now?
(i hope you need to screen them and make sure that there good, it would be easy to make a virus.))

 
Flag Post

Most of the people against this are ignorant. They say how the game is horrible just because it’s a downloadable game on a flash browser site, and have not even played it. The file size is small compared to other downloadable games, so the argument there is also not even relevant…if your hd can’t even handle that, then it’s wonder why your computer has not died to old age yet.
And yes, it is completely optional to even download the games.
Seems to me that people are just completely disgusted with the idea of a company making money, they want everything to be free, and for the developers of the games to not a cent off their fine work lol…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

That said, I’d prefer there not be badges for downloadable games since I don’t really want to have to install stuff on my computer. Once you get a downloadable game, with an installer… there’s no telling what that installer is linked up to.

This. Absolutely this. Once downloadable games become an accepted practice, they turn into a wonderful delivery method for any type of payload you can include in the game’s installer. Expect all sorts of crap to come bundled with your install, with no quality control on the part of the distributor (Kong, whose business is not to make sure you don’t download and install garbage on your computer.)

If I wanted to install keyloggers or backdoors on a large number of machines quickly, bundling them with a ‘free’ game is exactly the way I would proceed, since the users won’t even be surprised when the software phones home. Then all I would need would be a high-profile third-party site to distribute the malware, but without taking a look at what the contents are or where they come from. It used to be that hackers had to hijack legitimate sites to make them host their goodies. It’s very kind of Kong to volunteer to do it freely.

 
Flag Post

I would hope that Kong QAs the content they’re delivering to us.

 
Flag Post

I’m not 100% against downloadable games. I mean, I see it, I think, y’know, might as well give it a shot and see. Patching keeps freezing though, so I have to exit/re-launch the game a few times, and…I’m not sure if this is even worth it. We’ll see.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by machopi:

This is what selling out gets you. Shitty downloads of mediocre games on our flash site.
Well, good job gamestop, thanks for the steaming pile or horse manure you’re turning Kong into.

Amen, brother.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Birch:
Originally posted by machopi:

This is what selling out gets you. Shitty downloads of mediocre games on our flash site.
Well, good job gamestop, thanks for the steaming pile or horse manure you’re turning Kong into.

Amen, brother.

I missed the part where downloadable games were mandatory.