Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] LOUSY SMARCH MADNESS - Sweet Sixteen (Road of the Dead) (locked)

72 posts

Flag Post

Welcome back! When we last met, and by last met I mean I rambled on about nothing, depowered gremlins from Space Jam were floating around Earth, generally making a nuisance of themselves. Fortunately, you banded together and sent them back to Hell. Nice shootin’ Tex.

Anyway, our tournament is almost back on track! There’s just one totally insignificant problem remaining; really, it’s nothing! It’s just that the original spacebound menace returned, and kind of, you know, reanimated the millions who died in the attack with your choice of

(1) black magic,
(2) the T-virus,
(3) voodoo-related ethnobotanical compounds,
(4) some new, “undiscovered” form of radiation, and/or
(5) a threatening halftime speech from noted Terror God Bobby Knight.

But let’s face it. Why there are zombies gallivanting through downtown is irrelevant. What matters is that despite countless zombie-based books, films, video games, and assorted other media that have made it clear to every person on the planet how to survive and mitigate a zombie apocalypse a hundred times over, we failed and they’re tearing up the city. Now, my various mad scientist acquaintances (strictly professional relationships, I assure you!) have proffered me assorted hilarious doomsday devices, but I’ve decided to just, you know, raze the city with a nuclear explosion. As we all know, this always works! I’m sure we’ll have no further problems from zombies, aliens, and similar lazy plot devices.

That said, this is kind of a time sensitive thing, so you might want to leave immediately to get outside the city and avoid the radioactive fallout. Actually, an hour ago probably would have been better. My mistake!

Flag Post

In this round, you’ll be battling it out in Road of the Dead. However, it’s never easy to leave these zombie-infested cities, especially with NCAA red tape getting in the way, so you’ll have to make your thrilling escapes in both Dead on Time mode AND Police State mode.

Because it’s easier to go high distances in Dead on Time, and because I expect greater score clustering in Police State, the latter mode will count for three times as much as the former. Thus, you will defeat your opponent by driving a greater total distance, where total distance is equal to Dead on Time distance + 3*Police State distance.

Here are two example screenshots. Because the API recognizes your best previous score, I will only be able to take the lesser of your game over screen score, and your API score. That said, if you want to advance out of this round, you’ll probably want to improve on your previous bests anyway. Make sure to use the Today tab and have your green/yellow plug visible. As always, videos are also acceptable.

Road of the Dead – Dead on Time

Road of the Dead – Police State

Here’s the theme song. Here’s the spreadsheet. Round ends October 14 at 6 a.m. EDT (GMT minus 4). Note that because it takes some time to unlock everything, I will probably extend this round at some point. The round has been extended by 12 hours. Good luck road warriors!

Flag Post

The #1 Kongregate Draft Pick: THE REVEAL

For those of you who read the qualifier OP (why did you do this?), I mentioned that I would reveal the criteria for the side competition at the start of the Sweet 16. And so I will. The #1 Draft Pick will be determined by a random drawing, in which you can each earn multiple entries, raffle-like. Here were/are the opportunities to do so:

Everyone receives one opportunity just for entering the tournament. All players who made the main tournament also received an additional entry, which since we had less than 68 people was everyone who bothered to post. All players who beat the qualifier scores in all three qualifier games received an extra chance, as did the four players who earned #1 seeds in the Regular Season. You also receive an extra entry each time you have the highest overall score in a game at the end of a round.

Finally, you may have noticed my screenshot examples scores have been higher than usual for tournament hosts, but not unreachably high. This was intentional. Every time you beat one of my posted screenshots (limit once per screenshot), you gain an additional chance for the #1 Pick.

Additionally, the players who answered my trivia question correctly in the Round of 64 earned an extra chance. I would be willing to do another trivia challenge if people are interested.

Remember, even if you’re no longer participating in the main tournament, it is still possible to win this side event! Everyone has received at least one chance, so please continue to pay attention. :)

Flag Post

suuup ! gl hf to all ! yaay !

Flag Post

Surely no1 can beat these epic scores ^^

Gl & hf guys

Flag Post

I can’t accept the first screenshot since it doesn’t show the Today tab. Sorry. You’ll probably spend hours getting a score that good again.

Flag Post

Nooooes =’( How will I ever score that high again… xD

Flag Post

There :)
Off to bed now, gotta work tomoz.
Night guys & gl

Flag Post

http://www.imagebam.com/image/384797214357779

http://www.imagebam.com/image/91dc3d214357782

Let’s pump this up MiCHiE!

EDIT: Don’t know how to show properly the images… Imgur I miss you…

Flag Post
Originally posted by BestMte:

Let’s pump this up MiCHiE!

EDIT: Don’t know how to show properly the images… Imgur I miss you…

Fixed? Yup, fixed.

Flag Post

EDIT:

Flag Post

Great game choice :D

http://zalbee.intricus.net/pics/rotd-dot-13km.png

Police State
http://zalbee.intricus.net/pics/rotd-policestate-17km.png

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Dead on Time mode

Police State mode

Flag Post

Update

Flag Post

DAT MISSILE

Flag Post

police station. Tomorrow i work on the other one :D

Flag Post

Hard badge get. :3 Gonna try Police State now. Honestly can’t see myself beating you Blizz, but don’t think you’re getting an easy ride. ;)

EDIT:

Here’s this for now. :3 I shall improve tomorrow~

Flag Post

Just to get something up.

Flag Post

dead on time

Flag Post

UPDATE: Dead on Time mode

Flag Post

We can’t stop here. This is bat country.

So, my first police state attempt was 16,576. Didn’t screeny it though, and then I couldn’t beat it:
http://i.imgur.com/iLRrn.png
And then I did. By 1 metre*:

(*this is the only right & true spelling of the word ‘metre’ meaning a unit of measurement)

Flag Post

Finally got all the upgrades.

Flag Post

Ugh, still can’t beat my previous score.

Dead on Time
http://zalbee.intricus.net/pics/rotd-dot-18km.png