Forums Kongregate

Assassin's Creed 3 Challenge [Congrats Bionark!]

32 posts

Flag Post

Who won???? Can’t seem to find it anywhere….

Flag Post

The winner is chosen later on, and will be contacted privately.

Flag Post

I thought it was supposed to be on the 15th?

Flag Post

That may have been the end date for entries, and the winner is still to be determined. As in, they may choose the winner several days after the contest’s end date.

Flag Post

<— es actully the winner

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

<— es actully the winner

Odds are against any forum regular winning.

Flag Post

Odds are against any one person winning.

Flag Post

Despite the trolls, thanks for clearing it up!!

Flag Post

Soo who is the winner ?

Flag Post

As far as I know, it hasn’t been announced yet.

Flag Post

I thought it said they would be contacted on the 26th. Trolls.

Flag Post

I never win cool stuff like this, and it really ticks me off

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/assassins-creed-iii-official-rules I believe they are picked but maybe not contacted

Flag Post

Still nothing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

The winner is chosen later on, and will be contacted privately.

Flag Post

They should announce the accounts that win. As it is now, there isn’t any proof anyone wins anything. At least sites like Pogo put up some fake names of people winning. That gives me incentive to try.

Flag Post

Privacy.

Flag Post

Because a page saying:

Previous winners
Assassins Creed 3: adv0catus
Joker’s Carnival: randomdude324

would be all sorts of privacy violation…

Flag Post

What if the person doesn’t want anyone to know they’ve won? I don’t think it’s excessive to believe that. Besides, it opens the door to “creative persuasion”. I wouldn’t put it past someone to try to blackmail the winner.

Flag Post

The general rule I’ve seen with contests (not on Kong, but with contests in general) is to make a list of winners available if you send in a request (supposedly, there is a legal obligation for them to do so), but to not reveal the winners publicly for the reasons adv0 described above.

Don’t know if this applies to Kong—I haven’t read the fine print of the contest pages in quite some time.

Flag Post

I understand the whole privacy thing and do not oppose it. What I would like is Kong to announce whether the winner has been selected or not. It has been 2 weeks since the drawing date after all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoskoJigg:

I understand the whole privacy thing and do not oppose it. What I would like is Kong to announce whether the winner has been selected or not. It has been 2 weeks since the drawing date after all.

There’s no reason to believe it hasn’t. It doesn’t really matter, either way.

Flag Post

Just so everyone isn’t freaking out, the winner has been contacted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Just so everyone isn’t freaking out, the winner has been contacted.

*Checks email*

Flag Post

Surely the winners can simply opt in or out of their winning being made public or not?