Forums Kongregate

Does chat seem eerily quiet to you? page 2

38 posts

Flag Post

I talked to Ventero, and he fixed the standalone version of the Chat Highlighting script. It now, no longer breaks the chat, and it is actually working again :P

This is working → http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/49868

Flag Post

Yup, thanks again for letting me know! In the future, if you want to contact me, please send me a whisper (or an email, you can get my email address from my profile), since I’m not reading the forums that much anymore.

And as I just posted in the BK thread, I’ve also uploaded a new BK build which contains the fixed script. You can download that build here.

Flag Post

Woohoo! Nice work Ventero! We definitely appreciate the speedy fix! Thank you! :-D

Flag Post
Originally posted by EvilDamien250351:

How come you guys still have chat active. Every time I play a game and click the chat tab, it gets stuck on “Joining Room…”. I’m not sure whether I just have an old computer, or something is going on with Kong. All I know is that I’m losing satisfaction with this site, and I may just switch to another gaming site.

That’s a different update.

Flag Post

Actually, without installing a new script or anything, you can just download Google Chrome. Trust me, it is a miracle. All updates needed are already installed and are automatically installed in the future.

Flag Post

Actually, without installing a new script or anything, you can just download Google Chrome. Trust me, it is a miracle. All updates needed are already installed and are automatically installed in the future.

That wouldn’t have solved the problem of A) the script didn’t have an update when it broke and B) when the script was updated, it wasn’t approved for release immediately if you didn’t manually download it.

Actually, I don’t think you even what was going on here, because the more I read your post, the less relevant it seems.

Flag Post

5.0 isn’t approved or something because when I tried to download BK 5.0 on the other account in my pc, it wasn’t there. Can you re-upload or ask firefox support why BK 5.0 wasn’t approved or something? Thanks

Flag Post

Thank you, Ventero!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:

That wouldn’t have solved the problem of A) the script didn’t have an update when it broke and B) when the script was updated, it wasn’t approved for release immediately if you didn’t manually download it.

Actually, I don’t think you even what was going on here, because the more I read your post, the less relevant it seems.

Calm down. I’m just throwing out a suggestion for what solved it for me. You don’t need to respond so angrily to a simple suggestion.

And FYI: “I don’t think you even what was going on here…” isn’t a logical phrase. It should have been: “I don’t think you even know what is going on here…”

Think before posting.

Flag Post

uhm hi, for somereason my chat box become stuck with " info loaded"… or"conecting to chat"…. can anybody help me?

Flag Post

Make a thread here and we’ll do our best to figure it out for you.

Flag Post

I found this out after a week or so of silence. Problem was, though, that they could still see me. All my ranting and raving was typing to an audience I assumed wasn’t there… well, I have a lot less friends now. I might even have a negative number of them now.

Flag Post

I have a weird question for people…
So, I have an add-on that blocks most addictive games/sites on the web for me. I kept disabling the add-on through the add-on manager though, so I disabled my access to it.

Now I want to disable my old version of BK… is there anyway to do it without accessing the add-on manager in firefox? Because I disabled it =(

Update: In the exceedingly rare scenario that someone else has the same problems I do, it’s possible to restart firefox in the browser’s safe mode during which all add-ons are disabled.