Forums Kongregate

Ending the tipping program page 4

89 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by trickyrodent:
Originally posted by Cj10203040:

So what happens to any tips a developer has ‘saved’ which haven’t reached the threshold yet?

Great question. We’re going to be paying out all the tips; the developers will be getting an email about it.

Edit: Don’t forget to fill out the payment and tax information! Check out the email if you’re confused.

Originally posted by Gevock:

You could replace the tipping button with a ‘thank developer’ button.

Hmmmm……

I didn’t any of my tips it paid out but i didn’t get it.

Flag Post

Did you fill out your tax information?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by yonyo:

I had bought 50kreds to tip.. Now I can’t.. And I don’t believe in buying in-game… Oh well.. Let us buy other stuff?!

Gemcraft Labyrinth’s Premium is 50 kreds. :3

Yeaaaah…I’d rather set myself on fire than support that developer. Which is to say, I wouldn’t give him kreds even if the system allowed it.

Flag Post

Please refund my kreds then. I only purchased them for tipping purposes.

Flag Post

Paypal ?
Are you kidding me?
Paypal is not supported in my country. Wanna know why? 80% of transactions made with Paypal in my country are redirected into the accounts of hackers.
Not to mention i’m underage. Paypal is 20x more DANGEROUS than tipping.

I don’t want to play “social” tie-wasting MMOs that suck the life out of me before tellnig me I have to PAY to continue.
Kongregate is a ruin.
If you removed tipping, you removed the entire point of kreds.
Therefore, I DEMAND you to delete my kreds.
No, I’m not drunk, high, or at gunpoint. Now delete my kreds.
You screwed the entire developer community.
Well, screw you too, Kongregate.

Flag Post

Nobody is forcing you to tip

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tomatoman:

Nobody is forcing you to tip

I believe you’ve missed the point of the thread. People are unable to tip with Kreds now.

Flag Post

people are unable to tip at all , that’s the problem.
That’s why I joined Kongregate in the first place, because it was a freidnly community of players and develoeprs that helped each other. Develoeprs became increasingly better, (and richer) while players were increasingly happy about Kongregate.
But noooooooooo, big bad company Gamestop had to stop all good things about Kongregate, destroy the fun, destroy the community, and they turned Kongregate into a 50 % Facebook-50 % money-sucking machine Hybrid.
Because, of this, there is no other serious gaming website on the internet.
Newgrounds is the heaven of hentai-obsessed creeps, ArmorGames is completely illogical, MochiGames doesn’t even exist anymore ( virtually)…..
And really, I understand you need money , but promoting the crappiest of flash-MMO’s in the world is DESTROYING THE WEBSITE. Wanna go into financial crysis, or what? Kongregate was going very well before, why change what’s working? Only for the sake of it?
I heard rumors that once you become the boss of a big company, you become retarded, but you’ve gone way too far, Gamestop.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexFromRomania:

I heard rumors that once you become the boss of a big company, you become retarded

That’s not quite how the theory goes. The idea is that, in a company that is large enough that there is room for you to rise if you are competent enough, you will rise until you reach a position for which you are incompetent, and will then stop rising (since you can’t do the job right.) Therefore large companies have a natural tendency to field incompetents at pretty much every non-entry level, and in higher proportion the higher up you go on the corporate ladder. Kongregate was not nearly large enough for this phenomenon to be a problem. Gamestop might be, though, but I don’t think so.

I think tipping was never a priority for Kongregate (the tipping jar was pretty well hidden even while it was there) and now it’s gone. Hyperbole won’t change it, just get used to it.

With premium site membership, ads are gone for K+ members, so what happens to developer revenue when a K+ player loads up a game? Does the developer get paid as if an ad had been played, or is the dev just screwed? If it’s the second case, then that seems to me a much more problematic scenario than the lack of a tipping jar, since Kong is then sort-of kind-of violating their own rules with respect to sharing ad revenue. Sure they didn’t get paid by an advertiser to show the ad, but they got paid by a player not to show it. To claim that there is therefore no ad revenue to share would be kind of disingenuous. But I don’t know what Kong does in that case.

In any case, Kong was never an advocacy group for indie devs. It’s a business, and it’s running itself (into the wall, you might argue, and that would be your opinion) like a business.

Edit: \/ Thank you for clarifying. That’s pretty good news.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

With premium site membership, ads are gone for K+ members, so what happens to developer revenue when a K+ player loads up a game? Does the developer get paid as if an ad had been played, or is the dev just screwed. If it’s the second case, then that seems to me a much more problematic scenario, since Kong is then sort-of kind-of violating their own rules with respect to sharing ad revenue. Sure they didn’t get paid by an advertiser to show the ad, but they got paid by a player not to show it. To claim that there is therefore no ad revenue to share would be kind of disingenuous. But I don’t know what Kong does in that case.

Yeah, this was addressed back when K+ first came out. The developers still get the same payment; it just comes out of the K+ revenue in that case.

Flag Post

So you’re telling me that if somehow all players get K+, NOBODY will see ads, thus screwing the games/developers ?

As I said, either Gamestop wants to close Kongregate, or they want to get as much money as they can fast and abandon it in the hands of whatever loser after it loses value.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

This fucking sucks.

Now I have to have PayPal in order to tip?

Edit: Now developers will be even more encouraged to add shitty premium content to their games. Also, I figure people will be holding onto their Kreds more now than using them because the only way to spend them is through shitty premium content.

Edit 2: This should really open the floodgates for those awful awful MMO “games” that require premium content purchases to make any sort of progress.

Goddamnit DRK, why are you such a seer… :c

Flag Post

I have some spare Kreds that I wish I can give to developers as a small token of my appreciation.. I can’t think of any other way to use them up at this point. What can I do?? Could I get a refund on them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ablueday:

I have some spare Kreds that I wish I can give to developers as a small token of my appreciation.. I can’t think of any other way to use them up at this point. What can I do?? Could I get a refund on them?

You could always use kreds to buy stuff from your favourite game. If not and want a refund I think you should contact kreds@kongregate.com.

Edit: I don’t think they give refunds after one week of purchase.