Petition to add videos to Kong

21 posts

Flag Post

I say yes.

Flag Post

Nope.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Could you, y’know, explain why Kongregate should do this?

Flag Post

It also should add hentai and an orange and black theme.
Ooh, and then give it a tank for an icon.

Flag Post

Kong actually had videos at one time (well, the ability to embed videos in the forums).

Unsurprisingly, the feature was abused, and so it was removed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Kong actually had videos at one time (well, the ability to embed videos in the forums).

Unsurprisingly, the feature was abused, and so it was removed.

I don’t think that’s what they meant, but then again, they’re very vague, so who knows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Same reason they added an art and sounds section.
It’d allow developers and potential collaborators to showcase their animation capabilities.
I’m sure he’s not meaning a series of cartoons, like what Newgrounds has, but merely a short of a few seconds, purely just to show how well they can animate.

Flag Post

Better short link to a video than a video, size of a 630×360 in a forum post.

In a well formatted post, having a topic relevant YouTube video slapped at the middle of a post isn’t bad but most of the time, embedding a video into a post usually leads into an ugly outcome, particularly taking into an account there will be always abusers

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Better short link to a video than a video, size of a 630×360 in a forum post.

In a well formatted post, having a topic relevant YouTube video slapped at the middle of a post isn’t bad but most of the time, embedding a video into a post usually leads into an ugly outcome, particularly taking into an account there will be always abusers

This used to be how the forums were set up, but you’re right, there were abusers. Users would embed videos on autoplay, post hundreds of them, and things broke.

Flag Post

No were not going copy newgrounds.Just add videos.Its gonna make Kong more popular and entertain us.Just look at youtube and newgrounds.

Originally posted by CyanCyanide:

It also should add hentai and an orange and black theme.
Ooh, and then give it a tank for an icon.

Flag Post

I mean both cartoons and what you mentioned.It will show people other people their animation and voicing abilities.

Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Same reason they added an art and sounds section.
It’d allow developers and potential collaborators to showcase their animation capabilities.
I’m sure he’s not meaning a series of cartoons, like what Newgrounds has, but merely a short of a few seconds, purely just to show how well they can animate.

Flag Post

Embedding videos in forums always leads to hilariously griefy results.

Having flash videos would just lead to a massive influx of (even more) shitty, stolen, and/or adult content spammed through for the admin sorts to deal with.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Having flash videos would just lead to a massive influx of (even more) shitty, stolen, and/or adult content spammed through for the admin sorts to deal with.

Which results in more jobs required to moderate them, thereby doing more to fix the economy :D

Flag Post

Why not have a video filter that goes into action when you click download and prevents it from being uploaded if it has anything bad in it?

Flag Post

kongregate is a gaming website, not another version of newgrounds. I would like gamestop to remain being a GAMEstop and not turn it into a gamevideostop

Flag Post

kongregate is a gaming website, not another version of newgrounds.

Which is why the arts and sounds section is for collaborations on making games, as would the videos section.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Which results in more jobs required to moderate them, thereby doing more to fix the economy :D

Hell, I’d volunteer to do it for free.

But yeah, bad idea.

Flag Post

It’s just looking for abuse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoodooCoffeeGuy:

Why not have a video filter that goes into action when you click download and prevents it from being uploaded if it has anything bad in it?

by using my magic filter of magicness

Flag Post

Petition to Peacefully grant Massively Multiplayer and Persistent Browser Based Games to withdraw from Kongregate and create its own NEW revenue system.

Kongregate continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from Gamestop’s neglect to reform on-site and off-site spending. The citizens of the MMO/PBBG community suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the removal of tipping, modified ratings, etc. Given that the state of MMO/PBBG gaming maintains a healthy revenue and is the 15th largest flash game genre in the world, it is practically feasible for MMO/PBBG games to withdraw from Kongregate, and to do so would protect it’s gamers’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding admins which are no longer being reflected by Kongregate.