Forums Kongregate

An Expansive Directory of Kongregate Rooms (English) page 2 (locked)

83 posts

Flag Post

U-rooms (2)

Universal Turing Machine

Room owner:
Room description and history:
Past room names:
Notes from the room owner:

Utopia

Room owner:
Past room names:

Flag Post

V-rooms (1)

Velocity

Room owner:
Past room names:

Flag Post

W-rooms (2)

Winterfell

Room owner:
Past room names:

Wrath

Room owner:
Past room names:

Flag Post

X-rooms (1)

Xanadu

Room owner:
Past room names:

Flag Post

Y-rooms (2)

Ye Olde Pub

Room owner:
Past room names:

Yuijiopea

Room owner:
Past room names:

Flag Post

Z-rooms (1)

Zero Axis

Room owner:
Past room names:

Flag Post

It is now open to everyone. :)
Of course, there’s not a whole lot to discuss unless you have something to say about your room.

Buut, this is basically the template and now we just need the content.
Read the updates to see what I’ve done tonight.
Goodnight!

Flag Post

Well, the Kongregate Wiki is a good place to start for information.

Though I do know that certain rooms don’t like to feature a list of notable regulars, as they feel it promotes elitism.

Flag Post

MadJedi doesn’t allow a list of regulars on the wikia page, and I agree with him. It’s elitist and creates a barrier of entry for newcomers, so, personally, I don’t think a list of (notable) regulars should be included. It seems kind of objective, anyways. What classifies a regular? What makes someone notable? It just seems like a recipe for hurt feelings.

[Edit: ninja’d.]

Flag Post

The Inconspicuous Box

Room owner: Mostly_Harmless
Notable regs: CowFriend
Room description and history: Loves cows and bovines and bulls
What’s acceptable/what’s not:: Must love cows
Notes from the room owner: Is a cow lover

Flag Post

This is great, V! I’m sure we’ll all help as much as we can.
I shall venture to the outreaches of Kongregate chatrooms, studying the ways of the natives and, if I survive, post my results here/your PM box. Though, it would be nice to have a representative from each room to post about their experiences in their room.

Flag Post

Labyrinth

Room owners and room names: jimgreer (Sandcastle), Shadow42 (Discworld), Live2Die (Purple Haze), MadJedi (Labyrinth)
Social status: Open, friendly, forgiving, easy to get along with.
Comments: Labyrinth is an unofficial FGF chat room!

Flag Post

Thanks eP. :3

Originally posted by racefan12:

Well, the Kongregate Wiki is a good place to start for information.

Though I do know that certain rooms don’t like to feature a list of notable regulars, as they feel it promotes elitism.

I’m all for not promoting elitism either!

Originally posted by adv0catus:

MadJedi doesn’t allow a list of regulars on the wikia page, and I agree with him. It’s elitist and creates a barrier of entry for newcomers, so, personally, I don’t think a list of (notable) regulars should be included. It seems kind of objective, anyways. What classifies a regular? What makes someone notable? It just seems like a recipe for hurt feelings.

[Edit: ninja’d.]

I’m inclined to agree. Aside from that, it would be tough to get a list without hurting some feelings. So thanks guys! I’ve removed that from the template I’ll be using.

Any other ideas on what to include? I was thinking room age, but that could be tough.

Edit: I like “Past Room Names:” as an option.

Flag Post

Room owner: Hayato_Sakashi
Room description and history:Originally Made for Valkyrie, its design is to give all the people on Kongregate enough caffeine to not leave.
What’s acceptable/what’s not: Feel free to tread the waters. We’ll let you know
Notes from the room owner: Cafe Kong has had a history of trying to stay in line, and considered a ‘mod factory’ However, its really just a hang out at best. Most mods that come, are there to AFK/Hang out, so if you do get a mod call feel free to come check it out while you’re there. Please bear with the renovations

Flag Post

Thanks Haya and everyone! Give me some time to get all this content added.

Flag Post

Past room owners can be a good way to address some of the rooms history and allow some circumvention for the notable users and elitism, though that can be difficult for rooms like Achievement Addicts Anonymous with a revolving door of owners. Just off the top of my head, I can name Noisebot as our current owner, kamisaibou (more than once in the room’s history), Amour (left for very personal reasons), Theo1 (also for personal reasons and inactivity) just in the past 23 months, with the room defaulting to Jim a couple of times as well whenever someone stays gone for too long.

While the names listed and Steam IDs on AAA’s wikia page are accurate for listing the regs, the descriptions and most of the page has been vandalized terribly. I’ve not seen any of the regs complain or care enough to correct it, but the content would be seen as offensive by those outside of AAA.

I also like the idea of rating how user-friendly and kind a room would be on some type of scale to help more easily-provoked users choose a more friendly room, but that has the same problem as the potential notable user list. It’s hard to really quantify such a thing and can possibly lead to disagreement since not every room is as notably volatile as AAA. That is further complicated by matters where the room can be perfectly fine most of the time, with only one or two persistent users ruining the experience for others. That’s opposed to rooms where half the active user base consists of well-known trolls taking a break from their experiences in other rooms.

The description given by Noisebot for AAA is also very accurate, though sugarcoated to some degree. Half of the regular user-base, while generally agreeable in familiar company, will troll any new person who stands out too much, calling on every tactic that would make 4chan proud. If you aren’t a very collected person and are easily drawn into conflict, it can be months before the immediate response to your presence in chat isn’t for half the regulars to start piling on the trolling and flame-baiting. If you never learn to adapt, then you will never escape it until you choose to stop visiting the room. The degree of lawlessness will depend on whether or not there is an active moderator viewing the room, but it is never fully in order. Even with Noise making an appearance during his active hours, AAA is still more often than not going to be a very lawless place where you will get plenty of exercise using the report feature.

Flag Post

Thank you to everyone who’s been helping to provide content!
I work until Saturday, then I work on Sunday, so I’ll be a bit busy.
But I will have time.

Flag Post

Chill Lounge

Room owner:angelspubk (wilkins old owner updating just in case it goes unseen.. angel you can change anything to your liking, just wanted to get it done while i noticed it.)

Past room names:Chill Lounge(always and forever!) >=o

Room description and history: jim greer ‘owned’ it and i(wilkins) took over like 3 years ago and was very popular, got some mods nominated to help with the room and most, if not all, decided they wanted to make their own rooms etc. of course. The whole crew got split up but there is a new family now with angel running things and doing a great job i believe, she could update you a lot more on that cause I’ve been absent for a while moving, etc, etc. We have had some infamous trolls, Luisn in particular,i’m sure you are well aware of him and his ip proxy. He’s very loyal to the room though so he’s still there very much so a regular so it’s odd dealing with him. Sometimes nice, most of time trying to rile ppl up but he had to get put on meds or something cause he listens now somewhat atleast =p Honestly think the ‘big dogs’, greg or Jesus put the fear of god in him cause he wouldn’t listen to mods, admins, not a single person. Or maybe one of my millions of approaches and heart to hearts got through to him. =B Sorry angel if i’m stepping on your toes, definitely not my intention and i would assume/hope you know that.

Flag Post

Thought I could help this thread, so I skimmed through all the rooms and listed all the rooms that have no owner (some have local moderators though)

I’ll just leave it here

Flag Post

All regulars: Please let me know if you want something added for your room here.
If it’s appropriate, I’ll definitely add it.

All room owners: Please let me know what you want under “Notes from room owner:” so it doesn’t have to be a blank.

And thanks, Maik!

Flag Post

Thank you! Creating such a directory is a great idea. I hope it is okay to ask for help in this thread.

tl;dr: looking for a new room with mature people, I appreciate every advice ♥

For years now Road Scholars was the usual room I frequented, it was one of my first rooms after I finally made a Kongregate account (for the badges ;-D).
With a lot of nostalgia do I remember all the vivid discussions and friendly talk I had in this room and the moderators ranged from decent to fantastic.
Nowadays there are often less than 40 people in the room, it is silent most of the time and those daring to break the silence are usually very young. I am unfortunately not a teenager anymore, hence the rarely occuring talk does not interest me.

Even though I visit Kongregate less often nowadays and usually do not participate in the chat, having the option to do so is still great.

Now I am searching for a new room and I gladly welcome any advice.
Although it is only my 4th language, I prefer an English chat room. Most important however is that the average active chatter in the room is more or less mature, not easily offended and can even discuss serious matters if occuring.

Flag Post

There are so many to pick from, Tryko!
With the new update (where you have to click on the chat to access it), there have been fewer people in all rooms. I haven’t really noticed a significant change in chatting activity though.

Anyway, take a look at the rooms with descriptions so far. This directory isn’t nearly complete yet, but I’m trying to add more content.
Go to Cafe Kong too, if you want my recommendation. :3

Flag Post

tl;dr: looking for a new room with mature people, I appreciate every advice ?

Every prerequisite you listed is true in the room names Labyrinth. It’s the room I’ve been frequenting over a year now so I know how things are like there

Other rooms I’ve personally liked… there are too many :D but I’ll say Absolute Absurdity, Cafe Kong, Mostly Harmless, Sloth and The Red Bucket have pleased me very much in terms of both overall maturity and activity

Flag Post

Got a bunch of content added today.
Keep it coming!

Flag Post

Just bumping this for the masses. I’ve updated it a little bit today, but ultimately it looks like I’ll need to PM room owners and get more information.