Forums Kongregate

Is everyone happy with the Friday challenge?

27 posts

Flag Post

You know, where you easily obtain an item to use in another premium game?

Just after opinions and ideas here. I personally am not a fan as I don’t think I have ever went on to use the item that I have obtained so to me, it’s just another badge. Having said that, I’m not sure what I would like to replace (if it were to be replaced).

Do you like it?

What would you like instead or how would you improve it?

Flag Post

I like it because it’s free. Free stuff is grreat!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Do you actually use the stuff though? Are the items for games that you enjoy?

Flag Post

If it’s for a game that looks fun, I’ll check it out. When there was the challenge for a Card Monsters crystal, that is what actually got me started playing the game… Now I’m addicted to it. It’s like getting that first Pokemon card back in 1997.

Some other games I have no interest in, but it’s still nice to stock up on free items if I ever do play those games in the future.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dee4life:
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Do you actually use the stuff though? Are the items for games that you enjoy?

Usually, just to see what it does. It’s great when the item’s for a game like TDP4.

Flag Post

The benefit may often be negligible, but there’s certainly no harm in it.

I mean, if you have better ideas of stuff to give away for the challenges, I’m sure the admins would like to hear it, but I can’t see how the challenges themselves are a bad thing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

The benefit may often be negligible, but there’s certainly no harm in it.

I mean, if you have better ideas of stuff to give away for the challenges, I’m sure the admins would like to hear it, but I can’t see how the challenges themselves are a bad thing.

Yes, I totally agree. Like I said, I am just not a huge fan but I don’t really know what would be better. I’m just putting out the feelers to hear peoples ideas.

Flag Post

I don’t think I’ve missed a challenge they started up again, and I haven’t used a single item that I’ve been awarded. I’m in it for the challenge, and that’s OK.

Flag Post

Yes, I’m happy with it. There’s really nothing else Kong could replace it with other than Kongai cards.

Flag Post

i don’t mind the challenges, sometimes they give pretty decent items.

Flag Post

The item is usually not very good. It’s just another achievement to get.

I like to get as many as I can, but I have missed some when I just couldn’t be bothered(or didn’t like the challenge game).

Flag Post

I have literally never used the reward from the challenge a single time (not even the Bloons TD 5 reward).

As such I still like the challenges and wouldn’t want to see them go away.

Flag Post

I like it because it adds a few pixels on my profile. I think.

Don’t remember the last time I even looked at what the ‘prize’ was, or what game it was for… but any sort of challenge is a good one, regardless of the reward.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

The item is usually not very good. It’s just another achievement to get.

I like to get as many as I can, but I have missed some when I just couldn’t be bothered(or didn’t like the challenge game).

Flag Post

Hmm, you all seem to have fairly similar opinion to myself. It’s a challenge so therefore I like to get it but it’s just another challenge, like another badge and not really different. Just thought I would ask. P.S. Can any mod or staff tell me if there is a timescale on this particular Friday challenge or is it here for the foreseeable future? Thanks.

Flag Post

With reference to the thread title.

The answer is obvious. Not everyone is happy with the Friday challenge, however I would like to believe most people are and I wouldn’t like to share my opinion on the matter itself. kthx.

Flag Post

I think people may be more inclined to use the items if they are for newer multiplayer games that have not yet been badged but will be down the road.. this could also help to give people a heads up on which games are in the pipeline to ease the load on their servers and let people get started early on earning future badges.

Flag Post

I would also like if the items were for very recently badged MMOs (such as LoaTS, which has a really long medium) to help get those badges. Also, a much bigger variety would be awesome to get.

Flag Post

I find the items useful, and I respect those items in games I don’t play.

I just wish Infectonator 2 will give a free item away next Friday…

Flag Post

I usually don’t do a jack crap (mostly because I play only one promoted MMO/MP game as of now) with my rewards in-game but it’s always fun earning them alongside with badges

They’re like extra incentive so I’m happy, not particularly for myself but for the others

Flag Post
Originally posted by JamesBont:

I think people may be more inclined to use the items if they are for newer multiplayer games that have not yet been badged but will be down the road.. this could also help to give people a heads up on which games are in the pipeline to ease the load on their servers and let people get started early on earning future badges.

That. Most of the items are for MMOs that were badged a long time ago and/or have lost so many players as to be nearly defunct as a half-assed advertising bump. The item is useless to a badge hunter who has no intention of playing it again, useless to someone playing it ever since because the item is inevitably extreme garbage that shouldn’t even be premium in the first place, and generally useless enough that it’s not likely to draw in a new player either.

As for the challenge itself, meh. It’s a complete non-entity. It’s usually somewhere on a natural progression between easy and medium that’ll be picked up along the way without even trying for it, but without points. I don’t mind it being there, but it seems pointless.

Flag Post

I don’t like what they’re doing with the challenges. Whatever happened to creating cards for Kongai? My friends and I used to debate about which game what getting the next card, but now nobody I know gives a shit due to the fact that it’s all for the dumb MMOs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForgingIron:

I don’t like what they’re doing with the challenges. Whatever happened to creating cards for Kongai? My friends and I used to debate about which game what getting the next card, but now nobody I know gives a shit due to the fact that it’s all for the dumb MMOs.

We still give challenges for Kongai, but the game wasn’t as popular as we’d hope. Many more people play our other multiplayer games, so we’d like to provide a little bit of something for everyone.

Edit: 10,000th post!

Flag Post

Personally I enjoy these game item rewards. I don’t use most of them myself, but I feel like Kong actively promoting games seems like a way to get people to play games they might never have bothered trying to play. It’s a good way to get people to broaden their horizon on games.

Also, as a side note, congratulations Zshadow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:
Originally posted by ForgingIron:

We still give challenges for Kongai, but the game wasn’t as popular as we’d hope. Many more people play our other multiplayer games, so we’d like to provide a little bit of something for everyone.

Edit: 10,000th post!

I’d really like to see kongai come back into the spotlight, and it should have an easier life now that technology’s had time to move forward. The problem the game had was it’s awful speed – even the menu screen lagged. UI fixes, faster server responsiveness and another push into the limelight should move the game into the coffee break realm.