Forums Kongregate

[New] Room mods page 6

186 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Applehead3:

5/5 needs badges.

yes, two badges:
“On the good way” badge, easy, 5 points, post in the forum.
“M” badge, impossible, 60 points, become a Mod.

Flag Post

Don’t forget the “K” badge: Become an admin. (100 points)

Please do remember that unlike with moderators post, you can apply to admins post and if you’re qualified and there’s a need for a post to be filled, chances are good you’ll get hired

It’s not beyond impossible, as you stated

Flag Post

Maybe it’s just me, but I still find this update really exciting.
I haven’t noticed a whole lot of confusion on it either, so that’s great.

Flag Post

Congratulations to all the new moderators, and good luck to you all. ^^

Flag Post

This system is very effective for moderators that have been selected and congratualations for the M.

Flag Post

“Roleplay rooms kinda-sorta have to stay. From the few times I’ve been there, they have a very entrenched community. Plus, people are always going to want to RP and outside of rooms that have the purpose of RP, it’s incredibly disruptive; this is why it’s not allowed outside of RP-specific rooms (unless the owner says otherwise).
To add, there must be a place to which moderators can redirect those who want RP.”

I agree with Maik; having the RP rooms is very convenient for those who are interested but at lost as to why they can’t in regular chat rooms.
As for the whole idea of pruning the chat rooms, it sounds great, but at the same time it might be nice of others to consider that those rooms have communities too and there’s a reason that they’re occupied but inactive. Lantea, my homechat, being one of those chat rooms that is largely silent but still has quite a few regulars. It’s my hope that others share this opinion as well, but I can only speak for myself when I say I enjoy a peaceful chat. It’s nice not to have a constant flow of text spewing forth from users jumping on the Spam Bandwagon while I play my game.

If pruning rooms does happen, will users be made aware before the actual deleting of the room happens? At least so they can relocate.

Sorry to derail this thread.

Flag Post

I wholly understand the need/want to have a separation between Global and Room Mods.

A lot of us have been trained to modcall through Modfriends. I realize GlobalModfriends exists (partially through re-introduction last night on DarkRainyKnight’s part – apparently I had fanned/bookmarked the friend page and forgot it exists previously), but could something be done to differentiate the Global Mods from the Room Mods? Right now, y’all both wear the (M) badge. Maybe Global Mods could wear a (GM) badge, instead? Something similar, perhaps? I think it would help everyone with the transition.

As a non-Mod user, it’s a hair tiresome to have to spend 20 minutes looking for a Global Mod (while the over-caffeinated problem continues to bounce around the room or wear itself out into obscurity). I can only imagine how this makes the Room Mods feel. Either out of genuine desire to help alleviate a problem, or a desire to just be left alone with problems outside their jurisdiction, I’m pretty sure I’ve irritated a Room Mod on more than one occasion. Can anything be done to help us with the transition?

(Posted here and in the Suggestions Discussion strictly out of unawareness as to which is the proper avenue for this suggest/request.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DuskKetla:

could something be done to differentiate the Global Mods from the Room Mods? Right now, y’all both wear the (M) badge. Maybe Global Mods could wear a (GM) badge, instead? Something similar, perhaps? I think it would help everyone with the transition.

The only way to tell right now is to click on their name in chat and see if it shows a lost of rooms they’re a mod in. If it does, they’re a room mod, otherwise they’re a global mod. Different symbols would cause this to look more like a hierarchy, which it is not supposed to be, so both groups are going to use the same symbol.

As a non-Mod user, it’s a hair tiresome to have to spend 20 minutes looking for a Global Mod (while the over-caffeinated problem continues to bounce around the room or wear itself out into obscurity). I can only imagine how this makes the Room Mods feel. Either out of genuine desire to help alleviate a problem, or a desire to just be left alone with problems outside their jurisdiction, I’m pretty sure I’ve irritated a Room Mod on more than one occasion. Can anything be done to help us with the transition?

You already mentioned how to find global mods though, there’s GlobalModFriend. It works the exact same as before, just a different name. That being said, the point of the new system is to try to eventually get to a point where rooms have enough local mods that they don’t need to be calling in “outsiders” to deal with issues.

Flag Post
Originally posted by frankiesmum:

I hear much frustration from several people but I think much of this frustration is due to having an not quite correct idea about what a Moderator is.
A moderator is a person (not a robot) who plays games on Kong just like you do. We’re not here to to be policemen and we’re not required to be “on duty” all the time just because the M is always on. We volunteer to help when we can but Kongregate does not expect us to drop everything we are doing (gaming, conversations with others, modding our current room, reading fourms, participating in other aspects of the Kongreagte experience, etc) just because there is a problem in a room.
I spent much of my early modship whipping around Kongregate trying to help whenever a modcall arrived. That meant on average at least one modcall every hour of my time on Kong during the week and two-three every hour on weekends. My peak was, I think, modcalls to 14 different rooms in one hour. I learned to ration myself to one or two calls per hour though there were a few times when I shuttled between two or three rooms at a time to keep the lid on but that is exhauting and unsatisfactory for all the rooms involved.
And lets not even start on having to deal with the sparse but widespread “I hate Mods and Mods suck” folks. Envy is such a negative emotion.
I personally have no time for people who refuse to report, mute and move on. They’re the same people, by and large, who expect robot modding (instantaneous understanding of a room’s community and issues along with perfect knowledge of its history even if you’ve never been there before) by at your beck and call moderators whom they insult and treat as non-people because of the M. If you cannot ignore the problem but then choose not to report and mute then you are a bigger part of the “problem” than the kid who is “kicking the traces” for attention. Attention seekers stop very quickly when the audience turns their back. Report and mute is you turning your back.
The new system addresses these issues and more. As someone who, as a Moderator, has lived in the current system for over three years and watched many fellow mods burn out trying to meet the unreaonable expectations some folks hold I think the new system is a definite improvement.
Gext3r – I would seriously suggest you try some other gaming sites before you knock Kongregate off the list of acceptable sites for your as yet unborn child. Maybe the reason you are here and not on one of those would give you some clues as to why your child is better off here too. And before you ask, my child brought me here having done the rounds of many other games sites.
And yes, promoting yourself to me as mod material, makes me take a step back however I have nominated some folks who have expressed their willingness to help build the room’s community.

V already quoted this, but I want to quote it again. =] I could offer many other critiques, but frankiesmum did that very well. The biggest problem with modcalls is most people are only interested in them when they are useful, and have no interest in how it works.

I understand why some behavior in chat like spamming and harassing other users can be annoying, but it has been a long time since it annoyed me. People that do annoy me, are those whom I expected to know better.. Unfortunately as their knowledge increases, my expectations decrease.

Flag Post

someone just clone Jesse and be done with this mod problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

could something be done to differentiate the Global Mods from the Room Mods? Right now, y’all both wear the (M) badge. Maybe Global Mods could wear a (GM) badge, instead? Something similar, perhaps? I think it would help everyone with the transition.

The only way to tell right now is to click on their name in chat and see if it shows a lost of rooms they’re a mod in. If it does, they’re a room mod, otherwise they’re a global mod. Different symbols would cause this to look more like a hierarchy, which it is not supposed to be, so both groups are going to use the same symbol.

Room Mods have a section on their profile listing all the rooms they can Mod. This makes it clear where they can help. Maybe to help some of the people that are getting confuzzled, a section can be added for Global Mods as well. Everything would still be equal, even more so in fact. It’s just an idea but putting something along the lines of “Moderation: Global Mod” or “Rooms able to moderate in: All rooms” on the profiles of Global Mods would help clarify who exactly is a Global Mod and who is a Room Mod. I don’t see how this would hurt anything as to creating a hierarchy. When a person goes to a Mod’s profile it would be absolutely clear what that Mod’s powers are.

Flag Post

Absolute Absurdity needs room mod(s). wink wink
But seriously, I feel like since the batches of room mods have happened, Kongregate has already been doing better chat-wise!

Flag Post

Sooner or later we will probably see every room with a room mod! Wont that be awesome?

Flag Post

i wanna be mod too pls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6619510155102464:

Sooner or later we will probably see every room with a room mod! Wont that be awesome?

That would be very awesome!
I want to see every room with an owner too.

Flag Post

I want to become a mod.I`m on Kongregate for almost 2 years and I have many badges and I know how to moderate a chat or a forum.I`ve learned from the others mods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ratchet1999:

I want to become a mod.I`m on Kongregate for almost 2 years and I have many badges and I know how to moderate a chat or a forum.I`ve learned from the others mods.

Then you’ll be a shining example in chat! An existing moderator will see this and decide to nominate you. You have nothing to worry about, then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Ratchet1999:

Then you’ll be a shining example in chat! An existing moderator will see this and decide to nominate you. You have nothing to worry about, then.

Precisely. People seriously need to stop asking.

Flag Post

pls dont troll

Flag Post

..so… if i want to be a mod again (remod) so i need to be active again or how it’s works? Yes, i was unactive since last 6 months but now i’m gladly again here and ready to serve the community :)..

Flag Post
Originally posted by WizzardPL:

..so… if i want to be a mod again (remod) so i need to be active again or how it’s works? Yes, i was unactive since last 6 months but now i’m gladly again here and ready to serve the community :)..

Yes. You’d need to be renominated.

Flag Post

:T i wanna be a mod. i treat people with the respect i get.i used to be a moronic jerk but then i realized what i did wrong and now im trying to keep chats on kong from being horrible that way nobody has to feel the pain i did when i realized what i become.

ps if you do plan on modding me because that actually caught someone (nobody really cares and they just ignore me when i tell them to please stop harassing someone else and if i told this story they just completely ignore it.) mod my usual account guitarearworm

Flag Post
Originally posted by IRON_MUFFIN:

:T i wanna be a mod. i treat people with the respect i get.i used to be a moronic jerk but then i realized what i did wrong and now im trying to keep chats on kong from being horrible that way nobody has to feel the pain i did when i realized what i become.

ps if you do plan on modding me because that actually caught someone (nobody really cares and they just ignore me when i tell them to please stop harassing someone else and if i told this story they just completely ignore it.) mod my usual account guitarearworm

I suggest reading this and that

Flag Post

Title is a lie, room mods aren’t new. >:o
Not anymoreeee.

Flag Post

It was a good idea of a room mod.