Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Round 3) page 5 (locked)

151 posts

Flag Post

Update:

Flag Post

Typical. Once the scoring scheme is changed, I manage to stack not 1, not 2, but 8 fairies in a single life in the first 150 floors.

Flag Post

I am opposed to this change. This has been the longest round by far and this rule change is coming within the last two days.

Flag Post

Despite not even being in that group I think it’s not fair on the people in the group that they have a score change this close to the end of the round.

Nuclear Outrun is a tad luckbased and a few of us have said about a game change. But we kept playing and playing to get our scores.

Flag Post

Flag Post

I have heard your calls for a change in the recorded score in House of Dead Ninjas and I have considered the arguments for it, and I agree.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Are there going to be any other changes in this round that are going to hurt me even further?

By the way, I’ve gotten a 249-floor run (possibly even longer), but I obviously didn’t screenshot it, because at the time, there was no way it could possibly help me.

Flag Post

Thank you. :D

Flag Post

Nubz, Ima break 500 here soon _

Flag Post

Screw you, TM. I almost had first.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

I give up. Nuclear outrun is possibly the dumbest game I’ve ever played. Just had a perfect run, shot the cuss out of everything, made it to 3,000+ metres/miles/whatever, and my score was not even 3 million. Boy am I glad I’m not playing House of Dead Ninjas, I hear it involves some luck…

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Boy am I glad I’m not playing House of Dead Ninjas, I hear it involves some luck…

For simply getting to the lowest floor, luck doesn’t play too much of a role. If you pace yourself and always make sure you know what you’re going to be doing in the next couple of seconds, then you won’t get hurt. That is, until you accidentally fall two floors right in front of a blue thing. Then you hear its laugh-like sound and feel as though you just got stabbed with a trollface instead of a dagger.

Flag Post

Anyone else having issues signing in on the spreadsheet?

Flag Post

Nope, Green.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Boy am I glad I’m not playing House of Dead Ninjas, I hear it involves some luck…

For simply getting to the lowest floor, luck doesn’t play too much of a role. If you pace yourself and always make sure you know what you’re going to be doing in the next couple of seconds, then you won’t get hurt. That is, until you accidentally fall two floors right in front of a blue thing. Then you hear its laugh-like sound and feel as though you just got stabbed with a trollface instead of a dagger.

You need to activate your sarcasm detector.

Flag Post

Update:

Flag Post

It seems that everyone—including the host of this tournament—misunderstood my complaints about this game.

Oh well, it’s in the past now. Good luck to everyone—for the rest of this tournament, and for all tournaments to come in the future.

Flag Post

I’m really good at one-downing people.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

It seems that everyone—including the host of this tournament—misunderstood my complaints about this game.

Oh well, it’s in the past now. Good luck to everyone—for the rest of this tournament, and for all tournaments to come in the future.

I hope you’re not retiring Race.:(

Flag Post

It’s not a ninja if I just got the score, right?

7 minutes later, an update.

3 out my last 4 runs have been a huge increase. 0_0

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoshDragon:
Originally posted by racefan12:

I hope you’re not retiring Race.:(

You did, so why can’t I?

But as you correctly inferred, I currently do not plan on competing in any future tournaments. (I say it in this way, because I have been known to change my mind about things before—K+, anyone?)

Flag Post

Bump. Should be just enough to survive two potential ninjas.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Can I ask y’all something? How the hell do you get 3 mil+?