Forums Kongregate

Editing comments

8 posts

Flag Post

I find it annoying that i have to double, triple, or maybe even quadruple post just to fix some typos, and add in a couple sentences, i would like it if there was an option to edit your comment, if there is then could you tell me how?

Flag Post

I guess you just need to be confident about what you typed before you hit Enter.

v Yes, that too! Sorry, I read it as if you knew you could delete them already and had to do it 2, 3 or 4 times. Derp, I just woke up. :P

Flag Post

You can delete the comment and fix the typo in a brand new comment.

Flag Post

I guess you do just need to be confident about what you typed before you hit Enter.

Flag Post

I think Nightfury meant game comments.

Flag Post

I agree! But make it very short. Like only 5 minutes to edit, and after that time it’s not possible to edit anymore (pretty standard procedure on many sites). I often find myself having to manually delete and repost comments due to this issue. Or I type in a separate program (eg Notepad and then later paste it into the game commentbox) because the box is simply too small for a thoughtful review/comment. The box supports like what? 150 characters visible? Around that. Far too little. Either enhance the boxsize or allow us to edit comments. Either way works fine, best of all both :)

Flag Post

You can enlarge the comment box by dragging the thing in the bottom right corner down.

Flag Post

I’d like this edit rule, 15 minutes to edit your game comment, unless someone has rated your comment.

And, once you finish editing your comment, it updates the time stamp and deletes your old post, and reposts the comment with the new time. (so it appears above newer comments during those 15 minutes)

Kongregate forums, and game comment sections, should be programmed well enough to combine multiple comments / posts into 1, as well.

Especially if someone makes 2 in a row.