Forums Kongregate

papas hotdogeria is supposed to come out next week page 3

102 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokerhappy:

I think Papa’s games have now beaten out Call of Duty for how many times you can slightly alter the graphics and title of a game and make it a brand new hit.

The graphical (and other) changes between MW and BO are because they’re made by different teams: Infinity Ward (the “pro” team) makes the Modern Warfare ones, then their team B (Treyarch) makes the BlackCops ones to keep making money while the main team develops the next game.

On topic: As usual; don’t like it? don’t play it, not even for the badges.
Developers (not just Flipline) keep reskining the same bullshit because you keep plaing it and giving them money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

I doughtnut do not know what to say.

STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS I WILL CUT YOU

Papa’s Delieria

Papa’s Sushieria

Papa’s Starbuckseria

I think I’m enjoying this thread :)

Flag Post

I don’t mind the series either. Yes it lacks creativity now, as after the first game, making the second one lacked creativity. Still though, I do enjoy playing these games.

Flag Post

when I was going for as many badges as possible I always cringed when these games came out. Way too much tedious stuff. Still a little cringeworthy since it’s the same game every time. Most games I get as to why they’re played massively and the developers just make the same game over and over again, this one not as much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by manstrong:

This is a joke right?

Nope, sadly. D,:

Flag Post

You know, much as I like to see people panicking and wringing their hands over trivial events, I feel the need to point out something: sure, flipline have released more than their share of this type of game—but who else actually makes these kinds of games? Look around, there isn’t anyone. So there’s 7 or 8 games that are essentially the same game. So what? There’s about 7 or 8 hundred thousand tower defense games that are essentially the same game. To me, the only difference between say gemcraft, kingdom rush and cursed treasure is the graphics and the developer. Apart from that it’s all the same boring crap. And you don’t see me making a troll thread everytime I hear that someone is planning to release another TD.

Flag Post

Bleh. It’s games like this that continue to be created in such a succession that gradually drive me away, I think. I might just stay away from this one altogether.

Not that putting several hours into the same thing over and over isn’t fun or anything. I can’t imagine what I’d rather do! :D

You know you have a really, really good game idea when grinding is encouraged and is expected in order to complete the game. Then you capitalize on that, make a few other similar games with a similar plot, include the same characters…I can’t see what’s wrong with this at all. So many pay to play games do this and are so much worse. I’m going to play it 24/7/365.

Flag Post

Well obviously any developer (ab)uses a series like that…. think about it. If it works? And constantly you get badges and plenty of plays/cash?
And you don’t even have to make a game from scratch. All you do is load your old game, change some skins, add some new customers, add a sauce w/e and upload it as a “new” game. I would do the same if it kept working….. easiest moneysource ever.

Flag Post

Well, it’s out. Have fun I suppose.

Flag Post

QUICK rate it 1 star before it’s badged.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericzander:

Get out of here. It’s people like you who mess up the rating system. Play a game before you rate it. I don’t care who the dev is, or what series it is a part of.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Get out of here. It’s people like you who mess up the rating system. Play a game before you rate it. I don’t care who the dev is, or what series it is a part of.

I’m certain he’s played multiple of the games (such as myself) and didn’t like it, actually, a 1 star rating means that you “hated it”, which I did. I dislike the series very much. (I posted it on the thread to let people know though)

Flag Post

Current rating 2.7 – if only it would stay that low ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Here’s hoping.

Flag Post

While I normally enjoy these games a fair amount, I just thought this one was lazy. The toppings are unbelievably easy to put on, considering it’s a hot dog, and the pop section is just waiting. I actually completely understand if people hate this one
I did, however, like the update where it rewarded you for matching furniture

Flag Post

My comment was given -4 already.

Just for that, I’m gonna give it a 1/5.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

My comment was given -4 already.

Just for that, I’m gonna give it a 1/5.

Nah its -3. I automatically give comments a + :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Rating is at 3.38. I kinda want badges for the game.

Flag Post

Shooting this game down requires comment and rating manipulation. >:E

Though, I doubt they’ll ever go back to making real games, since they pass all these shitty clones off as iPod games and make who-knows-how-much on them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Maist you know that I played every Papa game and hated it. We’ve had discussions about it in The Labyrinth lol.

Flag Post

O snap, I’ve totally been waiting for this magnificent game. The unbelievable amount of originality put in this game rivals that of Dibbles. I will definitely rate it 5/5 and donate all my Kreds to this holy game gifted to us puny earthlings by the great developer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

O snap, I’ve totally been waiting for this magnificent game. The unbelievable amount of originality put in this game rivals that of Dibbles. I will definitely rate it 5/5 and donate all my Kreds to this holy game gifted to us puny earthlings by the great developer.

* tips hat*

Flag Post

The real shame here is Flipline is totally capable of making good games. Cactus McCoy was really, really good, and I remember Skystone was one of the few MMO’s on this site I actually enjoyed until it ran out of not-premium stuff. But instead of doing it, they just reskin Papa’s over and over.

Looking at their developer page, the Cactus McCoy games are the only things they’ve done since 2010 that weren’t just Papa’s skins.

Flag Post

Jacksmith is sufficiently different from the Papa’s games to be considered a different game. If it wasn’t made by Flipline, people probably wouldn’t even consider them to be very similar.

Also, Cactus McCoy is only arguably good. RoS even less so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Jacksmith is sufficiently different from the Papa’s games to be considered a different game. If it wasn’t made by Flipline, people probably wouldn’t even consider them to be very similar.

Also, Cactus McCoy is only arguably good. RoS even less so.

Skystone was great, but it was neglected so much. That, and the upgrades were paid limited-time boosts, which really suck.