Forums Kongregate

papas hotdogeria is supposed to come out next week page 4

102 posts

Flag Post

Yay, it’s out already!

For all those haters out there: It’s a time management game. If you don’t like it, don’t play it :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

Yay, it’s out already!

For all those haters out there: It’s a time management game. If you don’t like it, don’t play it :)

AMEN!

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Current rating 2.7 – if only it would stay that low ^^

Here’s hoping.

Please don’t let it increase…

EDIT: How the good fucking hell did my comment get -2?!? Even more, how did the game get 3.35????

Let’s make another piece of my rant, I suppose. And this time I WON’T be as kind and happy-looking as yesterday.

Flag Post

Honestly, I absolutely adore these games.. I still maintain my hatred for Pizzeria, but ever since there were upgrades to make it easier, there have been some that I really liked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Natamora:

Honestly, I absolutely adore these games.. I still maintain my hatred for Pizzeria, but ever since there were upgrades to make it easier, there have been some that I really liked.

I like the newest game, I think it’s a big improvement of the series.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MidnightWerewolf:

How exactly? Soda and popcorn are pure idling, the setup is almost a wholesale copy of Papa’s Burgeria, apart from the minigames and customisation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

How exactly? Soda and popcorn are pure idling, the setup is almost a wholesale copy of Papa’s Burgeria, apart from the minigames and customisation.

*cough* time management game *cough*

Flag Post

I’ve found each game to be different to me, and because of that, there are some I liked more than others. I think the Taco one was definitely one of my favorites. I also really liked Freezeria. Not everyone has the same tastes, so of course there are going to be a lot of people who don’t like the games. If you don’t like them, don’t play them. Just the change in what toppings, how you place them, how you mix them (Wingeria was fun for that) is nice.

And yes, if a game you don’t like gets badges, it sucks, but guess what, Kong isn’t trying to cater to just your tastes. They want to offer their wide variety of gamers a wide variety of badged genres so that nobody feels left out. I think Kong has done a decent job, though, accepting not a lot of people do like these games, and haven’t given any the endurance badges (sadly). Most can be completed in a day or two.

Personally, I can’t stand point and click, spot the difference, ohmygoshthere’sanotherReincarnationgame type games, but I try not to complain when they get badges.

(Also, if you feel you HAVE to play when/if it gets badges, just customize your character to look angry every time ;) You can let your customers know that you’re endlessly pissed off.)

Flag Post

After all these types of food Papa’s creating, I’m waiting for “Papa’s Diarrhea”!

Or, in other words, not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

cough time management game cough

cough I like time management games cough

Flag Post

Here’s hoping.

EDIT: How the good fucking hell did my comment get -2?!? Even more, how did the game get 3.35

Let’s make another piece of my rant, I suppose. And this time I WON’T be as kind and happy-looking as yesterday.

Heh I read them all. I find it hilarious how butthurt you are especially considering the fact that more people who had said positive comments about the game were downrated more than the negatives.

Flag Post

OMG, this thread was not a joke thread! That’s terrible LMAO! =D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kegfarms:

Here’s hoping.

EDIT: How the good fucking hell did my comment get -2?!? Even more, how did the game get 3.35

Heh I read them all. I find it hilarious how butthurt you are especially considering the fact that more people who had said positive comments about the game were downrated more than the negatives.

You probably slept over. From what I saw, positive comments were uprated more than negatives. One positive comment had -4, then it had +4. So, I disagree.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tetsuo_Shima:

I’ve got to agree. No matter what you think about the series, the word “Hotdogeria” is just self-parody at this point, and I’d argue it’s making it harder for fans of the game to take it seriously. This ratings plunge is very surprising, I’m fishing for reasons as to why it’s happening to this one, in particular, of all entries.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vorpal_Steak:

After all these types of food Papa’s creating, I’m waiting for “Papa’s Diarrhea”!

An argument could be made for this being the collective name for the series.

Flag Post

While I can’t say I hate any of Flipline’s games in particular, I also can’t play any of them for more than a few hours. With all the games being basically copies of eachother it’s like playing the same game over and over again. Which, tbh, creates the same problem with how long I can handle playing them. I liked that they strayed a bit outside of their comfort zone with Jacksmith, but even that was a real chore to get through. I only got the hard badge on that one because by the time the few new features lost their charm with me, i was around 2/3 of th way there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blackdrazon:

I’ve got to agree. No matter what you think about the series, the word “Hotdogeria” is just self-parody at this point, and I’d argue it’s making it harder for fans of the game to take it seriously. This ratings plunge is very surprising, I’m fishing for reasons as to why it’s happening to this one, in particular, of all entries.

People don’t like the series so they are voting an automatic 1 and probably getting friends to do the same. I wouldn’t be surprised if people also used alternate accounts to give it a 1.

Flag Post

I’ve got to agree. No matter what you think about the series, the word “Hotdogeria” is just self-parody at this point, and I’d argue it’s making it harder for fans of the game to take it seriously.

Well, it’s better than calling it “Papa’s Weineria.”

Flag Post

People don’t like the series so they are voting an automatic 1 and probably getting friends to do the same. I wouldn’t be surprised if people also used alternate accounts to give it a 1.

But that doesn’t make any sense: if they’re going to do it now, they should have done it for every previous entry going back almost all the way to the second. That’s how long I’ve been seeing the same amount of hate for this. No, something changed in the general audience this time.

Well, either that or we’ve reached the point of ratings manipulation, but I feel that would be more effective…?

Flag Post

But that doesn’t make any sense: if they’re going to do it now, they should have done it for every previous entry going back almost all the way to the second. That’s how long I’ve been seeing the same amount of hate for this. No, something changed in the general audience this time.

Well, either that or we’ve reached the point of ratings manipulation, but I feel that would be more effective…?

There are always going to be ratings manipulations. People in this thread have claimed they have also rated it a 1 without even playing it.

Flag Post

Just follow what you have been doing with MMOs, no unnecessarily long grindy badges. The game is the same thing throughout.

As long as the game doesn’t get a hard badge, I am fine with it getting badges.

Flag Post

it was badged? YEEEEEES

Flag Post

Honestly, I used to love this, but over the past couple games I just have to facedesk. Seriously…Jacksmith was interesting, but still got boring, but now…I only played 1 Day then quit…it’s fun for the first 15 minutes, then it gets old again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Honestly, I used to love this, but over the past couple games I just have to facedesk. Seriously…Jacksmith was interesting, but still got boring, but now…I only played 1 Day then quit…it’s fun for the first 15 minutes, then it gets old again.

So true.

Flag Post

Please make a Papa’s Pastaria, then be done with the series. XD

I’m soon to be done with this latest installment.