Forums Kongregate

A issue of sorts...

8 posts

Flag Post

Hi. Im not a developer. And yet, I have a little ‘D’ beside my name. Hmm…

I did the soundtracks for a couple minor games here on kong, and the developers courteously credited me as a developer. Now, (after the site update) those games appear on my page as if they were mine…

Several people have commented to me about them, erroneously believing that I created them. I find this awfully annoying, to be honest.

I’d like the option to omit those games from appearing on my profile. And, seeing as it’s in your best interest NOT to annoy the hell out of your users, I trust you’ll do something about it.

P.S.

I don’t mean to rant at the admins. Im simply angry. After the merger, kongregate doesn’t seem to care what their users want. When we ask for something, kongregate just waits for us to shut up! I remember when the people in charge were part of the community here, and they cared! I miss that a whole lot =/

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/feedbacks/new

Just email them asking to remove you from the “Collaborators” section of the game.

Flag Post

I think the person who submitted the game must have tagged you as a co-developer, as you did help to create it(with your soundtracks).
I’m sure you can un-tag yourslef some how.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

I think the person who submitted the game must have tagged you as a co-developer, as you did help to create it(with your soundtracks).
I’m sure you can un-tag yourslef some how.

I’d like to be credited on the games page, but not on my profile. It falsely implies I made it. That’s why I was requesting more technical options about what’s displayed on your page. Perhaps under ‘Edit profile’ or as one of the page options…

Hiding away the options like that is less intrusive then a ‘hide/show’ button. That way, the only people who see them are those who care enough to look for them (pretty much any developer) and it leaves the page cleaner looking for the average gamer. I have a whole lot of suggestions for this site; I believe it’s in desperate need of a design overhaul. I realize you just did that…but hey…Im being honest.

The activity feed is too cluttered. There needs to be some differentiation between shouts and activity feed (In light that there’s a HUGE social infrastructure on this site.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by I_love_you_lots:
After the merger, kongregate doesn’t seem to care what their users want. When we ask for something, kongregate just waits for us to shut up! I remember when the people in charge were part of the community here, and they cared! I miss that a whole lot =/

Ironically this was one of the most requested features from developers who’d collaborated with someone :P

Flag Post

We can’t have you as a collaborator without having the game on your profile. Sorry! This was a new feature that was requested by many developers/collaborators.

You could ask the developer to give you credit in the game description if you don’t wish to be listed as a developer of the game.

After the merger, kongregate doesn’t seem to care what their users want. When we ask for something, kongregate just waits for us to shut up! I remember when the people in charge were part of the community here, and they cared! I miss that a whole lot =/

Well that certainly hasn’t changed. We actually got more people on the community team, to help out our users! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

We can’t have you as a collaborator without having the game on your profile. Sorry! This was a new feature that was requested by many developers/collaborators.

You could ask the developer to give you credit in the game description if you don’t wish to be listed as a developer of the game.

Well that certainly hasn’t changed. We actually got more people on the community team, to help out our users! :)

I appreciate your optimism…

I’m obviously the minority in this case, thus I suppose it’s illogical for me to complain. Still, I’m not quite satisfied with the new kongregate. At first I thought I was simply afraid of change. Now I realize that I’m legitimately annoyed, and a bit sad.

I’ll let this thread die now, but expect suggestions from me in the near future. Thanks for listening =]

Flag Post
Originally posted by I_love_you_lots:

I’m obviously the minority in this case, thus I suppose it’s illogical for me to complain.

I think you’ll find that a lot of people will disagree with this. It’s perfectly logical to complain if something irritates you. Whether you have a right to do so might get some different responses, but I think most understand that voicing your displeasure is an important part of constructive criticism. You’re definitely doing it in a more civil manner than some users, which I’m sure the administration appreciates (and some of us users, too).