Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Quarterfinal) page 2 (locked)

142 posts

Flag Post

I’m gonna ask for a game change for Dino Run, because of the controls constantly not responding.

Flag Post

Doesn’t continuously changing games due to difficulty defeat the purpose of a tournament? “Make the games easier so I can get a pr0hackzz sc0re please.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gext3r:

Doesn’t continuously changing games due to difficulty defeat the purpose of a tournament? “Make the games easier so I can get a pr0hackzz sc0re please.”

I’m not asking for an easier game. I provided reason. As did the others. I’m only good at 1 runner and I’m not saying what it is.

Flag Post

This game is really dumb. Complete luck, I got this score with only 4 moves.

EDIT: Wrong high score board showing.

Flag Post

Pattern Memory has genetic factors involved. Yes, the skill can be learned but to a very limited extent to some people. That’s really what Cogheart Says is imo, a ranking machine developed by the Commy Japs to weed out the best of the breed. I don’t want to be a part of that, so request for game change @hiperson please, s0 eY3 Ge+ highhh scores @Gext3r
My score btw:

EDIT: I change my vote to keeping this game. I just found a method that’s so simple and effective it may as well be cheating :3 (although it really isn’t…). Well, there’s a method that requires a pencil and a piece of paper and I’m pretty sure that with a few games practice I will be able to prove it hew hew

Flag Post

I just received news that CogHeart will not be changed. I think you’re just shooting yourself in the foot here, but whatever.

EDIT: 6 out of 10 people have requested a game change. Trophy also requested a game change but then removed the request because he used paper to record the movements.

EDIT2: Make that 7 out of 10.

EDIT3: Is that 8 out of 10?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

he used paper to record the movements.

Dammit I thought I was so smart for some reason there.

Flag Post

Ok, first of all I wish to throw my vote back into the hat for game change. This game is ridiculously easy, it’s not deserving of a tourney place.
HOW TO GO ON INDEFINITELY IN COGHEART SAYS :D (WITH PRACTICE :P)
1. Remember to start at center for every new wave.
2. For every wave put a dot.
3. When a deadly wave comes, put a direction which will lead you to safety.
4. Resume dots for non-deadly waves, and directions to avoid deadly ones.
5. Just reference your dot-direction sheet during each new wave.
On my first try I got 6x my current best. Furthermore, I suggest to fellow tourney members in my bracket that if hiperson does not change the game then we will simply all quit playing. That way we don’t have to participate in a luck-based tourney (which it has been for us this whole time) and he doesn’t have his tourney post spammed with “you shoulda changed teh BLAH”.

Flag Post

You complained last round when I changed it to be more skill based. You complain now that I won’t change it. What do you want?

I do have a backup, but now I can’t tell if you guys want a change because something is luck-based, or if you simply don’t like it.

Or you can “mutiny” or whatever and I’ll simply continue the tournament.

Flag Post

Mutiny here. Jokes, right?

Flag Post

Put my vote in for a game change for CogHeart.

You complained last round when I changed it to be more skill based.

I remember this being a relatively small amount of people.

Flag Post

8 out of 10 votes for a CogHeart game change. Memory games are exploitable. I only remember racefan complaining about changing the HoDN stat to floors. Game change please.

Flag Post

Meanwhile, the running group is still playing Dino Run. :) At least I am, anyway.

Flag Post

Dino Run sucks. The retarded dinosaur can’t run uphill to save his life.

I have not experienced a game that pisses me off like this since… never.

Flag Post

I refuse to play this game anymore. Goodbye.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

8 out of 10 votes for a CogHeart game change. Memory games are exploitable. I only remember racefan complaining about changing the HoDN stat to floors. Game change please.

If you haven’t counted my comment as a game change request, do it.

This game is luck-based, no one enjoys it, and according to trophy, easily exploitable so that it can go on forever.

Flag Post

I took it as a game change request.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Flag Post

Just extend the round and get rid of these games. Nobody likes them.

Flag Post

I’ll change CogHeart, but if I get complaints from the next game, don’t expect me to change anything else. Pick something and be happy with it. If you want it changed, then say so and be happy it was changed. If you don’t like the change, well, just remember that you’re the ones who asked for it.

Originally posted by DustinDestroyer:

Just extend the round and get rid of these games. Nobody likes them.

Not liking a game is never a good reason to request a change. I just decided to change CogHeart- don’t screw that up for everyone else.

Flag Post

Game change- CogHeart Says changed to Mutant Alien Assault. Unlock survival mode and score as high as you can on Death Star. The retro group will be given an extra 2 days. The running group’s round will end on schedule. Screenshots should look as below. Your current score, not your best, will be the accepted score:

Flag Post
Originally posted by viper11475:
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Same as.

Flag Post

Thank you for changing it.

EDIT: This game is MUCH better. Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

Flag Post

Just a reminder- Dino Run: MoD was successfully used in a tournament once before. (Just check out those all-time high scores)

Flag Post

Tough game. A bit random with the gun dispenser, but I like it.