Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Quarterfinal) page 6 (locked)

142 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

I’m not in the Retro group, but I vote for Snakes on a Cartesian Plane anyway, just because it’s awesome.

I vote Pel.

Or Atomic Super Boss.

But preferably Pel.

 
Flag Post

Snakes on a Cartesian Plane is a wonderful choice. I vote for Lou for the hostile takeover. He can be a flotation device!

 
Flag Post

Actually, for the running group, you can have either Canabalt or RER.
EDIT: Or QWOP

 
Flag Post

I vote Hell Tetris for retro. Who says retro must be pixelated?

 
Flag Post

RER & Snakes on a Cartesian Plane

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Must be time for a hostile take over. I’ll be your new host.
The good news: you can choose the games for the semi-finals.
The bad news: the choices are:
Running group – Canabalt, Canabalt or um… say Canabalt.
Retro group – Atomic Super Boss, Ne Touchez Pas, or Snakes on a Cartesian Plane.
You have 24 hours to cast your vote. Go!

None of the above.

 
Flag Post

Why don’t we let racefan take over. I can PM him asking.

 
Flag Post

But what of the hostile takeover?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

But what of the hostile takeover?

There was a hostile takeover of the hostile takeover. It happens.

Anyway, having the co-host take over is the only logical thing to do – otherwise, why even have a co-host?

 
Flag Post

race can’t do it because he’s not allowed to know the games or anything. So now we’ll just have to wait.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

race can’t do it because he’s not allowed to know the games or anything. So now we’ll just have to wait.

That only made sense while he was still in it, but he’s been eliminated, so it should be OK for him to know the games now.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Ceasar:
Originally posted by T6salt:

race can’t do it because he’s not allowed to know the games or anything. So now we’ll just have to wait.

That only made sense while he was still in it, but he’s been eliminated, so it should be OK for him to know the games now.

It’s not that it’s not OK, it’s that hip hasn’t told me.

And, quite frankly, I haven’t asked.

 
Flag Post

But you are the co-host. If hiperson abandons, it’s up to you to see this thing through.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

But you are the co-host. If hiperson abandons, it’s up to you to see this thing through.

I can’t do that without knowledge of the games to be used.

Though if I had to pick my own game, I’d just combine everyone into one group and move straight to the finals, with the final game being Avoid Cactus.

 
Flag Post

I vote Pixel Purge for representing everything that is a retro arcade game. Simple mechanics, simple audio, simple gameplay while being deceptively difficult. I mean, it pretty much EMBODIES arcade gaming at its best imo. Otherwise I hold no opinion other than NOT ATOMIC SUPER BOSS HAX, thanks for listening.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TrophyMaster:

I vote Pixel Purge for representing everything that is a retro arcade game. Simple mechanics, simple audio, simple gameplay while being deceptively difficult. I mean, it pretty much EMBODIES arcade gaming at its best imo. Otherwise I hold no opinion other than NOT ATOMIC SUPER BOSS HAX, thanks for listening.

Too long.

 
Flag Post

Allow me. Round coming up.