Forums Kongregate

[Contest] Win Steam Games for FREE! (Winners inside!) page 3

143 posts

Flag Post

Minecraft is my favorite of course. I spend huge amounts of time in it and is where my imagination can truly shine. It is the only game in existence that can truly be described as having infinite content. Because there is nothing you can’t do in minecraft with all the mods, texture packs, in-game features, and ideas. There is literally an infinite amount of things you can do with it. That’s my favorite Indie game.

Flag Post

I’m going with Mardek. Definitely as indie as it gets, and such a fantastic game!

Flag Post

Ha, That’s an easy question. Terraria

Flag Post

I’m sad that it took until the second page to get Bastion in here. That game was truly fantastic in just about every way.

Terraria was indeed a fun game, but I was burnt out on Minecraft at the time, and I think that partly ruined it for me. Still lots of fun to play. I got a good 75 hours into that game before I realized where my time had gone.

EDIT: In the spirit of indie gaming, I have added more games as prizes. Each game will go to a winner, so we have more chances for people to win!

Here’s the additional prizes:

• Bit.Trip.Beat
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Rush
  • Toki Tori
  • 1…2…3…Kick It!
  • The Wonderful End of the World
  • The Ball
  • Dungeon Defenders

So in addition to our original winner, we now have eight other winners, for a total of 9 people in this thread will win a prize. Yes, that includes people who posted before I did. Wootwoot!

Flag Post

Awesome, Candyman! I was kind of disappointed at first that there will only be one winner, but nine?! I freakin’ love you!

Flag Post

I’m a big big fan of Limbo. The best atmosphere.

Flag Post

That would probably be Dwarf Fortress and it’s free. It allowed me to care for my dwarfs or be incredibly cruel mostly incredibly cruel….

Flag Post

The Bridge.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thijser:

That would probably be Dwarf Fortress and it’s free. It allowed me to care for my dwarfs or be incredibly cruel mostly incredibly cruel….

Hurting those dwarfs must have let off a lot of steam, right?

Flag Post

oshi-, none of the games have interesting titles

Flag Post

After flipping through the comments, I have yet to see a mention of Psychonauts.
Originally playable on the PS2, this platformer is set in a summer camp for psychic children trying to become “Psychonauts”, secret agents that use their psychic abilities during their missions around the world. In the short time I’ve played this game, the real lesson to learn is that looks can be deceiving. Playing as the main character “Raz” and jumping into people’s dreams gives you a weirdly satisfying reality check on how fun it can be to play a game that doesn’t always have to make sense in the moment.
All in all, fabulous game, quirky characters, and a platformer that gives new perspectives. Definitely, if you have the time (and the money) pick it up on Steam. Totally worth it.

And oh my lanta, NINE winners?!? The odds may just be in our favor….

Flag Post

I LOVE Psychonauts <3

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrownHeiress:

After flipping through the comments, I have yet to see a mention of Psychonauts.
Originally playable on the PS2, this platformer is set in a summer camp for psychic children trying to become “Psychonauts”, secret agents that use their psychic abilities during their missions around the world. In the short time I’ve played this game, the real lesson to learn is that looks can be deceiving. Playing as the main character “Raz” and jumping into people’s dreams gives you a weirdly satisfying reality check on how fun it can be to play a game that doesn’t always have to make sense in the moment.
All in all, fabulous game, quirky characters, and a platformer that gives new perspectives. Definitely, if you have the time (and the money) pick it up on Steam. Totally worth it.

And oh my lanta, NINE winners?!? The odds may just be in our favor….

Psychonauts is a seriously awesome game. Everyone should play it.

Flag Post

I have psychonauts, but I wish I did have more time to play all these games. That game so far was really well done and I loved collecting stuff.

Flag Post

If we’re going console game then I’d go with Shadow of the Colossus, so rich in lore and with beautiful graphics, sounds, and a touching ending. If we’re going PC game, I’d have to say Unreal, this is what introduced a gaming engine used and loved by so many, plus it was a great shooter whose expansion introduced player tools for designing levels. If we’re talking flash then I’d go with Tower of Heaven, while the plot was bare it left so much to the imagination that the player had free reign to decide the hero’s motives, plus a great sound track never hurts. If it’s none of the above, well my bad haha

Flag Post

Dungeons of Dreadmor is my favorite indie game. I can’t play it unless I want to spend the next three hours playing it. I always want to play just one more floor.

Flag Post

My favourite indie game? I’m gonna say Spelunky. It’s great old-fashioned, a bit forgotten platform game. I’m talking about the original PC version which came out in 2008, not the new Xbox remake. Maybe the graphics isn’t super fresh, but the gameplay is very varied and keeps you entertained even after hundreds of deaths.

Overall it’s really fun and challenging production. I recommend it to every platform games lover.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TrophyMaster:

If we’re going console game then I’d go with Shadow of the Colossus
If we’re going PC game, I’d have to say Unreal

Those are both awesome games, probably some of teh bst ever made, but neither of them is an indie game.

Overgrowth
The game is still in Alpha and already heaps of fun. The way the developers share their work with the community and let them experience the developing process is absolutely unique. This game really proves that great games don’t need multi-million dollar engines, but only imagination and talented people with a passion for making their visions reality.

Flag Post

My favorite indie game is Dustforce. It’s incredibly underrated, a pile of perfection.

It’s a 2D platformer made for keyboards. So none of that SMB game pad propaganda here. The gameplay is incredibly smooth and satisfying. The graphical style is beautiful and consistent. The soundtrack is perfection. I’m starting to think it’s even better than Bastion’s, I’ve heard both dozens of times.

Everyone needs to buy this game now. It’s on Steam.

Flag Post

I’m gonna say Garry’s Mod It’s tagged as Indie on steam.

I have tons of playtime on it and I have to say it’s quite fun with all it’s game modes. Recently GMOD13 came out and I’m loving it. Totally recommend this game to anyone who enjoys sandbox or RP or Shooting or Investigation/Mystery or Well, There’s tons of game modes and I can’t take the time to write them all down.

Flag Post

I would say that my favourite indie game is Journey for the PS3. It has especially aesthetically pleased me.
But if we’re speaking in terms of PC indie games, my favourite game would be Natural Selection 2. It has only been released a month ago, but damn, what a fantastic game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FerociousStrike:

Dungeons of Dreadmor is my favorite indie game. I can’t play it unless I want to spend the next three hours playing it. I always want to play just one more floor.

Ooh, good choice! I always enjoy that game when I play it, but I am pretty awful at it. There are so many stats to keep track of, but the dialogue and flavor text are just wonderful.

Originally posted by kankie:

I would say that my favourite indie game is Journey for the PS3. It has especially aesthetically pleased me.
But if we’re speaking in terms of PC indie games, my favourite game would be Natural Selection 2. It has only been released a month ago, but damn, what a fantastic game.

I played Journey before owning a PS3, and I have to say, it was quite a beautiful experience. I ran into a guy that had clearly played before and guided me to all the shinies, and without a single word between us, we struggled our way to the end together. The feels…

Flag Post

1. My favourite Indie Game (thou it was a hard decision) Unepic Rpg
The first moments of it already told me: Its a great game and something you wont see in any other games.

2. If we have to choose a Steam-Game i would choose VVVVVV
These are just games which impressed me most with an unique story and an unique gameplay.

Flag Post

FTL

Flag Post

Tough one, but I’d have to say Cave Story+