Forums Kongregate

[Contest] Win Steam Games for FREE! (Winners inside!)

143 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys!

Time for another rousing unofficial contest from the community admins. You’ve heard of Steam, right? The site that allows you to buy PC/Mac games straight to your computer?

In celebration of the upcoming holidays (and a random act of kindness), I’m here to present to you the Steam Game Contest where one lucky winner will receive a Steam game… completely free! Awesome, huh? Let’s take a look at what you could win:

“To The Moon” is an indie-RPG developed by Kan Gao with music by none other than Laura Shigihara (Plants v. Zombies credits song anyone?)

The story centers around a dying old man with one last wish… to go to the moon. The problem is – he doesn’t know why. With the help of two doctors and a fantastical machine, the team dives deep into his memories and unlocks a hidden secret of love, death, and the realization that life is eternal.

(If that doesn’t move you, check out this trailer and then we’ll talk… Dem feels.)

So how do you win? EASY! Follow these steps:

1. Post in this thread your favorite indie game.
2. ???
3. PROFIT!

One lucky winner will be chosen on December 1st, 2012 from everyone that posts in this thread to receive the game on Steam. Keep in mind you must have a Steam account to be able to receive the prize. If you don’t have Steam, it’s free to download and free to make an account. Worth it for a free game, I think.

Good luck to everyone, and thank you for participating in this contest! Show your love. ♥

SUPER UPDATE!

In the spirit of indie gaming, IAmTheCandyman has added more games. Each game will go to a winner, so we have more chances for people to win!

Here’s the additional prizes:

• Bit.Trip.Beat
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Rush
  • Toki Tori
  • 1…2…3…Kick It!
  • The Wonderful End of the World
  • The Ball
  • Dungeon Defenders

So in addition to our original winner, we now have eight other winners, for a total of 9 people in this thread will win a prize. Huzzah!

Flag Post

Cave Story+ . I only discovered this recently, but definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played, indie or not. Also It’s 75% off for one more day! (Steam version)

Flag Post

Can this game be on flash?
If so, I vote for Mardek series

If not, LIMBO

Flag Post

Torchlight II (50% off for another 32 hours) is currently my favorite indie game. The gameplay is addicting, plenty of loot for pack rats like myself. Bought the game with three of my friends for an additional discount, we’ll definitely be playing a lot of it in the coming weeks.

Flag Post

Does it have to be on Steam?

If so, I’d have to say Braid. I played it once and loved it.

Flag Post

what if i already have the game?

yume nikki is my favorite indie game

Flag Post

Firefall is a semi-indie MMO being made by a lot of designers from previously massive studios.

If Red5 doesnt count as indie; there’s Path of Exile, a somewhat smaller aRPG project that’s coming along greatly.

Flag Post

La Mulana. Period :) I saw info about To The Moon a couple weeks ago and the game really caught my attention :P

Flag Post

Super Meat Boy :D

Flag Post

Laura Shigihara! <3
Machinarium is my personal favorite. The art, puzzles and ambient music are one-of-a-kind.
I was going to say LIMBO, but Maik already said it ;_;
…I was going to say Braid next, but Maist ninja’d me. Dang!

Flag Post

The Binding of Isaac

Flag Post

Geneforge series.
It’s an amazing indie turned based combat system game based in a world known as Terrestia where the rulers are known as Shapers. ones who can mold life out of pure essence. They guarded the secrets to there deaths, but there creations and others jealous rose up for the power. You take the role as many different people in the 5 games, but it has tons of replay value on 5 because of all the people you can side with.

Flag Post

Spiderweb’s a pretty solid company, but I’m not sure they truly count as indie…

If Flash doesn’t count, I guess I’d have to say Faster Than Light or maybe Dungeons of Dredmor. ‘Roguelikes’ really screw a guy with poor luck, but I keep coming back to them anyway.

Flag Post

I already have it so I’m just posting to say… To The Moon is fantastic.

Good luck. :D

Flag Post

Ehh, he asked for Indie games, and Geneforge series is considered indie on Steam.
I’ve seen it and it is very moving.

Flag Post

It seems like VVVVVV is considered an Indie game on steam. Still, one of my favorites, so I pick it.

Flag Post

Portal

Flag Post

Has to be Super Meat Boy! Even though it makes me rage hard.

Flag Post

Oh, hmm… I can’t decide between Terraria and Super Meat Boy. I suppose I’ll say Super Meat Boy.

Flag Post

Botanicula

Flag Post

Trine was a very good looking game. I guess I’m including Trine 2 which had some really good idea in it.

Flag Post

Probably The Binding of Isaac. Played a lot of it until I got Platinum God.

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Has to be Super Meat Boy! Even though it makes me rage hard.

This.

Flag Post

Super meat boy for sure, even though I lost my file with 98 band aids and had to replay it, I still loved it. Torchlight gets an honorable mention.

Flag Post

Can’t decide between Super Meat Boy, Limbo or Braid!!