Forums Kongregate

[Contest] Win Steam Games for FREE! (Winners inside!) page 4

143 posts

Flag Post

Realm of the Mad God is a extremely addicting game that I have played for hours. Sure it’s repetitive, but it is repetitive in a fun way!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Hexagon.

Why settle for Hexagon when you can have…Super Hexagon? (just came out on Steam)

If we’re supposed to pick any indie game (i.e. not on Steam), I pick Jumper 2

That’s what i ment silly

Flag Post

Terraria. Looks like the game you have up there, mate.

Flag Post

Games that are equally good for me: FTL, Atom Zombie Smasher, Prison Architect (Even if it is repetitive at this current stage) and Garry’s mod

Flag Post

Definitely The Binding of Isaac. Currently I have played it for 143 hours and I’ve got every single achievement, but the game just doesn’t get boring. It has so much replay value, because every run is so different.

No other game has come close to the price/played hours ratio TBOI has, and every moment has been pure fun. And all of it for only a few euros.

Flag Post

So many good games… :(

Binding of Isaac, Bastion, Psychonauts, CaveStory+, Amnesia: The Dark Descent are probably my top 5 in no order.

I can’t actually justify any of these being better in every way than the others so I’ll leave it at that. :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingtimc:

Games that are equally good for me: FTL, Atom Zombie Smasher, Prison Architect (Even if it is repetitive at this current stage) and Garry’s mod

Atom Zombie Smasher is one that I wish more people had played. The humor is quirky, and the game is actually pretty fun. It’s all about those infantry squads!

Flag Post

It’s a tie between ‘’Super Meat Boy’’ and ‘’The Binding of Isaac’’ for me. Also the Mardek RPG series if it counts(just one guy making such an amazing game is astonishing).

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I already have it so I’m just posting to say… To The Moon is fantastic.

Good luck. :D

Such an awesome game, indeed. I highly suggest you all play it, even if you don’t win it here.

Though, to throw out a good game, Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone is a great action game. It’s kind of similar to Castlevania, except you have a magic system, a complex battle system, and a vastly-improved enemy AI as compared to most games (read: button mashing will get you killed against slimes, the very first enemy in the game). It’s extremely difficult, even on the easiest setting. However, once you get the hang of how to not get brutally murdered (tip: guarding is your very bestest friend), it’s quite an enjoyable game.

The setting takes place in the country of Scotsholm, where magic and monsters are common and stuffs. Arche (that’s you!) and her parents have just moved into the countryside town of Tonkiness (lovely name). Atypical of other eight-year-old girls, Arche is quite proficient at swinging around swords as long as she is tall, thanks to training from her dad, who was some kind of guard or adventurer or somesuch, who cares. Being the only school in the area, she now attends the Minasa-Ratis Magic School, even though she has never seen magic before, much less actually cast it. Will that change before the end of the game? Who knows! Oh wait, I do. :3

But yes, regardless of my horrible pre-game synopsis, it really is a great game to play. And, shockingly enough, unlike most Japanese-born games starring young girls, it’s family friendly in the visual department! So yes. All of you. Go buy it now. (Admittedly, it’s twenty bucks, but we’re all gamers. We won’t let a silly thing like a price tag stop us, right? Right, guys?)

Flag Post

Minecraft or terraria, i just like building stuff tbh.

And i never win stuff, but i guese i can try :)

Flag Post

sup minecraft now give me ma winnings bra

Flag Post

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet[Official site]

[XBL site]

Fuelcell games(Michel Gagne and Joe Olson)

Trailer featuring game music(“Blood Hunger Doctrine” by Dimmu Borgir)

Final Trailer

Your character is a scientist/pilot,

of a flying saucer.

Which you can upgrade with different types of weapons/tools, as you can see in the
Gameplay Montage Video

You start off on your home planet, which is overcome by darkness to become a shadow of itself. Then, you journey to The Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, where the entire planet of darkness is your enemy.

I love this game because of the animation and a story that could be told as a movie, but in this case told in the format of a 2D-scrolling environment.

There are criticisms about games made year-after-year-after-year-after-year that are the same game. If consumers did not keep buying the same game, the big game publishers would not be chasing them so much. There are a lot of great indie games here that are outstanding for their own reasons, this one just happens to be mine because I like playing as a scientist UFO pilot in a planet of darkness rocking out to Epic Metal backed by Symphony.

Michel Gagne is currently working on Saga of Rex. He plans to make his book into an animated film, followed by a game.

Flag Post

My favorite indie game is probably Cthulhu Saves The World. Seriously, check it out. It is a cheap game that is on Steam.

enters contest. Come on..big money..no whammies…and…stop!

Flag Post

I’d say Bastion. Bastion was such an enveloping game, with its superb soundtrack, entrancing narration, and unique world.

Limbo, for all its creative design, was not very much of a ‘game’ so much as an experience that left you feeling rather unfulfilled, like there was so much more that could have been done. Super Meat Boy would be my choice, but I’m a sucker for a deeper story. Bastion might not have the exact same replay value as TBoI or FTL, (I love FTL as well, imagining my poor fellows dying as they try to repair that blasted O2 generator is wonderful) but I love it the most all the same.

Flag Post

Bastion endeared the uniqueness of non-AAA games to me.

Profiting.

Flag Post

Psychonauts definitely :)

Flag Post

I am a fan of both FTL and Terraria. I honestly couldn’t pick between the two (Though currently I favor FTL a bit more.)

Flag Post

Good to see a wide variety of games out there! Keep ’em coming, the contest ends in less than two days!

Flag Post

I want to see how sad To the moon can get in person, rather then watching it., that is if I win it.

Flag Post

I have to go with Dwarf Fortress as the Indie game I have unquestionably played and enjoyed the most.

It’s not for everyone though, so I’m give my honorable mention to Path of Exile as a well-polished Indie game more people should check out.

Flag Post

My favorite is probably Dungeons of Dredmor, I’ve just always enjoyed dungeon crawlers and since the game is random it never feels the same to me.

Flag Post

I enjoy The Binding of Isaac, a truly morbid experience, if there ever was any.

Flag Post

I’d also say Super Meat Boy. Meat Boy was fun and challenging, but this game has plenty of characters, levels, and bandages that have kept me entertained. I also watched Indie Game: The Movie which really highlighted the effort Indie Developers put into their games.

Flag Post

Torchlight and Bastion are two of my favs. but I’m guessing that’s too easy lol but i do like them very much!

Flag Post

Geneforge

Turn-based tactical combat, unique setting, grey morality, multiple endings and choices that actually matter. One of the best RPG series I ever played.