Forums Kongregate

Changes to the Collabs section page 2

257 posts

Flag Post
I would love for there to be compensation for the removal of the Arts & Sounds section.

I agree. The profiles look terrible. They could finally use some updating >:D

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:
I would love for there to be compensation for the removal of the Arts & Sounds section.

I agree. The profiles look terrible. They could finally use some updating >:D

Maybe a profile update that featured the about me as opposed to your shout box. :D

Flag Post

I will miss you Collabs. :(

Flag Post

Maybe the admins can plan something new for Kongregate before the date they completely remove Arts & Sounds. That way, the people who are sad of the death of Arts & Sounds will have something new to look forward to and explore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

Maybe the admins can plan something new for Kongregate before the date they completely remove Arts & Sounds. That way, the people who are sad of the death of Arts & Sounds will have something new to look forward to and explore.

Maybe they are.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thorock:

i’m going to miss the Collabs.

Same here. sigh
I was so looking foreword to start using it.
Adios Collabs. (sadly)

Flag Post

I have another question. What will happen to those pictures that are marked as “all rights reserved”? Will those pictures be erased or returned or is there another option? Will the pictures go into like a permanent showcase (that could be used to promote kongregate) or what exactly will happen to those pictures?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rubixcube7:

I have another question. What will happen to those pictures that are marked as “all rights reserved”? Will those pictures be erased or returned or is there another option?

You’ll have the opportunity to download the content until a time set at some point in the new year when all the data will be deleted.

Flag Post

Oh. My bad. I wasn’t clear with my last statement.
I was thinking in terms of, “After the deadline was passed….”
Sorry.

Flag Post

The data will be deleted.

Flag Post

Okay.

Flag Post

I enjoyed putting up some pics here fro time to time.
So you kill te last bit of showcase you have left. Yea that surely makes you excellent or whatever.

Flag Post

They’ll come back Kamikaye!! Don’t worry (I guess!) =)

Flag Post

This really saddens my because I am one of those few that check into the collabs frequently.. will the chat system be improved to allow non-kongregate links to be clicked? I loved how sharing my tracks in chat would let people do a lazy Middle-Click.. whenever its a copy/paste link very few will bother. The collabs have been a great place for social gamers to share their creations.. I honestly thought this day would never come.. It was wonderful while it lasted.. With the collabs we’re Newgrounds direct competition, except we were better. we had slower uploads, more people could see your track in the recent section longer. We had more sincere feedback, via chat and comments. Kongregate was much nicer to upload to.. I also preferred Kong because over other places because of its simplicity and not total track restrictions.. sure there was a 10mb limit which forced us to upload lower quality than some wanted, but the ability to share as many tracks as we desire was wondrous. (soundcloud has that 2 hour limit.. other sites have such a poor layout and billions of ads..) Is this decision final? Will there be even the slightest chance of the collabs being left alone or modified but not being totally removed? Perhaps even leaving things as an archive would be better than removing the entirety, I know for a fact many of the uploads will vanish from existence.. and there are so many “All rights reserved” tracks that can ONLY be found on kong.. those tracks will disappear along with the collabs section of kongregate..

TL;DR

I love(d) the collabs, why on earth would we want to take them away..

Flag Post
Originally posted by himhim2340:

will the chat system be improved to allow non-kongregate links to be clicked? I loved how sharing my tracks in chat would let people do a lazy Middle-Click.. whenever its a copy/paste link very few will bother.

There’s always this add-on which allows all links to become hyperlinks.

EDIT @below: You could always spread the word of the add-on around, the more who know about it, the more will have it, and it will eventually become more commonplace.

Flag Post

That would only affect users who have bothered to install.. sure now I can click links, but the 50+ others in chat are more than likely to have to copy/paste.

Flag Post

You can still use off-site links in your profile. While not as immediately convenient, it’s functional.

Flag Post

True. I suppose that works for the person who knows who I am and has a fair amount of desire to listen to tracks.. I really see this as a negative thing for kongregate…

Flag Post

Maybe Kongregate should create an external site just for Arts & Sounds (collabs.kongregate.com) where people can work on art and music tracks for games to be uploaded to www.kongregate.com.

Flag Post

That would be nifty.. though I doubt that will happen. Great idea though.

Flag Post

collabs.kongregate.com would be the same thing as what exists right now.

Flag Post

My intention is that collabs.kongregate.com would be strictly for game arts/sounds.

Flag Post

well, someone should make a petition for kongregate’s collabs. If more than 35 k people vote for the collabs before Christmas, then they stay as they were.
Unfortunately, i’m not good at making petitions and I don’t even know a good site for doing it ( maybe Avaaz.org ? They did the anti-ACTA petition)
and the arts& sounds section doesnt get activity, cuz you dont do enough advertising. I’ve seen more ads to World of Warcraft than links to the collabs .

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexFromRomania:

well, someone should make a petition for kongregate’s collabs. If more than 35 k people vote for the collabs before Christmas, then they stay as they were.

The petitioners don’t really get to set the terms of the outcome. Remember, a petition is technically nothing more than formal begging.

Flag Post

no keep arts an sounds-.-