Forums Kongregate

Changes to the Collabs section page 3

257 posts

Flag Post
and the arts& sounds section doesnt get activity, cuz you dont do eonugh advertising.

Also, because the link to the Arts & Sounds section is quite hidden, people who do scroll their mouse over the Community tab don’t usually notice Arts & Sounds, and even when they do they might not be interested. Usually only curious players who explore Kongregate find the Arts & Sounds. Maybe if it were in the front page, people would use it more.
The Arts & Sounds have been used a lot, but within a long time period. If it were to be on the front page, it would be used by more people in a short time period.
Just a thought. Letting it go or signing a petition to keep it; I’m neutral.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:
Originally posted by AlexFromRomania:

well, someone should make a petition for kongregate’s collabs. If more than 35 k people vote for the collabs before Christmas, then they stay as they were.

The petitioners don’t really get to set the terms of the outcome. Remember, a petition is technically nothing more than formal begging.

That’s exactly my point.
Oh wait, you don’t want formal begging? You know, i’m Romanian, i’m good at both kinds!

Flag Post

the arts and sounds used to have a VERY convenient link. I do believe if there was an arts and sounds contest again we would see a MASSIVE spike. From what I’ve heard we’ve only ever had one collab contest. If 35k beg for it to stay, thats a good percent of active players and it most likely would stay..

Flag Post
If 35k beg for it to stay

Well, we should get started. Who wants to start a petition, and is it wise to do so?

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:
If 35k beg for it to stay

Well, we should get started. Who wants to start a petition, and is it wise to do so?

I’m not sure if you’re kidding. :P

But honestly, I don’t think that’s something a petition would help with.
They’re going to go through with it regardless, that’s just the fact of the matter.
The admins get to make those kinds of decisions because this is a business.
(it’s crazy to think of Kongregate as a business) They were kind enough to announce it a while early and give everyone a heads up though, and I think that’s awesome.

Flag Post

I guess sarcasm doesn’t trend well over the ’net.

Flag Post

You didn’t start the removing the Collabs now. It started when the new profile didn’t have a clear link to art and music a player had created.

Flag Post

I don’t think Collabs ever really took off. I remember when it was introduced and I just didn;‘t feel it worked as well as the rest of the site, and that’s never really changed. Newgrounds does collabs well, Kongregate doesn’t. It’s a shame, but for it to ever take off it would need a complete overhaul, and personally I’m not sure that I’d want kong to focus on that over gaming aspects of the site.

Flag Post

They are getting rid of collabs because facebook doesnt have collabs

just wait for January when they announce that they are closing the forums because facebook has no forums.

Flag Post

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
they changed it, now it sucks

Flag Post

I dont see the logic in removing Art and sounds from Kongregate.
It is a wonderful section that I have uploaded to for months.. I think years even. It is a great place for fellow artist to get together and have ideas by bouncing them off one another in the comments. Were we can give fellow artist criticism about their art and help make them better at what they do. It is a place where we can congregate , kinda what this sight is about isnt it? not just gaming but talking with others in the forums or gaming with each other in the games, like those the art section is another part of the community here. taking it away would be like killing a part of ones own body. A reason why I started posting art in the first place. Its simple, easy, and it works. I get to know what people like and dont like, something I dont actually get anywhere else. And recently one of the only reasons I have visited this sight would be the check what people have made.. to get some ideas or help others with theirs.
Removing that would just be a damn shame, and ruin one of the greatest art boards I know of.
So please enlighten me. What positive comes from removing this? and is it even worth it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

You didn’t start the removing the Collabs now. It started when the new profile didn’t have a clear link to art and music a player had created.

I also agree with this. The removal of the collabs seems to have started a while back

Flag Post

The collabs section was my favorite part of kongregate. I, as always, am part of the unlucky minority :/

Flag Post
Why are we doing this? Well, basically, our goal is to have Kongregate be truly excellent at all the things it does. We’ve been looking at various aspects of the site and asking ourselves if they are awesome. If they aren’t awesome, we’re having to decide whether we want to try to make them awesome. Obviously, some things are going to get improved significantly (like all the room mod features); other things (like tipping) are going to be discontinued. Our forum about The Arts will remain, though, so you’ll still be able to post links to your work and get feedback from other kongfolks.

So you’re removing it because it’s not awesome and you don’t want to improve it?
Aww, that’s pretty sad. I actually thought that place was pretty awesome…

Flag Post

This really upset me for some reason.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

I guess sarcasm doesn’t trend well over the ’net.

Yeahhh not usually, haha.

Flag Post

Will we be able to see people’s art?

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Will we be able to see people’s art?

It’s all getting removed. People who uploaded stuff have until some point next year to make sure they get all they want, and then it’s removed from the site. So unless they upload it somewhere else and provide links, sadly there won’t be a way.

Flag Post

I honestly think it should just be left alone. It functioned perfectly, it let us musicians and developers explore possibilities. I’m not sure if it REALLY had much to do with music for games.. but it certainly was good for just sharing our music.. I know atleast a handful of us were able to help out someones games in one way or another..

Flag Post

The whole point of it was for music and art for games, himhim2340.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

The whole point of it was for music and art for games, himhim2340.

Now the way I see it. Being that the name of the site is Kongregate, that the collabs section was for artist and musicians such as me and himhim2340 to get together and congregate with each other. It may have been started for games, but quickly became something else. This something else was a good thing. Removing it forces us to post else were, and if we wanted to post else were dont you think we would have posted there in the first place?

Flag Post

i had fun putting stuff up here, sharing my music with other musicians and listeners of kong….there’s always NG and other sites, RIP Arts & Sounds

Flag Post
Originally posted by hektikbeatz:

i had fun putting stuff up here, sharing my music with other musicians and listeners of kong….there’s always NG and other sites, RIP Arts & Sounds

I like that attitude. It was fun while it lasted.

Flag Post

I enjoyed sharing with the community as well.. I don’t exactly see why the collabs are considered “not-awesome”. they’re actually pretty awesome!

Flag Post

Eh, it’s descended to hell anyway, get rid of it.