Forums Kongregate

Changes to the Collabs section page 6

257 posts

Flag Post

I think this is a real shame. The collabs are a great platform for people to show their talent and for other people to tap into that talent. I personally use it to show the music I make, and I have had some appreciation for that. Please don’t remove it.

Flag Post

I think th epeople have spoken. Its just up to the staff to decide if they will listen or not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by buggerd:

I think th epeople have spoken. Its just up to the staff to decide if they will listen or not.

Eh, there was more resistance to the new profiles than this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AngelsDontKill11:

tldr? Summary: collabs isn’t as good as it used to be but it could be. We probably can’t sway the decision now but there is the opinion nonetheless

One of the all time best has spoken.. the collabs are loved by many.. I think that those staff members should do something to the section.. other than removing it..

Flag Post

Well that’s to bad.
I joined Kongregate in 2008 and I remember clearly when the collabs were first introduced. It was really neat seeing other peoples music and ultimately got me interested in writing. I still to this day enjoy uploading my music to this website as well as other similar websites.
But my question is, why are you going to just ditch the entire thing instead of fix it? There hasn’t been a change to the collabs for like three years. Yes, it’s true that the same top 5 art/songs are always on the front page, so why didn’t you guys do anything about it? It wouldn’t be to hard to incorporate best of the week/month/year similar to newgrounds to avoid that particular problem. Literally all you would have to do to generate more interest in Kongregate Collabs is to feature more songs on the front page.
I’m just saying, you guys say that the collabs lacks interest, but you should acknowledge that part of that lack of interest is due to how you’ve set it up
I also don’t really see the purpose of shutting it down. If you have a community of people, no matter how small, enjoying the collabs then why would you remove it?
This was the first website I ever uploaded my music too, I would hate to see it disappear.

Flag Post

What? No!!! I don’t know what other site I can put it on! Please.. No.. D:

Flag Post

If the admins rethink their decision.. would they let us know? or would we all be in suspense until that last day..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Solemnly_Broken:

What? No!!! I don’t know what other site I can put it on! Please.. No.. D:

As has been stated by multiple users, DeviantArt and Tumblr are just two of many existing options. You can even post direct links to your profiles on other sites in your Kong profile’s About Me section as long as the target site has no objectionable content.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

IMO, it’s a logical, albeit disappointing decision. I was just talking to some people about how it’s a feature of the site that I always intended to pay more attention to, but never found myself actually doing (and I’m not alone in that, from what I hear). At least they’re maintaining the discussion area, so people can still share and show off their work.

Flag Post

I refuse to let this happen.

We had a collabs section?

Flag Post

Honestly, there’s a lot of possibilities that open up when you consider all the work that won’t have to be done to maintain Collabs. By getting rid of it, there’s (hopefully!) going to be a focus area on content that is specifically game related. You know, because games are just kind of what Kongregate’s all about.

Regardless of protest from others, I’m excited for this to happen, and even more excited to see what comes of it.

Flag Post

Nooo! joj
:’(

Flag Post

The Collabs will be back January 28. We will miss you and hope you update safely. (._.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kwadwo195:

The Collabs will be back January 28. We will miss you and hope you update safely. (._.)

Not quite…. The Collabs are being shut down because the section in its entirety is being taken down. You’ll still be able to use the Arts forum though.

Flag Post

You misread the announcement, it will be deleted on Jan. 28.

Edit: Gosh darn semi-ninjas.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

You misread the announcement, it will be deleted on Jan. 28.

Edit: Gosh darn semi-ninjas.

Tee hee.

Flag Post

I’m all for leaving unbroken things alone… If something isn’t broke, don’t fix it. But my opinion holds not matter, nor does anyone elses, they will do what they will regardless of what anyone has to say. So be it, I’m pissy to see it go.

Flag Post

" the fact is that they’re not getting nearly enough use to warrant the remodel that we all know is sorely needed"
Like me, many of you should have gotten a message with this in it.
It is known by me and many other’s that kongregate has ignoring, hiding, and slowly removing the collabs for a long time now.
they stoped having contest for it. they stopped advertisement for it. sending that message was the first advertisement for the collab in what seems to be a few years.
We told them to keep it, it can be saved.. and even told them how and why.. and they wont even give us some form of replacement.
just a to bad kid, maybe next time.
I feel we have been ignored.
The collabs was the last and only reason i come to this site in recent months.. and i would occasionally check the games after viewing some art.
I do not upload on other sites because this one was the best… with the death of the collabs it will be the death of buggerd and my online art.. though not great People did have me do some fun things for them. even got a job painting a school because of this site.
I bit thee fare well, and by january 28 I will no longer exist here.

Flag Post

This is sad…

Flag Post

actually.. now that I think about it.. the last time I saw an advertisement for collabs was before gamestop took over.. though to be fare even in 08-09 it was rare… but then again after gamestop bought kong, the collabs to a hard hit… not blaming gamestop.. just stating what I have noticed..

Flag Post

this makes no sense too me. kong is a place about making, sharing, playing games and all game related things right. so why take out the collabs that place is one of the reasons many people prefer kong. and I agree with buggerd.

Flag Post

This is ludicrous, honestly, I feel as if Kongregate is taking the easy way out. I mean, I understand that Kongregate’s main purpose is hosting games and what not, but I would strongly recommend that instead of taking down the Collab center, you do a promotion for it. I feel that you should give the Collab center once last chance, and after the promotion, if you still do not feel it is popular enough to stay, I would understand it’s removal. However, I feel as if you are obligated to at least give it a chance to make it. Please get back to me as soon as possible. Also, if you need any help with ideas or what not about the promotion (assuming you go along with it) feel free to ask! Thankyou for your time!
Sincerely, zappy212

Flag Post
Originally posted by Battlecock:

I’m all for leaving unbroken things alone… If something isn’t broke, don’t fix it. But my opinion holds not matter, nor does anyone elses, they will do what they will regardless of what anyone has to say. So be it, I’m pissy to see it go.

I don’t really like thinking of it that way, but realistically it is their decision to make, and it will be best for the community. They know, they’ve been working for Kongregate for a while. ;3 People don’t have to agree with it, and I can see we all won’t, but that’s the way it is.

Buuut, here, have some good news!

Flag Post

Hey Zappy (and others, but most recently Zapppy), we really understand that it sucks for those people who are invested in the collabs and are part of that community. However, just the fact that it exists doesn’t warrant it sticking around, sadly. If we had a section where you could share and rate recipes, I’m sure some people would use it (I probably would), and people would be sad if we then took it away, but it just wouldn’t fit in with what the site wants to be. While not near as much as an imaginative stretch, the collabs now take on a similar role. Also, the issue isn’t just that few people are using it (although that definitely is an issue). There are fundamental flaws that developed in the section after it was launched and patched a couple of times that will not go away no matter how much traffic we throw at it (actually, they’d likely just get worse) and would instead take serious programming and design resources for us to completely overhaul it. You can read more of my thoughts on the subject in this post.

Flag Post

you guys do realise that when the collabs came out they had no intention to keep them anyway if they did they would have made sure that any and all bugs were fixed before the collabs launched