Forums Kongregate

Changes to the Collabs section page 8

257 posts

Flag Post

I hope it gets relaunched in the near future.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I think the intention of this thread was misunderstood. This thread is an announcement, not an introduction to debate.

I wasn’t very happy about Kongregate+, and I’m not very happy about this. With each passing day to me, Kongregate is becoming more and more of a corporate sellout and less and less of the personal gaming site many of us knew a few years ago. If the users don’t get a say in issues like these, I won’t even bother putting any of my money into the site anymore.

Flag Post

I wasn’t entirely clear in my intention of the word “debate” and for that I apologize. I meant debate in the context of “let’s try to get the administration to change their mind” and not “let’s talk about this.”

Flag Post

I honestly forgot it even existed. Instead of removing in the next month, place it on the front page off to the side and see how it goes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 09Kisame09:
With each passing day to me, Kongregate is becoming more and more of a corporate sellout and less and less of the personal gaming site many of us knew a few years ago. If the users don’t get a say in issues like these, I won’t even bother putting any of my money into the site anymore.

That site was not sustainable, so Kong had to change. If Kongregate had not become a “sellout”, it would not exist today. I may not like this 2012 Kongregate as much as the 2008 Kongregate, but I would much rather have this Kongregate than no Kongregate.

This is why the administration runs the site, and the users do not—because they know what’s best, much more so than we ever could.

Flag Post

Everyone’s got their own opinion, I suppose, Kisame.
I for one, am grateful:

It’s easy to take what we have for granted. :)

Flag Post

Why is it so necessary to do this? .. sigh Will it be replaced with another feature or something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BLYXX:

Why is it so necessary to do this? .. sigh Will it be replaced with another feature or something?

We’re always getting new stuff. :o
Like Apocalypse Nao.

Flag Post

Well this is incredibly disappointing. As others have pointed out, Kongregate did an excellent job of hiding the Collabs section. I also don’t see why improving the Collabs isn’t an option. The deletion of this aspect of Kongregate seems like a very bad move in my opinion.

Why become just another game hosting website? Having a place for people to work together ON games really sets Kongregate apart from the other sites like it.

I hope that you all will reconsider this destructive decision…

Flag Post

Too bad we have to see it go. I thought it was a decent addition to this site and I don’t see much reason to remove it but life goes on.

Flag Post

Out of topic

Originally posted by 09Kisame09:

One good supporting reason why the collabs should be kept

Erm, looks like that song was stolen, maybe? The song seems to have another name: not “The Draem World”[sic], but rather “Wake Up (SP mix)”; just download it from Kong and you’ll see the artist is called Steven Polley. He is from NG. Now I don’t know if DJ_Sketch is an alias whatsoever, but why would the songs have different names? Also, I’ve checked the dates, the NG one is 1 week older.

Flag Post

This is a system of rubbish here. Is Gamestop forcing us here to do this? Because its called *Game*Stop and not ArtsSoundsGameStop? When this happens Im leaving and many many others will too.

Flag Post

Most of the people rate shit stuff 5/5 and make shit.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoodooCoffeeGuy:

This is a system of rubbish here. Is Gamestop forcing us here to do this? Because its called *Game*Stop and not ArtsSoundsGameStop? When this happens Im leaving and many many others will too.

I honestly don’t think Gamestop had anything to do with it. :P

Flag Post

Oh, FFS! Taking all that out, Kongregate will just get worse and worse, IMO. A just flash-game page? those things are everywhere, so if you want to breach enter into unoriginality, go ahead. I ain’t going with you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SulphureTroll:

Oh, FFS! Taking all that out, Kongregate will just get worse and worse, IMO. A just flash-game page? those things are everywhere, so if you want to breach enter into unoriginality, go ahead. I ain’t going with you.

YouTube is “just” a video-sharing site. They seem to be doing okay.

Flag Post

It’s because of people just like a lot of the posters in this thread that Firefly only lasted one season.

Flag Post

Excuse me but by closing something that allows users to show their creativity is not in any way awesome. All you are doing is showing the internet world that this site is really just about flash games. Thats it. Your excuse is horrible, your closing an opportunity for people to come to the site and share their artwork or sounds. In the end what are you getting out of it?
Personally I also don’t like how you are removing the tip jar. I put money into this site once, and that was it. Anyways-nothing is without being at least 20 kreds? Right? So if I have 10 kreds then it will sit in my profile-never being used. THE WAY I WANTED TO USE YOU IDIOTS REMOVED.
Thanks for being LESS AWESOME, you totally failed what you were trying to achieve.

Flag Post

rage…

Flag Post

yea u should get it back. i wanted to make a song.

Flag Post

dont remove it

keep it for 5 more months

Flag Post

So, given this, you’re saying that our music and art sucks and you don’t want it to polute your site? I’m just brushing off the sugar coating of “if it’s not awesome”. I know why you’re disabling the collabs. You’re running out of bandwidth, and you need to clear room for things that don’t matter in our community, including tools that 1 in 600 of us will be able to use. Room mod features? Gee, thanks, that really helps under-appreciated that can’t find anywhere else on the web to put their content. In fact, if the collab section were to stay, wouldn’t we have more games due to collaboration? I know it sounds stupid, and maybe the content on the collabs section isn’t always the best, but look at other sites! What if Newgrounds or Youtube took down the right to upload flashes or videos? None of the actual creative minds would go there anymore! I’ll assure you that with the subtraction of the collabs comes the abandonment of about 1/6 of the users that dwell this site.

Oh, and inb4 my post getting removed and me getting banned for mentioning outside sites.

Flag Post
Originally posted by THISISACAT98:

Oh, and inb4 my post getting removed and me getting banned for mentioning outside sites.

You obviously haven’t even read the thread, as alternate hosts for your artwork (DeviantArt, Tumblr, and others) have been mentioned multiple times. Yes, even the administrators mentioned such sites.

Originally posted by rawismojo:

Sites like DeviantArt, SoundCloud, Newgrounds, etc all handle online art portfolios really well because that’s what those sites were designed for. Since we’re not really interested in hosting an art portfolio section (since it doesn’t make a ton of sense in the scope of the site as a whole), we’re ending the section entirely.

Flag Post

Oh, I’m sorry.