Forums Kongregate

[Tournament] The Road Not Taken (Semifinal) page 2 (locked)

77 posts

Flag Post

I have to pull out due to a broken hand and it’s really hard to play with the other hand. Good luck to everyone else.

Flag Post

I’m wishing luck for everybody in this tournament!! I’m really excited to participate in the next one =)

Flag Post

Is the game going to stay or not? :?

Flag Post

This game is awesome. I don’t understand how so far I’m the only one who has completed the game without dying so far though…

Flag Post

Anybody gonna update the scores, or are we all just waiting?
I mean, what about my other score? The one from a game that doesn’t have exploits?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

Anybody gonna update the scores, or are we all just waiting?
I mean, what about my other score? The one from a game that doesn’t have exploits?

Updated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

This game is awesome. I don’t understand how so far I’m the only one who has completed the game without dying so far though…

Laziness Blizzordon.

Flag Post

So many nubs here, y u worry about kills so much?! Also, my “highest” was a result of trying out the exploit in case the impossibru happened, i.e. hip accepting exploit runs. Not my last submission mind you- the highest score on this screenshot.

Flag Post

^I take it this is your first tournament?

My score. This game still needs to be changed.

Flag Post

I’m updating the main tournament spreadsheet right now, but…
When doing rankings for teams, I’m not sure what rank to put people in. Should I rank them by percentage of the lowest passing score for their team?
(Right now, I’m referring to JC’s three teams for his gun round, but I think there are others)

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSand:

I’m updating the main tournament spreadsheet right now, but…
When doing rankings for teams, I’m not sure what rank to put people in. Should I rank them by percentage of the lowest passing score for their team?
(Right now, I’m referring to JC’s three teams for his gun round, but I think there are others)

When I have more time, I might be able to help you figure that out.

Flag Post

I should clarify, I’m talking about the people who failed to make a team. Not the teams themselves. They can’t really be directly compared because they competed in different games.

Flag Post

I’d rank the two eliminatees from the Sierra 7 group first, followed by all those who got 30 in the gun group next equal, followed by the carnivorous turtle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I’d rank the two eliminatees from the Sierra 7 group first, followed by all those who got 30 in the gun group next equal, followed by the carnivorous turtle.

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. I had the best non-passing scores in Sierra (perfect gun run, ~67k long range (and a ~77k I didn’t post because I couldn’t get the 80k I needed), but switched to Gun Game. The non-passing scores in Gun Game were technically equal to the passing scores.

The ranks in that round should be as follows: (1) Gun Game participants with perfect scores, further subdivided/ranked by their best performances in the other two games before switching; (2) Gun Game participants with perfect scores that didn’t post in the other games; (3) remaining scores of any kind.

Alternatively, the Gun Game participants with perfect scores should rank as ties (since they were technically tied with players that advanced), followed by all remaining scores of any kind in any category.

And since it might be confusing, ranks in my tournament were based on the round in which the participant was eliminated, and performance in that round. If a player lost in the round of 64, but had the highest score among eliminated players, he would finish #33. If a player lost in the round of 32, and had the second highest score among eliminated players in that round, he would finish #18. If a player was eliminated in the Round of 16, but didn’t post a score he would finish #16 (or #15 if two people didn’t post scores, etc.). And so on.

Flag Post

Well shit. If the retro group wants a game change, I’ll do it with a 3/5 vote.

Otherwise, we’ll use the 350 min kills rule.

Flag Post

I hate to say it, because the game is awesome, but there should be a game change.
I’ll contact the dev, though, and if he fixes it, I’ll remove this vote.

Also, if there’s no game change, I think a max of 330 kills should be allowed.

edit: Dev contacted. He seems to have fixed the bug I reported to him two days ago, so this might be fixed.

Flag Post

Aww, why do I have to be last? :(

Flag Post

I’m all pumped up to participate in the next one!! When is it starting?

Flag Post

When the next round of this tourney starts, I’ll start my tourney. Assuming there’s no extension and no delay between the end of this round and the start of the next round, it’ll be up in two days. It’ll probably end up being more like 5, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Assuming there’s no extension and no delay between the end of this round and the start of the next round

hahahaohwaityouwereserious. :(

Flag Post

I’m fine with the game, the importance of kills is somewhat extreme but like Blizz said, under 330 should be perfectly fine. Also, you’ll see that none of my scores are in the highscore board at all, even though I have the best >:I, but I made a video of my last submission’s death screen showing a fully functioning game screen, time, etc. If you need that let me know and I’ll link to it. But yeah, I vote for the game to stay with under 330 kills counting, no extension.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

No.

Well, you’re probably right. But I think the best thing to do is ask ourselves: what would JC do?

Flag Post

I’m going to abstain from voting. I haven’t played this game a whole lot and I don’t expect to beat those scores, so I don’t feel right about voting to remove it. However, this does not mean I want it to stay either.

Flag Post

I’ll vote for this game staying, as long as Blizz can get the dev to patch the final boss minions.
EDIT: And the hitting the invulnerable boss exploit

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

No.

Well, you’re probably right. But I think the best thing to do is ask ourselves: what would JC do?

Did someone call me? :-)

As there really is no unanimously accepted way you can decide an order in these kind of rounds, it’s a safe bet to just rank players based on scores in the previous round.