Forums Kongregate

[New] Split test on the game page (locked)

110 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys— As part of our desire to make Kongregate superbly excellent, the product team has come up with a new way of organizing the content on the game page… you know, all that stuff that’s below the window where you play games and chat.

The changes at this point are primarily aesthetic, but one of the main goals was to make the page more modular and flexible. For instance, at some point we’ll probably try out showing different content to people who are new to Kongregate (hi hi hi welcome!!!!) or who are new to a particular game (how2pwn) than we show to very invested users. For now, though, we’re just going to be showing a reorganized version of the stuff everybody is used to.

Of course, we’re starting with a split test— half of people will see the same game page, half will see the sleek new version— and we’ll see how that affects how people use the page. Personally, I think it looks great! And I hope you-all agree. :-)

Flag Post

Unless it hasn’t been updated yet, I see the old stuff. :(

So sad.

Flag Post

It seems I’m not included in the split test. Please post screenshots, guys, I’m curious to see how the new layout looks like.

Flag Post

Yep, I want to see this.

Flag Post

Likewise, I’m still getting the regular layout. This is something I’m really curious about seeing some screenshots of too.

Flag Post

I couldn’t even tell the difference, btw I’m pretty sure I have the regular one too

Flag Post

I have the regular one too. D:

EDIT: All of my alts have the regular one too.

Flag Post

i would like to see this also.

Flag Post

I have the new page and personally think that it is better. Everything seems more in place and just nicer to look at.

Flag Post

I got it!

Flag Post

It does look more modern! Keep us updated ^.^

Flag Post

I am always on the change side of split tests. Either the admins hate me, or they highly value my opinion.

Or I get it could be random

Either way, I feel kind of indifferent to the change at the moment. It’s not a step backwards, just feels like a step sideways.

Flag Post

I feel like I fits in with the overall Kong layout that was updated sometime ago. I like it.

Originally posted by MadJedi:

It does look more modern!

This as well.

Flag Post

While I don’t often spend much time below the game window in that area, it does look like a rather pleasant change. Might take some getting used to, but I can’t really complain about it from what I see.

Flag Post

It look good, the favorite and flag game buttons seem a little close together though, especially with my less than accurate mouse clicking. (judging from uuu2’s screenshot)

Flag Post

Well, I would say that I have one suggestion.

Could you flip the positions of the comments and badges? Comments just feels more natural being on the left, and badges feel more natural being on the right. I see no reason to swap positions.

Forgive my terrible editing :P

Flag Post

Dang it, I’m not part of it. It looks awesome.

Flag Post

Yay. I got it. :3

Flag Post

I have not looked at anything on this topic besides this thread so forgive me if this post is somehow incorrect as to what is being discussed here. With that being said, I was always curious why the Achievements Tab had different and more specific information on the badges than what was below the game screen. Usually if a person had trouble understanding a prerequisite to a badge (mostly the difficulty setting or the correct mode to play in) I would point them towards the Achievements Tab and that would normally help them understand what needed to be done. But, I never understood why the directions to a badge were split between two sections. Some people obviously don’t really know and/or think the Achievements Tab has clearer instructions. In some cases it is the same directions but other times vastly different.

Flag Post

@Bobby, I assume they are following one of the eye patterns (F/Z pattern or something?) So they might get more conversions for ads (! important), GameSpot lights (! important), other game links, badges, etc.

Flag Post

Not in it, not surprised, I never get into things like this early.

Flag Post

I fully agree with the whole, “Move the comments to the left” idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Unless it hasn’t been updated yet, I see the old stuff. :(

So sad.

I am with you there, I still have the old layout lol.

Flag Post

I thought that was for the actual game page! (If you click “Game”) This is truly terrible! I know my damn opinion dosn’t matter, you will change it anyways, but COME ON! I’m getting truly tired of these updates! If another comes along, (only if it is a shit update, if not, I will probably stay.) I really like the community and all of my friends here, but this site has truly upset me several times in 2011/2012.

You will probably reply to this message, but not actually change any plans,
Applehead

Flag Post

Well…it looks very modern if thats supposed to be a good thing.. But I support the “Move the comments to the left” It would just seem more natural that way.