Forums Kongregate

SamsterSamster Ego Inflation

15 posts

Flag Post

SamsterSamster

Your first day on Kongregate. Were you bored? How did you decide on your username, and what was the first game you played?

I certainly wasn’t bored! I remember going through all the puzzle games, clicking them and hoping they had badges. This was a time where (believe it or not) you could not sort badges by category which certainly helps a lot. As soon as I got a badge, I was hooked. My username was pretty simple, my nickname in real life is Samster, I tried that and it was already taken so I just stuck another one on the end! The first game I played was Wooden Path. Certainly not the best game I’ve played but it wasn’t bad ^ _ ^

Obviously, you are not SamsterSamster in real life (or maybe your name is Sam? O_o). Do you mind if I ask what your alter ego is, and where you live?

I live pretty much in the middle of England, I go to school, I hang out with my friends, I exist. What more can I say?

What are your favorite games? Why are they your favorites? Do you like a specific genre of game, does any aspect draw you to a game more than others?

Wow, this is a tough one. I have nearly 600 on my profile so I find it tough to whittle most of them down. My favourite games are definitely puzzle games such as the Red Removers and Cover Oranges but I like most kinds of games; the Papa’s games (bring it on haters), The End, The Last Stand: Union City, Platform Racing 2, Stick Arena etc. but, bring on (pretty much) any game!

What kind of role do you see for yourself on Kongregate? What would you consider your biggest accomplishment(s) here, and talk about some of your history on the site.

I definitely was a big gamer, but now not so much. I don’t know what happened but badge hunting just doesn’t do that much for me anymore. I like to chat depending on who I see in the chat (I’m a bit anti-social like that). However, I like hanging out in the Kongregate and Forum Game forums and often make games over there (you should totally check them out). My biggest accomplishments HAVE to be getting all the badges and becoming the youngest level 65 ever! I’ve been visiting nearly every day since I signed up. :D

Do you socialize much on Kongregate? How do you like the chat rooms and forums? Any friends on here you want to give a shout-out?

As I said before, I only tend to chat with people I know (sorry n00bs) and if you want to get in my good books (so I chat to you), don’t use l33t speak or generally be an idiot. I like the chat rooms and forums, they are pretty original and certainly help to keep my attention on Kongregate. I would love to give my friends a shout-out but there’s simply too many to list (sorry), that’s just what Kongregate does, you make loads of friends!

What game on Kongregate comes to mind for a story you enjoyed, or a story you would like to see on a Kongregate game?

Legend of Kalevela had a great story. I think that was one of the great things about it but don’t get me wrong, the gameplay was great too. I’d love to see a game that had like a Grand Theft Auto storyline (and gameplay) but with zombies… and robots too.

Kong Ant vs. Kongbot. Who would win?

Kong Ant. Ants can carry 100 times their body weight, he’d just pick up Kongbot and throw him on the ground.

Have you played any of the top monthly games? Any opinions on these games or those you feel are left off the list?

I’ve played: Icy Gifts 2 – yeah, it’s a sequel but I enjoyed playing it for half an hour, Stick War 2 – good, very good, Earn to Die 2012 – once again another half an hour/hour timewaster but not bad, Effing Worms – Xmas – wow, a lot of sequels this month, Symbiosis – a fantastic game, one of my favourite Kongregate games for a while! and Snail Bob 3 and Notebook Wars 3 – MOAR SEQUELS D:

Design a badge (or badges) for games on Kongregate, or for yourself in real life.

Definitely design badges for Kongregate. That’d be something I’d do free.

If you were an admin (of any department), what would you change/add/remove on Kongregate?

I would add another badge maker – Precarious. He has the best suggestions evar and is a really nice guy :D

Which game on Kongregate has your favorite music, or what music do you listen to while gaming on Kong?

To be honest, I don’t tend to listen to game music, the one that comes to mind is Pwong 2! I usually stick on Green Day, Coldplay or The Killers when I’m on Kongregate – also, these two songs are amazing. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6A-Wu6-B4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuK1q1SsigU)

What celebrity or person from your own life would you not be surprised plays games on Kongregate?

Benedict Cumberbatch (the British Sherlock) must play Bela Kovacs and other puzzle games.

THE OFFICIAL SamsterSamster QUESTION
What is the first life experience you can remember?

Climbing under my dining table and trying to make it into a fort. I was a cooooooool child.

You are an EPIC level 65 rockstar on Kongregate, do you take your gaming talents to the PC or console as well?

I’m not big on PC gaming (outside of Kongregate), I mean, I have Steam but don’t tend to play games through it often. I prefer console gaming such as with my beautiful Xbox 360 and to a lesser extent, my Nintendo Wii.

What kind of games do you like, and does it differ from the type you may like on Kongregate?

My favourite types of games are definitely puzzlers and platformers however, I really enjoy shooters on my Xbox 360 and I’m not sure why as I don’t tend to be too keen on them on Kongregate. Black Ops and Left 4 Dead are two of my favourite games but I also like games such as Portal.

What was your biggest achievement relating to gaming?

My biggest gaming achievement? Well, there’s two: getting all the badges on Kongregate and just last night, I reached prestige 15, level 50 on Black Ops (legit :P)

You really are quite a gamer! Do you have any favorite TV shows you like to watch when you aren’t gaming?

I like most of kinds of shows! My favourite are probably crime shows such as Criminal Minds, CSI: NY etc. but more of my favourites are A Gifted Man, Torchwood, Family Guy, American Dad, The Office (US), Sherlock and loads, loads more. I also really like game shows as they are my guilty pleasure and I love this guy’s youtube channel.

What has been your best experience in your whole life?

Would it be really sad if I said something Kongregate-related? Ok then, probably partying with my friends on my 15th birthday :D (I totally didn’t end up puking up on a couch)

What is the one thing you would like to have the most for Christmas?

The complete Numb3rs and/or Scrubs DVD boxset. I’m not kidding, I’m boring like that :P :L

Are you planning on giving anybody gifts this December?

Yup, obviously my family and a few of my best friends will be getting some too!

What are your thoughts on the Nostradamus/Gangnam Style doomsday prediction? Is it just a really huge coincidence, or will Gangnam Style mark the end of our lives?

Clearly a huge coincidence. However, if it is the way we will die, it’s one hell of a way to go!

Thanks for the interview!

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

my Nintendo Wii.

Hollaaaaaaaaa

Great interview!

Flag Post

wow 600 on your pro, dang someone’s addicted hehe jk anyhow another great interview!

Flag Post

Freat interview as always, keep it up man!

Flag Post

Thank you everyone for your continued support! A lot more interviews coming soon.

Flag Post

interview me

Flag Post
Originally posted by ajx30009:

interview me

Sure! Just post here to be added to the waiting list. I look forward to interviewing you :)

Flag Post

Great interview ePro and SamsterSamster!

SamsterSamster

The complete Numb3rs and/or Scrubs DVD boxset. I’m not kidding, I’m boring like that :P :L

idk much about Numb3rs, but I like Scrubs. My favorite episode is My Screw Up.

I AM THE KING OF GAY CHICKEN!!!

(What is yours, or why do you like these two shows so much?)

Flag Post

LOOOOOL! That clip made me laugh so hard xD!

Flag Post

SamsterSamster

What are your favorite games? Why are they your favorites? Do you like a specific genre of game, does any aspect draw you to a game more than others?

…but I like most kinds of games; the Papa’s games (bring it on haters)…

Wait what?

RABBLERABBLEWHYDOYOULIKEPAPAGAMESTHEYARESHITRABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLEIHATEYOUIHATEYOUFUCKRABBLERABBLEGETCOALFORCHRISTMASRABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLEYOURINTERVIEWISSHITRABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE

No but seriously, great interview as always. Nice to see such an epic person’s interview TBH. :) Although I’m depressed that all cool people I know like Papa’s games… Does that mean I’m not cool? :,(

Flag Post

Although I’m depressed that all cool people I know like Papa’s games… Does that mean I’m not cool?

What about me?

Great interview.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

SamsterSamster

To be honest, I’ve only seen the first series of both shows, hence why I am getting the boxsets :L

Flag Post

Lol, your favorite moment in life. xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

SamsterSamster

To be honest, I’ve only seen the first series of both shows, hence why I am getting the boxsets :L

Ooops! I hope Santa Claus or Michael Scott bring them for you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Although I’m depressed that all cool people I know like Papa’s games… Does that mean I’m not cool?

What about me?

Great interview.

Oh yeah. Now I’m feeling a lot better :P