Forums Kongregate

Quite possibly one of the best things ever

18 posts

Flag Post

Escape the Red Giant badges? HELL YES ESCAPE THE RED GIANT BADGES!
It’s only a few years late, but it’s here!

Flag Post

This so much. :D

Flag Post

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. No this is bad

Flag Post

Fun, I got the hard badge immediately after loading the page, but not the easy and medium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Fun, I got the hard badge immediately after loading the page, but not the easy and medium.

Likewise here. Ah the wonders of playing a tournament game when the only stat in the API was the score.

Flag Post

This event is really, really cool :D

Flag Post

Someone mind giving hints?

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

I know, right? Those would be nice.
I just hold the up arrow. xD

Flag Post

Don’t have broken arrow keys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

I know, right? Those would be nice.
I just hold the up arrow. xD

Mainly focus on gaining speed/continuation of combos. Using arrow keys and not space helps me a ton. Brace for incoming planets with left/right directional keys, makes it easier in general.

Can’t really remember a whole lot since it’s been a while, but there are some pretty massive point-bearing tricks that can help scores.

Thanks for revisiting older games and badging them, gregismojo. It’s…really nice. I hope this continues in the style of the treasure hunt we had a while back.

Flag Post

I’m so excited. A game I actually want to get the badges for again!

Flag Post

I am a super noob at this game. As Wiggles, Blizz, MNIN, Woon, and everyone else knows… It took me hours upon hours to get the score of 1,040,000

Flag Post

I thumbs down this thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by knio:

Mainly focus on gaining speed/continuation of combos. Using arrow keys and not space helps me a ton. Brace for incoming planets with left/right directional keys, makes it easier in general.

Can’t really remember a whole lot since it’s been a while, but there are some pretty massive point-bearing tricks that can help scores.

Mind re-playing the game so you refresh your memory on what those things are and post it here?

The hardest part is guessing which was to press, left or right when you more or less in the center of the planet. Is there an alternate thing you can do and still keep your combo? (If you are not moving fast enought to smash it.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by askon:
Originally posted by knio:

Mind re-playing the game so you refresh your memory on what those things are and post it here?

The hardest part is guessing which was to press, left or right when you more or less in the center of the planet. Is there an alternate thing you can do and still keep your combo? (If you are not moving fast enought to smash it.)

Hmm, hmm. I would mostly recommend thinking of the left direction as counter-clockwise and right being clockwise. If you can time it right, this will do away with crashing altogether, allowing you to string combos and continue building speed. This game always reminds me of Dolphin Olympics 2 in some ways.

The perfect landing/reaction landing ratings provide nice point bonuses, as does the trick for crushing many objects and being close to the sun for a long period of time.

Anyhow, if you’re not moving fast enough to smash something and you’re going to end up in the middle, you’re best off to pick some direction, go as far as you can in it (feasibly, so as not to lose the combo) and launch off. Hope for the best. This won’t always work, especially in later game situations, but is entirely possible as a solution when aiming for a million points. Several separate chains are never better than one gigantic one. Speed coupled with precision will get you to high areas and help you out with additional score multipliers.

Flag Post

Escape The Red Giant is a seriously epic game. It even seems ideal for tournaments!
*nudges Blizzard*

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

Escape The Red Giant is a seriously epic game. It even seems ideal for tournaments!
*nudges Blizzard*

OMG You’re totally right, let’s suggest the most over-used tournament game to be used in ANOTHER tournament. What a brilliant idea! I don’t even compete in tournaments anymore and the thought of it being used again is utterly repulsive to me.

Flag Post

I apologize, I had no idea it had been used in previous tourneys. *mindkfuc*