Forums Kongregate

Apocalypse Nao! (Winners announced...finally!)

396 posts

Flag Post

So it’s that time of the long calendar and the end of the world is upon us. Games long-thought to be dead are now rising up and getting badges. You can now reap the benefit of this undead menace by playing some awesome games and earn a shot at some sweet prizes.

This skinny:
Each week day, from today until January 4th, we’ll be adding badges to an older game that somehow missed its shot at getting badges the first time around. That’s 11 older games with new badges over the next two weeks! In addition to the sweet sweet badges, each game will have a point challenge on it for 3 days starting the day it was badged. Each time you complete the challenge (which will be the same as the easiest badge on the game), you’ll be entered in a raffle for some awesome prizes. So if you keep up with the event, you’ll have 11 entries in the drawing (not to mention a ton of badges and points)!

Check out the official Apocalypse Nao! page for more information, along with a list of as a daily-updated list of all the games included in the event.

Flag Post

I approve.

Flag Post

So are you gonna destroy the world if enough people complete the challenges?

Flag Post

Just like buried treasure week from a while back, except with better games :D

Flag Post

This promotion is amazingly awesometastic. <3

Flag Post

And no twinkies. WE ARE ****ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Yes! Time to (attempt to) win a Kongregate t-shirt.
Very awesome, guys.

Flag Post

Hint for tomorrow’s game? :P
Also: This makes me love you again, Kong.

Flag Post

That first game was quite possibly the worst game i ever played.

Flag Post

This is INCREDIBLE. So looking forward to this!

Also, I totes pre-badged Escape the Red Giant’s hard badge ;)

Flag Post

Those are really wonderful news !

Flag Post

I’m not sure how the hard badge is hard. I got over one million on my first try without even trying.

Flag Post

This is why badging tournament games is tricky. Most people who just pick up the game will have to practice a good deal to get anywhere near the hard badge. People who played the crap out of the game for a tournament already know how to extend combos, strategic things to aim for, etc. The earning statistics for the badges suggest it’s a decent spread in earnings between the three badges. You have to remember that most people on the site haven’t already pumped dozens of hours into the game.

Flag Post

People who played the crap out of the game for a tournament

HEY, I did not ask for this. D:<

The evil hosts forced it onto me.

Flag Post

I like where this is going.

Flag Post

Icycle better be a part of this!

Flag Post

not bad i guess.

Flag Post

Confusing: What exactly do we have to do for each game to get tickets? Get all badges?

Flag Post

Just the easy badge.

Flag Post

I’m DarkRainyKnight and I approve this thread.

Flag Post

What if someone would want something else instead of the T-shirt? Would they get points.

Flag Post

This is fantastic.

Flag Post

you all know i am doing this event :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wiggles96:

Psht you’re on every day, you already loved Kongregate. <3

Now get those badges/points!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wiggles96:

It doesn’t currently have badges and the name of the game contains at least one vowel.

I may have said too much…