Forums Kongregate

Apocalypse Nao! (Winners announced...finally!) page 10

396 posts

Flag Post

Without score’s requirement the badge should have been an easy. But I’m happy with that because I didn’t appreciate the concept.

Flag Post

It was okay for what it was going for. Badge didn’t trigger until several times through though.

Flag Post

I liked that I could play this game with my eyes closed. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by kadare:

Without score’s requirement the badge should have been an easy. But I’m happy with that because I didn’t appreciate the concept.

A few people have said this. Like raw said, if the game is borderline between 2 difficulties, it’s best to err on the side of more points. I don’t really think anyone will complain about receiving 10 more points then they feel they should have? :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

I’d apparently already played this game before, so I auto-earned the challenge and badge, but unlike the other games I’d played before, I don’t recall anything about this one. Might have to replay it if I get bored later.

This, exactly this. I wasn’t expecting to get the badges instantly upon loading it up, but I’ve apparently played through it and can’t remember a thing about it.

Flag Post

Also got the badge as soon as it loaded, and had forgotten it completely.

Then I tried it and remembered why I’d given it a 1 and deliberately removed it from my memory.

Flag Post

Musaic Box, cool… but it doesn’t load :/

Flag Post

Yep, we know it isn’t working. We’re working on it.

Edit: Ok, so the game will load now, but the API isn’t working. We’re working on fixing that now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

aww good i thought it was me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:

Edit: Ok, so the game will load now, but the API isn’t working. We’re working on fixing that now.

well that’s good to know because once again i thought it was my browser, keep up the good work admins.

Flag Post

Oh hey, I remember this one. A little pixel-hunty, but mostly fun.

Flag Post

apocalypse y u scared of coming

Flag Post

Ok, so with some magic wand-waving by our devs, this should be fixed now. Post if you’re having troubles earning the badges.

Flag Post

seems like we have to start over but o well.

Flag Post

Well, got the Dillo Hills hard and the Musaic Box Badges today.
Musaic Box is a great game, I remember playing it when it first came out. However, I ended up playing it during the API problems, then refreshed, and it didn’t save, so I had to play it twice. :P

And the Dillo Hills hard badge is really difficult, I think it should have been for a little less, but there hasn’t been a really difficult hard badge in a while, so it’s fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

Please, PLEASE make it Musaic Box.

Yayers.

Flag Post

Finally got Dillo Hills as well. Getting a decent Zone 9 is crucial, I really screwed up chaining on 10 and still finished with about 35k to spare.

Wasn’t that bad to me, but it was a bit on the harder side.

Flag Post

Musiac Box: The game so bad that the Kongregate staffer(s) couldn’t even muster up the effort to go back and fix the counter.

Seriously, it’s a fine example of how to pad out a game in the worst ways possible. The actual puzzles that I found challenging were the ones that were cheap (like the ones that gave you four or five pieces that looked exactly alike and played pieces that sounded alike); when they didn’t do that, they were easy to the point of being insulting.

Fortunately, they padded it out by making you find the puzzle pieces first with a search function that was VERY anal about where precisely you have to click. So instead of an insultingly easy puzzle game that at least had the redeeming factor of being short, we instead got an insultingly easy puzzle game that was a boring chore.

sigh I’m guessing the Kongregate staffer(s) got mesmerized by the graphics.

So far, this event is 2-7. Dillo Hills was good, and Icycle was passable. But everything else featured in this event was either incredibly boring or broken. If Kongregate ever does an event where they grant badges to old games again, they should really consider doing it by vote.

Flag Post

sigh I’m guessing the Kongregate staffer(s) got mesmerized by the graphics.

So far, this event is 2-7. Dillo Hills was good, and Icycle was passable. But everything else featured in this event was either incredibly boring or broken. If Kongregate ever does an event where they grant badges to old games again, they should really consider doing it by vote.

This… Dillo included

Flag Post

I think Antimatiere game was hands down the best game so far.

Flag Post

I’ll take the bad with the good and say I’ve quite enjoyed it so far.

Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Flag Post

I approve.

Also, surprising to see an Impossible.

Flag Post

Oh wow. This looks awesome.

A platformer with an impossible badge? Give me a while, I should be able to do this. Also already in love with the VVVVVV mechanic of being able to flip.

Flag Post

The music’s nice. Reminds me of Mega Man.

Flag Post

Oh sweet lord, there’s a new impossible badge. And this is why we don’t leave the badges to a vote. GregIsMojo may make some dodgy calls now and then, but I’d take their game suggestions over those of the “masses” any day most days.