Forums Kongregate

Apocalypse Nao! (Winners announced...finally!) page 14

396 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:
What are you doing? You had the perfect game to end the promotion yesterday, with an impossible badge. That was the big climax! The grande finale! Giving a game a single easy badge on the last day after that is so…anti-climactic…

Sorry, I thought giving a badge to one of the most highly-rated and mostly-played games on the site that everyone assumed would never get any badges whatsoever was a fitting and climatic end to the event.

Is that a… TYPO? Ohnoes! The divine powers had a typo!

Edit: Oh, by the way, I did get a pleasant surprise from the A:TG badge. But the crux of the matter is…
Does Tukkun want it?

Flag Post

This pretty much answers that:

Originally posted by rawismojo:

Yep, Tukkun and I talked about it a good deal before finalizing on this badge. I wouldn’t have badged the game if Tukkun didn’t want it to have badges.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:
Originally posted by ivod:

Raw/greg; I have to say, of all 3 years I’ve been on kong, this was the best event I’ve seen on this site. Reviving old (good) games (most of them arcade); a lot of badges, no multiplayer (pay to win) game badges for a few weeks, and awesome prizes. Thank you for this!

This. I very much enjoyed this event, and would love to see something like it again.

They’ve done something like it before, I think. Except it was only like a week long instead of two. I don’t remember when it was, but JumpCat was one of the badged games.

Flag Post

They did the “Buried Treasure Week”, which was just an awesome week, holy moley.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hokage4354:

They did the “Buried Treasure Week”, which was just an awesome week, holy moley.

Holy moley that was over 4 years ago…

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:
Originally posted by Hokage4354:

Holy moley that was over 4 years ago…

Time flies, I also remember that week of badges. I guess it’s just a matter of waiting until 2017 for the next week of just old games to get badges now.

Flag Post

Oh yeah, I remember that. Dog Eat Dog and whatnot.

There was also that 2x points event not too long ago.

Flag Post
Originally posted by knio:

Oh yeah, I remember that. Dog Eat Dog and whatnot.

There was also that 2x points event not too long ago.

That might have been december 2 years ago, I remember because I was away and couldn’t get that double points mechanical commando imp :(

edit: Oh right, you must be referring to when Snakes on a cartesian plane and those games got badges.

Flag Post

Yes. Snakes on a Cartesian Plane, that one Papa’s game, etc.

Completely forgot about Mechanical Commando. Didn’t get that imp in the amount of time given.

Finally finished Vertigo: Gravity Llama. Just took a while longer than I expected.

Flag Post

There was also Epic week.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

What was that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkRainyKnight:

What was that?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/56552

I think the epic week was more well done than this one (the games they badged were better IMO). Games like Ultimate Crab Battle and that dinosaur game were awesome. Seed of Destruction was pretty hard for me, though.

Flag Post

Eh, the event went out with a whimper imo. Anti-Idle was a literal joke, but with just an easy badge there’s not much to complain about. Vertigo was just…bad. Impossible badges shouldn’t be put on games where the difficulty comes from terrible controls and inconsistent clipping.

Flag Post
Eh, the event went out with a whimper imo. Anti-Idle was a literal joke.

To you maybe, but to the many people who love this game it would be a nice surprise, if they aren’t greedy for more

Vertigo was just…bad. Impossible badges shouldn’t be put on games where the difficulty comes from terrible controls and inconsistent clipping.

The controls are fine for me, and the difficulty is still there.

Flag Post

hai guys i played the games to get apopaclptse nao badge but i forgot and didnt play all the days on time can i still win the tshirt? tell me how i know if i win because i need a new tshirt for school and the kongregate tshirt is so cool ok thx

Flag Post

Each challenge was 1 entry. As long as you completed at least 1, you have a chance to win!

Flag Post

So that’s it I suppose. Rating it on a yeah-meh-bleh basis, I’m calling it 5-5-1, the only truly undeserving game being Take a Walk. Some of the meh games were deserving (Boomshine, Musaic Box, Anti Idle) due to their rating, and the other two (Farm of Souls & Pandora) were OK too I suppose, but I think Pandora could have been badged later as a ‘new’ game (it’s only a few months old after all). Overall it was pretty good, especially the timing since this is normally a quiet time of year for badges.

There’s still a mountain of great older games out there (with working api), I’d like to see them badged on a more regular basis.

Flag Post
Vertigo was just…bad. Impossible badges shouldn’t be put on games where the difficulty comes from terrible controls and inconsistent clipping.

The controls are fine for me, and the difficulty is still there.

Same here. I found no issue with the controls, and din’t have any trouble with inconsistent clipping.

Flag Post

I think the event was well done, over all, barring a hiccup here or there. But, these events shouldn’t really be necessary. I’m not saying Greg and raw aren’t capable, they definitely are. But it’s (just) two of them and they have other things on their plates as well. I see two solutions to this “problem” (if you consider it one):

• Hire someone that is dedicated to just badging games. They have no other worries or responsibilities. Their entire job is to just badge games.
  • The flow of things now, I’ve gathered, is to figure out the badges during the week and to badge all the games on Friday. It’s fine and it works. It’s nice and predictable. Why not take 1 week per month and use it to badge older games? I don’t think that abstaining 1 week per month will put Greg and raw behind with badging the new games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

• Hire someone that is dedicated to just badging games.
  • I like it.

Flag Post
    • Hire someone that is dedicated to just badging games. They have no other worries or responsibilities. Their entire job is to just badge games.

This would be great, however I can’t see that job paying much or be a good move for kong to hire someone just to badge games, which is why greg and raw do other things. Although if this was some official unpaid position that would probably work.

Flag Post

I played anti-idle years ago… It has had way too many updates. The lack of simplicity kinda ruined the concept.

Flag Post

Yeah… AI is pretty complex. xD It took me a while just to get that easy badge.

This would be great, however I can’t see that job paying much or be a good move for kong to hire someone just to badge games, which is why greg and raw do other things. Although if this was some official unpaid position that would probably work.

It’s funny, I’ve always pictured it that that’s all that greg and raw do.
    I guess it makes sense that clever badge names and achievements are their primary responsibility but not their only one.

Flag Post
    I’ve always pictured it that that’s all that greg and raw do.

lol. i’m sure they also play some card games… O_o

in all jestness, maybe harness the power of the community. the community already provides badge suggestions, and a dead monkey couldn’t do any worse than greg or raw :P the apis could be exposed (to select users?) and the community could submit the badge scripts (whatever format they use, i’m sure it’s less than complicated)… possibly for kred rewards. the only thing the community can’t really do to the same level is partnering with devs when apis need work or to coordinate with game releases.

Flag Post

How do you know if you have won or not?? Is there a list of winners somewhere? Ive got all the required badges etc. I hope I just get a T-Shirt!!