Forums Kongregate

Apocalypse Nao! (Winners announced...finally!) page 4

396 posts

Flag Post

The badges are not being awarded.

Flag Post

I’ve finished the challenge and earned the easy badge successfully, hopefully everyone else on Kongregate is having the same luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyNameIsNothing:

I found a problem with the game which makes you able to earn the badge in >5 minutes.

So I went to level select, and skipped straight to level 5. Level 5 isn’t really a level since all you do is climb the stairs and step through the portal. All you have to do is beat level 5 and you get the badge. I don’t know if you were aware of this or not.

Yup, this works. And thank God too, I kept getting the baggage bug. I do like the game though, I’m glad it got badges.

Flag Post

Grrrr!

A unity game. Now I can’t finish the challenge because Unity is still not compatible with Ubuntu. Is there any alternative for us Linux gamers?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Loras:

Grrrr!

A unity game. Now I can’t finish the challenge because Unity is still not compatible with Ubuntu. Is there any alternative for us Linux gamers?

I doubt it. Perhaps you can use a friend’s computer?

Flag Post

Well, I have an old computer with windows on it. Ofcourse, it is not anywhere near me, because I’m having christmas on the other side of the country.

Flag Post

I like the idea of this. It gives games with great potential a few days in the spotlight.
I do however dislike the first game as for me it’s too hard and to be honest, boring.
I do like the second game as I’ve played it a long time ago, right when Kongregate only just started to support unity.
I must admit it is unfair however that unity games are in it as users (such as Loras) are unable to download unity and therefore are unable to achieve the badge.

All in all this is a great challenge. I look forward to seeing the next game.

Flag Post

Hooray, Icycle!

The hard badge could have been harder, but I’m happy that it got badges.

Flag Post

I do however dislike the first game as for me it’s too hard and to be honest, boring.

*flex my over-one-million-score-on-first-try muscle*

Flag Post

Hey! I used Icycle in my tourney. :D

Flag Post

Yes! I love Icycle <3 If anything, the hard badge may have been a little easy (I wasn’t expecting to prebadge with 22.5k) but other than that, great!

Flag Post

Icycle better be a part of this!

Yay for predictions! I agree that the hard badge should’ve been harder though, probably ~23.5k.

Flag Post

Yay for predictions! I agree that the hard badge should’ve been harder though, probably ~23.5k.

You tournament types (myself included, as I also got an insta-badge with 23k+) will always find these games from tournaments to be too easy, because you’ve played the game a million times. For most people, 22k is a reasonably challenging score!

Flag Post

I have to say I have never played the game before and still found it considerably easier than most hard badges. Basic first run to learn the game was an 18k, then got the badge with 23k the next time, but then got 24.7k after a third.

Flag Post

I like the idea of this; many underrated games need to be given the fame they deserve. I don’t like choosing Unity games though, it’s really laggy on my computer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IAmTheCandyman:

You tournament types (myself included, as I also got an insta-badge with 23k+) will always find these games from tournaments to be too easy, because you’ve played the game a million times. For most people, 22k is a reasonably challenging score!

Agreed. It’s easy to forget that all those hours of playing it in tournaments give you an advantage over everyone who has never played it.

I believe 22k is a fine hard badge. The course isn’t too difficult to remember, but still does require some good reaction times. I also got the badge instantly, but I remember it taking a couple hours of practice to get a 22k score.

Flag Post

Quietus would be nice.

Flag Post

Enjoying the badges thus far.

22k really didn’t take me that long (~30 min), but my favourite genre is platformers and similar, so that doesn’t surprise me at all.

Really looking forward to whatever gets badged next. :D

Flag Post

I feel that Exit Path needs to be the next game to be badged. It has API and a 4.08 rating.
Hunted Forever seems a good choice too, it also has API.
Dino Run: Marathon Of Doom, as well.

Flag Post

I feel that Exit Path needs to be the next game to be badged. It has API and a 4.08 rating

Yes.

Dino Run: Marathon Of Doom, as well.

Oh dear Lord, no.

60s to Save the Queen, maybe?

Quietus would be nice.

This too.

Flag Post

About the Unity games – not only Linux users are out now, many Windows users too.
Info here – http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/142411-Error-Launching-Unity-Player?p=1041839&amp;viewfull=1#post1041839

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

flex my over-one-million-score-on-first-try muscle

Teach me oh wise master!
gets on knees and bows

Flag Post

I have completed all challenges so far.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

I’m not sure how the hard badge is hard. I got over one million on my first try without even trying.

For me at least it was super hard. I started out at 4.30 pm and wasn’t finished until 12.30 am.

Flag Post

I got that hard badge just by ignoring everything else and getting combos. As a result, I got 700k+ points in the first combo, 300k+ in the second and then got the badge.