Forums Kongregate

Apocalypse Nao! (Winners announced...finally!) page 6

396 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:
Originally posted by MachuPichu:

Decent game but really quick, hopefully a longer game tomorrow?

Well if it’s a long game you want…

You’re reviving Caesary?

Flag Post

Too easy and kind of boring.

I guess this is part of having a bunch of badges planned though, you lean towards shorter badges, so I understand.

Flag Post

So. . . Did you already decide what games are being resurrected and when? Or is it worth offering suggestions?

Flag Post
Originally posted by poisonthewell:

i asked soybean to add kong api to his game “pieces” that would be a epic game to have in contest

agreed!

Flag Post

Too bad that Antimatiere can’t be played for many people (no mouse bug), so far for the Apocalypse Nao challenge….

Flag Post
Originally posted by rawismojo:
Originally posted by MachuPichu:

Decent game but really quick, hopefully a longer game tomorrow?

Well if it’s a long game you want…

Legend of Pandora? You weren’t kidding.

Flag Post

Legend of Pandora? Seems a little… recent.

Flag Post

Oh damn, this game looks promising. The low rating’s a bit fishy though.

Edit: Aw, they ripped off the monsters from LoZ too.

Flag Post

Hah, I knew this would be today’s game XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

I was thinking that too. I also don’t like how the API only updates upon saving.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

It is pretty recent. And it’s the most recent of all the games in the event (spoilers!) but it didn’t feel like we had to cut off a firm age where a game was eligible (would it be 3 months, 6 months, a year?). In the end, we felt like it met the requirements to be in the event in the way that it is an older game that probably wouldn’t get badges otherwise due to it getting passed over when it was more recent. We also wanted to get a nice rpg/adventure game in the mix so there was a good diversity in the games used in the event, and this one seemed to work well for that role.

Flag Post

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Good bye, Legend of Pandora.

Flag Post
We also wanted to get a nice rpg/adventure game in the mix so there was a good diversity in the games used in the event, and this one seemed to work well for that role.

But Epic Battle Fantasy?

(I realize there are reasons you might not want to badge that one. But it fits in with the theme better and is older while still being an RPG.)

Flag Post

So does this mean there is no Friday item challenge?

Flag Post
so there was a good diversity in the games used in the event, and this one seemed to work well for that role.

You know, point and click games would add a good diversity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
so there was a good diversity in the games used in the event, and this one seemed to work well for that role.

You know, point and click games would add a good diversity.

Hahah, the series gets its own tag, that’s great. :P

Flag Post

Edit: Aw, they ripped off the monsters from LoZ too.

And the portraits from RPGMaker.

Flag Post

Eh. It wants to be a good game and has all the mechanics of one, but it’s demolished by simple tuning. Enemies just take too darn long to kill. They’re not even hard, just tedious.

Flag Post

Good Lord that game just scared the crap out of me. I refreshed to check what percent of the game I was done… and there was no load game option at the start screen, only new game. Thankfully I realized that you start a “new game” under a previously saved file, but for a few seconds there, I was distraught thinking that I had lost all of my progress.

Flag Post

Enemies just take too darn long to kill. They’re not even hard, just tedious.

This exactly. The game is decent enough until you get to the point that even with a 20k gold sword, it still takes 15-20 hits to kill. I’ll get the hard badge sooner or later, but meh.

Flag Post

Crappy game is crappy. Got to the graveyard, got poisoned, went to checkpoint with about 14 health, teleported to town and now I don’t have enough health to make it to the shop to buy an antidote or a health potion, practically meaning I’d have to start from the beginning. Screw this shit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Crappy game is crappy. Got to the graveyard, got poisoned, went to checkpoint with about 14 health, teleported to town and now I don’t have enough health to make it to the shop to buy an antidote or a health potion, practically meaning I’d have to start from the beginning. Screw this shit.

Ouch… :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Damn that’s super lame. I quite enjoyed the game but having that happen especially after a couple of hours into it would be super frustrating.

Flag Post

Well, thank god it happened only after about an hour, but still… really bad game design. Really bad.

Flag Post

legend of pandora is shit. this is the worst badged game ever. delete the badges or i will not earn those badges. period.