Forums Kongregate

Apocalypse Nao! (Winners announced...finally!) page 8

396 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tobzbeme:

What happened to todays badge? It still says its up for pandora which was fridays game.

It’s usually done around 3pm PST.

Flag Post

I just found a very fast route for Pandora, it’s just not ultra fast because you have to get the moving-rocks powerup for ONE tombstone that I couldn’t find how to skip.
Remember, to glitch into walls on a border just push against them so you get the bug where you go back and forth through the two screens.

You can use that glitch here to skip to the Mausoleum, which is only needed if you don’t care about the mediums.

The major skip is this: glitch here to get to the part above that (here ), then glitch here , get on and through the cave (when inside start going left, there’s the only tombstone you need to move that I can’t find how to skip), then on the Doom Island go here to skip the key quest, then just keep on going until you reach Pandora’s Cave, where you go here to beat the game (thanks 123).

Flag Post

There’s no challenge for today (Monday Dec 31st) ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mozai:

There’s no challenge for today (Monday Dec 31st) ?

Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Tobzbeme:

What happened to todays badge? It still says its up for pandora which was fridays game.

It’s usually done around 3pm PST.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lebossle:

I just found a very fast route for Pandora, it’s just not ultra fast because you have to get the moving-rocks powerup for ONE tombstone that I couldn’t find how to skip.
Remember, to glitch into walls on a border just push against them so you get the bug where you go back and forth through the two screens.

You can use that glitch here to skip to the Mausoleum, which is only needed if you don’t care about the mediums.

The major skip is this: glitch here to get to the part above that (here ), then glitch here , get on and through the cave (when inside start going left, there’s the only tombstone you need to move that I can’t find how to skip), then on the Doom Island go here to skip the key quest, then just keep on going until you reach Pandora’s Cave, where you go here to beat the game (thanks 123).

Nice. That’s pretty mind-blowing how you just destroyed the game. XD

Flag Post

Can’t wait until today’s quest. Pandora taunts me with 4 badges I have no desire to earn…

You really learn to appreciate how well Nintendo perfected their formula when you experience a game that so wants to be it but falls short in the most basic technical areas.

Flag Post

These types of games often have basic mechanics done really well, but hideous balance. It makes me wonder how many developers bother playing their games with the debug settings off.

Flag Post

Dillo Hills? Interesting…

Flag Post

I remember playing this game when it was new, I’m glad it finally got badges.

Flag Post

This game is actually awesome. I thought it would be another boring, grindy launcher that for some reason got rated lower than others so got skipped when it came out.

Flag Post

I’m confused: stomping on birds is easier than reaching level 5?

Flag Post

This game is very good. Someone should use it in a tournament.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

This game is very good. Someone should use it in a tournament.

Taking note…

Yes, yes, it is.

Flag Post

game is not bad seems as if it’s more for younger players.

Flag Post

First impression: Yay, Tiny Wings with a few changes and upgrades.

Final impression: Somehow downgrading the graphics causes me to spin into terrain. Good execution, nice touches with the differences. Got to level 5 with one upgrade, definitely not a hard medium badge. Not much else to say. Not incredibly difficult and different enough that it’s unique in its own ways.

Flag Post

This game is a total ripoff of Tiny Wings.
By the way, Hard Badge name… “Learned” To Fly? Who is responsible for this poor use of English? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by y0ttabyte:

By the way, Hard Badge name… “Learned” To Fly? Who is responsible for this poor use of English? :P

"Learned to fly" makes perfect sense to me, since these are non-flying animals who have learned how to fly, and it's a play on the game "Learn to Fly."

Flag Post

Am I playing Tyrone in this game?

Flag Post

Except the correct word to use is “Learnt”…

Flag Post

Depends on context and tense in which you’re speaking, but for the most part they’re both accepted.

Flag Post

In American English, learned is the past-tense form of the verb to learn. Learnt is sometimes used for this purpose in other varieties of English, though learned is the more common form everywhere.

Flag Post

I could have sworn the medium badge was 1500 crystals…

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

It was at first, but apparently something was going awry with the badge, so it was changed. it doesn’t really matter, since both are reasonable medium badges, and both are required to get the hard in the end.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

The crystal stat didn’t report reliably.

Flag Post

lol hacking fail