Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Purchase Funorb Games?

33 posts

Flag Post

I know a lot of people have heard about Runescape, or atleast my generation went through a big Runescape phase. But what about Funorb?

www.funorb.com is a soon to be dead website that is dead because the owners of the website haven’t updated since back in 2010. But there are still people who like the games on their (mainly the top 10 one listed on the homepage), and would hate to see their favorite games like Arcanists, AoG, Miner Disturbance, etc. die off permanently because the owners of the website have been slacking.

So my and many others cry for help is please don’t let the games die. They are excellent games with nearly limitless amounts time that can be poured into them. If Kongregate can do anything to help everyone that likes funorb would really appreciate it.

Many people are still willing to pay a membership fee for exclusive content.

The company that currently own the website is Jagex. The same company that recently released the game “Ace of Spades” on “Steam”, and owns “Runescape”.

Anyone who finds this thread, please bump it up! Don’t let the games die! :’(

Flag Post

I forgot to post this a second ago… Here is a weblink to the Funorb Forums which is trying to keep the games alive.

http://services.funorb.com/m=forum_fo/forums.ws?7,8,240,110544

Flag Post

I agree completely.

I don’t want to lose arcanists.

If kongregate can do anything, I would be grateful.

I support this thread.

Flag Post

You should probably post things related to external gaming sites here.
But I totally agree, RuneScape among other Funorb games don’t deserve to die.

Flag Post

Here is link to the repost in the recomended section of the forums:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/317343-kongregate-purchase-funorb-games

Please continue posts on the new thread.

Sorry for post in the wrong section, i’ve never posted anything on Kongregate Forums before. :P

Flag Post

I don’t get how Kong buying FunOrb’s gonna do anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aushrekal:

Here is link to the repost in the recomended section of the forums:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/317343-kongregate-purchase-funorb-games

Please continue posts on the new thread.

Sorry for post in the wrong section, i’ve never posted anything on Kongregate Forums before. :P

No worries, now you know! <3
inb4thisthreadgetslocked

Flag Post

If they buy the rights than Kongregate can save the games!

Flag Post

Are those games exclusive to that site? If not, then buying the site really has no bearing. The issue is whether Kongregate would consider it worth the hassle/manpower/other resources to acquire and continue to administer games that are past their prime. They’ve already made site reductions partially because their administrative resources were spread too thin.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Are those games exclusive to that site? If not, then buying the site really has no bearing. The issue is whether Kongregate would consider it worth the hassle/manpower/other resources to acquire and continue to administer games that are past their prime. They’ve already made site reductions partially because their administrative resources were spread too thin.

As a matter of fact, they are exclusive to that site—and they were kick-ass games as well. Some of the best ones I have ever played.

Originally posted by CowFriend:

If it is under new management, new developers will be brought in, and new games will be made

Flag Post

Kongregate doesn’t really have much of a game developer department. They only recently started back in on developing in-house again by hiring jmtb02, so I doubt they have the staff on hand required to administer multiple games.

Flag Post

Kongregate doesn’t really have much of a game developer department. They only recently started back in on developing in-house again by hiring jmtb02, so I doubt they have the staff on hand required to administer multiple games.

Time for them to put up that “For Hire” sign in that case! :3
I’m sure Kongregate’s game developer department will expand. Everything expands eventually.

Flag Post

I think Kongregate’s doing just fine. :P The Collabs were removed because it’d take too much to “fix”, but that doesn’t mean Kongregate’s having trouble. (and that’s an entirely different discussion, haha)

Anyway, this seems like an appropriate section to post it in, Aushrekal. :)
After all, this does have to do with Kongregate (potentially), as well as a Funorb.

I think it sounds like an awesome idea, but obviously I can only speak for my own personal opinion and not the administration. Kongregate doesn’t have any membership fees (whoo!), but we do have Kong Plus for the people who do want to support the site. If Kongregate ever does make such a move, I’d highly recommend purchasing it. (it’s a cheap, annual fee)

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

As a matter of fact, they are exclusive to that site—and they were kick-ass games as well. Some of the best ones I have ever played.

Originally posted by CowFriend:

If it is under new management, new developers will be brought in, and new games will be made

Yeah their games were cool. New games would be cool also. That’s why I’m hoping someone will save the games.

Flag Post

I don’t know that the games would have to be administered as a lot of them are single player. And from what I understand now, is that Funorb got rid of their GM’s so they could moderate another part of the company’s games, or because they couldn’t support them anymore. Either way, not having any GM’s wouldn’t be any worse than what they currently have now.

Flag Post

I like Funorb. The question is, will enough people say they like Funorb to get Kong to think it is profitable?

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

I think Kongregate’s doing just fine. :P The Collabs were removed because it’d take too much to “fix”, but that doesn’t mean Kongregate’s having trouble. (and that’s an entirely different discussion, haha)

Anyway, this seems like an appropriate section to post it in, Aushrekal. :)
After all, this does have to do with Kongregate (potentially), as well as a Funorb.

I think it sounds like an awesome idea, but obviously I can only speak for my own personal opinion and not the administration. Kongregate doesn’t have any membership fees (whoo!), but we do have Kong Plus for the people who do want to support the site. If Kongregate ever does make such a move, I’d highly recommend purchasing it. (it’s a cheap, annual fee)

Thanks for the encouragement about where to post. As I said I’m new to the forum’s, so if I can I’ll see about keeping both threads running. Currently this thread is having more responses, but it’s only been a day…

They could possibly use that to make it so that as a payment method for getting access to the members benifits if the Funorb games were brought to Kongregate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by r2d2go:

I like Funorb. The question is, will enough people say they like Funorb to get Kong to think it is profitable?

Well I hope that Kongregate or really any company, will save the games. Funorb might die, but as long as the games don’t die that’s what really matters. We need everyone to help spread the word to save the Funorb games. If we get enough people to say that they like the games, hopefully someone will save them.

Flag Post

amazed RS has lasted over a decade, a once truly great browser mmo and also one of the first true online experiences of my life!

Flag Post

The same company that recently released the game “Ace of Spades” on “Steam”, and owns “Runescape”

Every time I see punctuation used like this, I literally die inside a little bit. There’s no need for quotes.

Flag Post

The question is whether or not Jagex is abandoning/selling Funorb (in which case Kongregate would be able to buy it).

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

The question is whether or not Jagex is abandoning/selling Funorb (in which case Kongregate would be able to buy it).

I wonder if it would be Gamestop’s decision or Kongregate’s.
Can a business owned by another business buy a business?
Bleh, I need to go to school so I know these things. It’s probably really simple.

Flag Post

My thoughts exactly.

Can a business owned by another business buy a business?

Yes.

Flag Post

This would be a great idea. I loved Arcanists and Kongregate would earn a giant market by buying the site. If they transitioned the games over they would earn themselves a large portion of the RS market.

Flag Post

The question is whether or not Jagex is selling Funorb (in which case Kongregate would be able to buy it).

Fixed.
There is no question about whether or not they abandoned it. The last time Jagex updated Funorb was September… of 2010.