Forums Kongregate

Private Room Helper Userscript (Passwords, Blacklists, Whitelists) page 3

82 posts

Flag Post

This sometimes happens with me as well, and I can’t seem to get whispers with this script installed.

Flag Post

The Force Load PM Script link is there intentionally. I haven’t updated the script to automatically load when the holodeck is ready. It just hopes that it is 1.5 seconds after the page is loaded.

@JKuang I’ve seen exactly once, but heard about it several times. I believe it conflicts with some other script which causes an overwrite of message listeners. Do you have any other scripts installed?

Flag Post

Just your all-in-one script for everything, full profile linker, framework, precise page titles, and challenge remover.

EDIT: Using Firefox 22, Windows 7 64bit

Flag Post

My whispers are broken as well, I went for weeks without noticing :3 Just have Kongregate One installed.

Flag Post

I might have found a race condition between the reply script (included in Kong-One) and PM helper.

//original
if(!CDa.prototype.showReceivedPM) //<<<<< compare
{
	CDa.prototype.showReceivedPMHelper = CDa.prototype.receivedPrivateMessage;
}

//updated
if(!CDa.prototype.showReceivedPMHelper) //<<<<<< changed
{
	CDa.prototype.showReceivedPMHelper = CDa.prototype.receivedPrivateMessage;
}

Simple typo. CDa.prototype.showReceivedPM was used by the reply script, so it was never executed if one happened to load before the other.

I also updated the script to use the same holodeck load check as KongOne, so it’s less likely to fail. If it does fail, it provides an option to manually force load the script.

You may need to uninstall the version currently installed. I got some weird “attempting to downgrade” message when just dragging and dropping on the existing one. No idea if that causes an issue or not.

As usual, the script can be found:
Download It on my site
Download It on UserScripts

Flag Post

Bump. Fixed script to work in GreaseMonkey and what not. If you had trouble with the last version, this fixes it.

Download It on my site
Download It on UserScripts

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:
Originally posted by 58mugruber:

Anyone know how to download this onto firefox?

First, you’ll need to install Greasemonkey and the script framework to make sure the addon functions. When this is done, you’ll be able to install the private room script by clicking one of the links in the first post. Just restart the browser after the install to enable the scripts.

your script frame work has malisous virues on it lol fyi …

Originally posted by MadJedi:
Originally posted by 58mugruber:

Anyone know how to download this onto firefox?

First, you’ll need to install Greasemonkey and the script framework to make sure the addon functions. When this is done, you’ll be able to install the private room script by clicking one of the links in the first post. Just restart the browser after the install to enable the scripts.

Flag Post

I do not have K+ yet, and I am only interested in purchasing K+, for the sole purpose of using this script in a private chat room. For this reason, I need to know if this script will work with the Opera browser. Does anyone know? And if so, could you please list the steps needed for me to accomplish this? (I do not know anything about scripts.)

I am currently using Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, Opera 12.16.

Thanks for any help.

Flag Post

I previously found out from someone that K+ does work in Opera. So I have now purchased K+, but I have yet to figure out how to make this script work in Opera. I created a User Script folder and copied the one script in there. And then allowed it in the Opera Content JavaScript Options. Basically, I followed the instructions here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3986/set-up-user-scripts-in-opera-browser/.

I do have a private room where I could invite people, but I do not have that Private Chat Rooms Expander Script. And I did restart my computer and I have also refreshed a game.

Am I missing something? Was I also supposed to also put the greasemonkey download in that User Script folder? (I do not want Firefox.)

I have limited computer knowledge and am writing here as I have no idea what to do now.

Thanks for any help.

Flag Post

" 4.1 First of all we must specify location for our scripts. Make a new folder where you want scripts to be located. For example: “c:\Program Files\Opera\jscripts”
4.2 Open Opera, and go to: “Tools → Preferences → Advanced → Content” and press “JavaScript Options”.
4.3 Here you will have “User JavaScript” field. Go on, press “Choose…” and point to your script folder from 4.1 "

I found this here. I am not sure if this is how you do it, but you could try.

Flag Post

I wish this was native.

Flag Post

Thanks for responding Little Star. That is pretty much what I did minus that I downloaded it to the folder before doing 4.3. (Just changed the order.)

However, I am confused about the “unpack” on 5. If the one listed at the start of this forum needs unpacking, I didn’t do it. Is that the case? And if so, how do I accomplish that? I don’t see anything about that when right clicking on the script.

Flag Post

The link I gave is for Better Kongregate. You don’t have to go to step 5 if you don’t want BK. I just thought step 4 (4.1, 4.2, 4.3) is the thing you have to do to install a script on Opera. Maybe this helps? I see that Opera runs Greasemonkey too, as Firefox. To install scripts I need Greasemonkey for Mozila Firefox, so maybe for Opera too? There is a video that might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWqeFf6v5R0 and here is Greasemonkey Emulation as in the video. Sorry I couldn’t really help, I don’t use Opera.

Flag Post

I got it but none of my friends are currently online to use it on. :( Looks like I’ll have to try it out later. Thanks for the neat script though.

Flag Post

I had multiple friends trying to help me get this script to work over the past week. Some worked quite hard. I would like to take this moment to thank them and Little Star for all their suggestions. Thanks! One knows that they really have friends when they try so much to help. :) I finally got it to finally work with the help of a computer programer. :) Yes, things should have worked much easier, but there must have been some computer command or something which blocked it from working, no matter which browser I tried.

I am posting the overall solution given in my situation, in case someone else finds as much difficulty with this script as I did.

Yes, for Opera one does need the greasemonkey emulation that Little Star listed (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/105153). Follow instructions (don’t bypass Browser Notes). And you do need the JavaScript Options setup, which instructions can be found either of these places (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3986/set-up-user-scripts-in-opera-browser/) or (http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/79213). My two scripts were placed in a folder on my desktop. But also, what worked in my case, was converting scripts to extensions. First, UserScript Converter was added, then Private Chat helper was able to be made as an extension. And voila, it worked. :) Good luck to all.

Flag Post

I love my private room minus one problem; entering my own room. I was wondering if I’m just missing some easy option. This problem arises when I refresh my computer or change/refresh games. The only way I know how to enter is to invite someone. But what if there is no one is showing as being online as as they have all been in my room for some time and not clicking on regular chat rooms. It is great if they’re still showing as then I can click invite and they never see any message as they’re already in there. My only other work around seems to be to keep that game page on, sign out on another page and sign in with an alt, then have that name bring up a game and my regular name invites them, since I have that alt listed under friend (then I still have to exit that 2nd game and sign out of that alt name and back in with my regular one). I have tried pming myself with my password, but it won’t let me in; I am the only one who can not enter my room via this simple easy password way. Is there another simple method which works that I have not thought of?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Flag Post

Invite yourself. It’s what I do.

Flag Post

Hi Adv0catus. How do I do that? The way I’ve been doing that is at the top of the chat page, it says “chat actions,” then I click “see friends online,” then there are friends listed, and to the right, under the room they’re listed in, it says “invite private.” But I’m not listed there. I’m guessing there must be another place to do that, right?

Flag Post

/invite J617

Flag Post

Thanks Adv0catus. It works great. :)

Flag Post

can you run it in chrome?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bl865ood:

Yes, you just need the framework installed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by bl865ood:

Yes, you just need the framework installed.

thanks

Flag Post

Hi, I’ve been using this script for some time and I LOVE it. It’s invaluable to me. But a recent Chrome update disabled it and says that it cannot be re-enabled unless it comes from the Chrome Web Store. I got Canary to run it that way, but that really changes the performance of the game I use most. I’d really like to keep using it in regular Chrome, are there any plans to add it to the Chrome Store? Or is there another way to re-enable it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by lizoverhiser:

Hi, I’ve been using this script for some time and I LOVE it. It’s invaluable to me. But a recent Chrome update disabled it and says that it cannot be re-enabled unless it comes from the Chrome Web Store. I got Canary to run it that way, but that really changes the performance of the game I use most. I’d really like to keep using it in regular Chrome, are there any plans to add it to the Chrome Store? Or is there another way to re-enable it?

I had the exact same issue earlier today. What you need to do is install Tampermonkey, then reinstall the script, found here. You can’t use the link in the OP because userscripts.org is not working. I linked to a mirror site of it for your conveniece.