Forums Kongregate

Kongregator of the Year - 2012 [Winners!] page 6

149 posts

Flag Post

Nothing too surprising.

Flag Post

So…some sections are 2012-only but 2008-entries were accepted in other sections. I’m glad I didn’t participate. We can see why this event didn’t happen last year: people knew inconsistency and/or bias would inevitably happen:/

Flag Post
Originally posted by KOTY2012:

As well, to honour the Collaboration section:

• Best Sound on Kongregate
  • Best Art on Kongregate
  • Best Artist on Kongregate (all-encompassing)

My intention with accepting non-2012 entries was because the Collabs section is being removed and I thought it’d be nice to honour the best-of that the section has produced. In regards to Adonis and his work being placed under the 2012 section. That was an honest mistake of mine because I didn’t check beforehand. Once it was pointed out to me (during the week of voting), I made the appropriate correction.

Originally posted by MadJedi:

So…some sections are 2012-only but 2008-entries were accepted in other sections. I’m glad I didn’t participate. We can see why this event didn’t happen last year: people knew inconsistency and/or bias would inevitably happen :/

Flag Post

You were reminded of this two times throughout the last month, so I don’t think that’s a valid justification, especially for such an important event. I know it’s too late to turn back, but I still want to state my disappointment.

Flag Post

I find that very hard to believe. I would never knowingly make such a mistake. I was trying to be as transparent and unbiased as possible. These awards have had a checkered past and I’ve done everything I’ve possibly could to move past that and restore people’s faith in the integrity and legitimacy of them.

Flag Post

Quick question: Why were none of my votes counted? In most categories it wouldn’t have made a difference, but I can see at least one where it would have either made a tie or broken one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Quick question: Why were none of my votes counted? In most categories it wouldn’t have made a difference, but I can see at least one where it would have either made a tie or broken one.

Oh no. :(
Do you remember your votes? I’ll add them in imemdiately!

Flag Post

gratz to all the winners.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Oh no. :(
Do you remember your votes? I’ll add them in imemdiately!

I’ll only say the ones where it would have mattered:

Developer: 2DArray
Artist: Es337

The rest of my votes were either already for the person who won, or they wouldn’t have become tied for a win, so I’ll leave them out.

Also, congratulations to everyone.

Flag Post

I’m so sorry, 123. It was absolutely not intentional. :(

This definitely hasn’t been handled perfectly. I know that and have made a lot of mental notes as to how to run it better next year. Thank-you everyone that participated in the voting. Thank-you to the nominees for being awesome enough to be nominated and congratulations to the winners!

I hope everyone can forgive me for the bad things that happened. :( and i hope that everyone would like for this to continue. This was a spur of the moment thing, so it wasn’t very well thought or planned out. Next year will be better, I promise! :D

Flag Post

Congratulations Blizzard and everybody/everything else that won! I look forward to another event like this at the end of the year.

Flag Post

The number of people who actually voted was a little depressing, but meh.
Congratulations guys! I remember when Hokage won KotY a while back.

Flag Post

lol. wow this has to be the longest living attention whore popularity contest ever. and it wasn’t on OT. gj OP. you made history. new low for kong

Flag Post

wtf u should have made threads about this so we could vote. i forgot about this like one day after u locked the thread lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

wtf u should have made threads about this so we could vote. i forgot about this like one day after u locked the thread lol.

Well, not all time because we should give users time to um… do their stuff lol.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The Labyrinth group prevails.

Flag Post

Rolby for Mod 2013 [OFF-TOPIC] (1): Rolby

So much lol.

Flag Post

The results are in! They can be found here.

Congrats to all winners, and thanks, guys, for voting me as your favorite admin. I’d like to thank my high school friend Tracy, for showing me Kongregate those many years ago. And also, I’d like to thank the Academy, but only because they told me to.

Flag Post

Kongrats to all winners!

Flag Post

thanks, guys, for voting me as your favorite admin.

Oy! I voted for this guy, not you. :)

Flag Post

I think one of the problems was lack of exposure. Nobody posted in this topic between the day the nominations ended and when voting ended, so I completely forgot about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Well, that’s why you didn’t get any extra points. :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by IAmTheCandyman:
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Well, that’s why you didn’t get any extra points. :3

Cman, did you… BRIBE?!! In the terms of politics, pork barrels? ;_;

(In that case, I should have voted in this thread, then…)