Forums Kongregate

Vertigo: Gravity Llama (Impossible Badge Discussion)

64 posts

Flag Post

I thought this was a really good game. I might have been the first legit to get the impossible badge but not sure. Here was my two videos of finishing it off with World 10 advanced and World 6 Death Free. A great game and a great challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOB8rIFh2co (World 10 Advanced)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssL-uDVBGpc (World 6 Death Free)

Flag Post

You. Are. Epic.

Flag Post

Thanks I went like 10 hours straight on this game I think it breaks my old record lol

Flag Post

Apparently some people (some people meaning ShawnerSSS) are having issues with some of the trophies. I’m not to that point yet, since I haven’t done the trophies he’s having problems with. The imps seems challenging enough, I think no deathing 6 worlds is gonna be hell for me, since I suck at no death runs. I will get this imp though, even if it’s the last thing I do! Also, world 10 advanced looks absolutely crazy…

Flag Post

I played this 2 years ago after discovering it from Danaroth’s profile. Too bad I couldn’t insta-earn the impossible as high-scores for trophies didn’t exist back then. The requirement for medals earned seems rather pointless as you easily get that many just by finishing all the worlds.

Overall I’m really happy that they added the badges, though, as this is/was probably my favourite game here.

Flag Post

I finished World 1-4, 6 and World 1 advanced for the six death free completions. I would advise doing World 6 rather than World 5 because of the amount of precise timed jumps you need. Some people might have trouble getting the ’’Don’t Use Power Up’ trophy. I finally got it by collecting the powerup at the start of the game and not using it. If you don’t get it at all it doesn’t seem to work right. As far any tips to get deep into the game I would say remember your patterns, if you find a difficult part in a level then there may be another way of completing it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cirpacha:

The requirement for medals earned seems rather pointless as you easily get that many just by finishing all the worlds.

Dammit Cirp, y u so pro? I had 27 upon game completion. And I tried for golds in 1-4.

Flag Post

I did 1-6. I also recorded my zero death runs for worlds 4-6, I’ll put the rest of the links here when the videos finish uploading.

World 4 (double diamond)
World 5 (double diamond)
World 6 (speedrun diamond)

Flag Post

I played this 2 years ago after discovering it from Danaroth’s profile.

So I’m not the only one who finds all my favourite games there…

Flag Post

Damn. I really wanted to be the first to get the imp badge legit, but I just found out that for the world 7 trophy you need to pick up the powerup then not use it. I even beat worlds 9 and 10 on advanced again to try and fix my problem. Anyways kongrats.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I played this 2 years ago after discovering it from Danaroth’s profile.

So I’m not the only one who finds all my favourite games there…

I have also found some great games simply due to Danaroth :D

Flag Post

Hey everyone, creator here!

I’ve heard that there are some bugs regarding certain trophies/being awarded the wrong trophy and certain instances where people aren’t getting trophies/medals they should. While I really want to do everything to fix the game to accommodate the newly added badges, I lost the files in a hard-drive failure over a year ago and I have no way of fixing these issues.

Huge props to you Pimpin for managing to not only obtain the Impossible badge but also managing to capture it on video, seeing that and this discussion really made my day. It was always my hope when I released this game a couple of years ago that somebody somewhere would play through the entire thing and I’m grateful to Kongregate for providing the game with a second chance to do that (even though the game appears to have frustrated many!)

Thanks again and to everyone who played, I hope to be releasing more games again this year but I’m doing my best to keep frustration through difficulty to an absolute minimum in my future projects!

Flag Post

Hey don’t keep frustration through difficulty to a minimum, I like a challenge. It was just a few bugs that prevented people from getting the imp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShawnerSSS:

Hey don’t keep frustration through difficulty to a minimum, I like a challenge. It was just a few bugs that prevented people from getting the imp.

Understood! I do like to provide a challenge and I hope that my upcoming projects will do just that! My only concern is when the frustration of a failure overwhelms the prospects of a challenge.

I have video previews of two particular games on my YouTube page at www.youtube.com/JindoUK namely ‘Blackout’ (formerly ‘Alone in the Dark’) and any videos relating to Pong. It’s looking like I will release Blackout first although they’re both very close to complete.

Flag Post

Decided to finish the last two as well
World 7 (no deaths and both D-medals)
World 8 (no deaths and both D-medals)

I guess it should’ve unlocked the big llama trophy

Flag Post

Amazing stuff, well done for beating World 8 without dying!

It might be that you need to do the same for Worlds 9 and 10 to get the big trophy, but I don’t entirely remember how I intended or implemented it.

EDIT: But it does say “8 Llama Heads Collected” in order to unlock so by all accounts it should be unlocked for you, evidently it’s one more bug that I will sadly not be able to fix.

Flag Post

What the hail

Flag Post

That was a great relief to finish up that badge.

I am so glad that the threshold for medals was set to 50, because I really struggled to get to that plateau.

It was certainly a frustrating badge, but well worth the time and effort put into it.

Flag Post

Why nodeaths? Just… why?

I’d appreciate this impossible a lot more if there were no requirement for nodeathing X worlds, even if the medal requirement were 60 or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShawnerSSS:

Damn. I really wanted to be the first to get the imp badge legit, but I just found out that for the world 7 trophy you need to pick up the powerup then not use it. I even beat worlds 9 and 10 on advanced again to try and fix my problem. Anyways kongrats.

I just finished world 7 without picking the powerup and another run picking it up and not using it, but the trophy is still locked. There must be something more.

Flag Post

Try refreshing and doing it again (picking up the powerup and not using it). That worked for me, but it might not be the reason of course.

I thought the badge requirements were great.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Why nodeaths? Just… why?

I’d appreciate this impossible a lot more if there were no requirement for nodeathing X worlds, even if the medal requirement were 60 or something.

Well, the original impossible badge was 15 trophies, but most people would have skipped the 100 medal trophy anyway, which would mean they would have had to get 6 no-death trophies. Of course this means the badge is slightly easier now since you can do the advanced worlds for the impossible badge unlike before.

I was actually happier about the no-deaths than I was about the medals. But then again I just couldn’t speed run most of the levels very well.

Flag Post

Weird… I finished world 10 advanced but instead of giving me that trophy I got the 100 medal trophy. I don’t have 100 medals. Whatever though, a trophy is a trophy and it still worked for the badge.

Flag Post

I just earned the impossible a few minutes go. Definitely a satisfying feeling having that done. Oddly enough, the last thing I had to do was get one more medal after getting the trophies and no deaths :x I really enjoyed the challenge of playing this the last couple of days. And my shirt is all sweaty now, so thanks, I suppose, Jindo. :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gazz1016:

Weird… I finished world 10 advanced but instead of giving me that trophy I got the 100 medal trophy. I don’t have 100 medals. Whatever though, a trophy is a trophy and it still worked for the badge.

From the discussion I saw in chat, the belief is that the two trophies are switched around. As far as I know, no one has gotten 100 trophies to confirm that.