Forums Kongregate

Kongregate Points

20 posts

Flag Post

Im asking the admins of the site or the site creator to please in the future make the levels a little les points. My friend is trying to get to level 50 and up and he is only 37 and been playing since 2008! Can you some how make it easier to achieve the levels in the future of Kongregate? Thanks For Your Time :)

Flag Post

They’re not meant to be achieved over night! :D

Flag Post

I agree, we should make leveling up easier.

I think that getting up to level 65 should only need 1000 points so everyone can be max level and then everyone is happy :>

Flag Post

They are making it easier by adding more badges. More badges available=more points available.

Flag Post

Oh, man. This is completely different from the usual “raise the level cap”.

Flag Post

It would make no sense at all; they are already adding more badges, making it easier to get points and level up.

Originally posted by CowFriend:

Oh, man. This is completely different from the usual “raise the level cap”.

I was expecting that, too.
You surprised me, OP.

Flag Post

I was expecting a “What are Kongregate points for?” thread, personally.

Flag Post

I’m only level 38 and I’ve been playing since 2008. I’m not mad about this at all.

I could have been a much higher level though, if I actually got serious into earning badges when I first made my account.

Flag Post

Been playing on and off since late ‘08 and I’m sitting a bit below 40k points. I don’t even spamrate.

Look at 123aaa789 though. That’s a good example of what one can do when they’re determined.

Flag Post

It all depends on personal style. I hit 65 in 3 years, it just depends on how long you spend on the site in reality. Hitting the cap isn’t meant to be easy after all. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

They are making it easier by adding more badges. More badges available=more points available.

^This.

Just achieve every easy badge. Then, every medium badge. Then every hard, then impossibles.

By then, you’ll be way over level 65.

Flag Post
Originally posted by knio:

Look at 123aaa789 though. That’s a good example of what one can do when they’re determined.

Well since I’ve already been introduced…

Just because some people don’t earn points at as fast of a rate as others doesn’t mean the requirements are overall too high, it just means they’re higher than you’d like. I’ve also been here since 2008, and in that time have acquired enough points to reach the level cap, three times, that doesn’t mean that the requirements are too low either (just that I’m obsessive). The moral of the story is that you can’t please everyone, so they try their best to do what feels right.

Flag Post

I don’t know, but I’ve been only here for about 1.5 years and I’m already about halfway there to level 50.

I don’t play much, and I’m not very good at gaming.
So it’s not expected that I would be that high.

Flag Post

If you are really interesting in just gaining points, you can do things like rate games every day for up to fifty points. Also, keep your eye out for special promotions that offer points (google a day, watching a drunk driving video, etc).

I’ve never worried about my points or my Kong level, because I can’t imagine anyone is going to visit my profile to see what my level is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by The_Atari_Kid:

I can’t imagine anyone is going to visit my profile to see what my level is.

I just did. You’re 53.

*blows your mind*

Flag Post
Originally posted by LethalMutiny:

It all depends on personal style. I hit 65 in 3 years, it just depends on how long you spend on the site in reality. Hitting the cap isn’t meant to be easy after all. :)

I’m fairly certain I’ve spent more time on the site than you and am still only level 58 ;)

It also depends on how good at gaming you are. Of the ~750 badges I haven’t earned, I couldn’t get any of them without significant difficulty (if at all).

Flag Post

It doesn’t matter what level you are. If there’s a game you like, then play it. If there’s a game you don’t like that has badges, then don’t play it.

Worry more about having fun than what number is next to your name in chat.

Flag Post

As a level 65 user, I can assure you that leveling is really for your own self-satisfaction.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no hidden treasure for reaching the level cap. There is no group of fans you suddenly have because of your new-found skill. Nothing new happens, and nothing really changes. The leveling system’s purpose is both for you to compare your level with friends as well as for you to track your own gaming progress. Don’t stress too much over levels- they are designed to that they are achievable and scale well over the course of 65 levels. As long as you are a regular to the site, you will reach the cap eventually. After joining in June of 2008, I gained all badges at the time at May 30th, 2010, and reached the level cap soon after I believe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

It doesn’t matter what level you are. If there’s a game you like, then play it. If there’s a game you don’t like that has badges, then don’t play it.

Worry more about having fun than what number is next to your name in chat.

Exactly what I’m going to point out. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hokage4354:

As a level 65 user, I can assure you that leveling is really for your own self-satisfaction.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no hidden treasure for reaching the level cap. There is no group of fans you suddenly have because of your new-found skill. Nothing new happens, and nothing really changes. The leveling system’s purpose is both for you to compare your level with friends as well as for you to track your own gaming progress. Don’t stress too much over levels- they are designed to that they are achievable and scale well over the course of 65 levels. As long as you are a regular to the site, you will reach the cap eventually. After joining in June of 2008, I gained all badges at the time at May 30th, 2010, and reached the level cap soon after I believe.

Except cake.