Forums Kongregate

Vote for the Best of 2012 Quest! page 2

86 posts

Flag Post

I saw here standing there was an obvious vote for me.

Flag Post

I don’t like any of the games in that poll. Well, I haven’t tried 6 of them…

Flag Post

I find it ironic that the top games locked in are pretty much all ones I dislike whereas all the ones to choose from I like. I can’t say I dislike any of the choices.

Flag Post

i personally dislike about half of the games on both lists. but some where truly great.
my vote went to i saw her standing there, because i really think it was very fun to play, even the second and third time around.

Flag Post

I hope people realize that votes posted on the thread aren’t counted. >_>

That’s why raw set up a poll.

Flag Post

I was hoping that the Last Stand MMO (gasp, MMO?!) would get badged and get into the running for best of 2012.

Flag Post

I can’t believe Kongregate is still making the error of only allowing individual users to vote for a single entry in a poll with multiple winners. Do you really believe that a game every single voter ranks as second place but no one ranks as first doesn’t belong in the winner circle? Because that’s what your vote format suggests.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Keslen:

I can’t believe Kongregate is still making the error of only allowing individual users to vote for a single entry in a poll with multiple winners. Do you really believe that a game every single voter ranks as second place but no one ranks as first doesn’t belong in the winner circle? Because that’s what your vote format suggests.

I think it’s sort of like a wisdom of the crowd scenario, where not many people might be able to correctly guess how the rankings will pan out, but overall the top two will end up as the top two.

Flag Post

Voted for Fancy Pants. The others are dull.

Flag Post

Wow… this year did suck in the games and badges department… Voting for i saw her standing there

Flag Post

Why is Musaic Box on the list with a 4.14 but SCGMD4 didn’t make the cut also with a 4.14? I liked Musaic Box but I feel like SCGMD4 is the better game here(although I guess I am biased). Shouldn’t it at least have a chance?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JadeWind:

Why is Musaic Box on the list with a 4.14 but SCGMD4 didn’t make the cut also with a 4.14? I liked Musaic Box but I feel like SCGMD4 is the better game here(although I guess I am biased). Shouldn’t it at least have a chance?

Kong has stats on game ratings out to at least 6 decimal places—even though the ratings for both round to 4.14, Musaic Box’s is apparently higher.

Flag Post

Do they straight up just pick the top 10 based on ratings? (Well, 8 and then pick more to have a vote.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Do they straight up just pick the top 10 based on ratings? (Well, 8 and then pick more to have a vote.)

This year, we locked in the 8 highest-rated games from the year and they will appear on the quest for sure.

We took the next 10 highest-rated games and we’re going to have you vote on which 2 of those deserve to be in the quest.

Flag Post

I really need to read this thread. Double fail.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
Originally posted by JadeWind:

Kong has stats on game ratings out to at least 6 decimal places—even though the ratings for both round to 4.14, Musaic Box’s is apparently higher.

Yes, fair enough. I guess they had to implement a hard cutoff point somewhere. But it is difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed when there is a maximum of 0.22% difference between them. Especially since it looks like SCGMD4 is the 11th, if the Highest Ratings sorting function is correct. exasperated sigh Oh well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Monsters Den Chronicles and Legacy Of The Void 2 are the best.

This. We need at least one RPG in the mix!

Flag Post

Voted. Can’t say that I like the look of some of the locked games though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIcyHeart:

Voted. Can’t say that I like the look of some of the locked games though.

Seconded.

Flag Post

People like Jacksmith? It’s just a bloody freaking papa’s game with a re-skin… le sigh.

Strike Force Heroes was the only game I could vote for… the rest were drivel-ware. There were definitely other good games that are worthy of being on that list.

BBR was worse than the original, and Knightmare Tower is by far the better launcher.

Flag Post

People like Jacksmith? It’s just a bloody freaking papa’s game with a re-skin… le sigh.

Actually, it’s not—time management is irrelevant, which removes the worst part of the Papa’s games.

Flag Post

This… Makes me feel validated in saying that flash gaming is going down the shitter.

New Star Soccer and Paladog don’t even approach best game; they’re simply terrible in every way.
Infectionator 2 and Burrito Bison Revenge were fun(ish); unless you consider that they’re almost exact reskins of the rest of their series (BTD5, even, had more innovation on its own series than these two).

The only ones that’re half-decent and locked in are Knightmare Tower, Incursion, and Decision 2.

I would love to see Monsters’ Den Chronicles, Legend of the Void 2, Strike Force Heroes (Shameless reskin, but still fun), Enigmata, i saw her standing there, Remus, and Fancy Pants all up on the top list. It quite literally seems like the two lists were switched around; with the worse 8 being locked in, and the better games being up for vote.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

Voted for Fancy Pants. The others are dull.

Flag Post

No Jacksmith and no Wartune. That is all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericzander:

No Jacksmith and no Wartune. That is all.

You shouldn’t have said it. Oh dear…

Murphy’s law