Forums Kongregate

Vote for the Best of 2012 Quest! page 3

87 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericzander:

No Jacksmith and no Wartune. That is all.

You shouldn’t have said it. Oh dear…

Murphy’s law

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

This… Makes me feel validated in saying that flash gaming is going down the shitter.

New Star Soccer and Paladog don’t even approach best game; they’re simply terrible in every way.
Infectionator 2 and Burrito Bison Revenge were fun(ish); unless you consider that they’re almost exact reskins of the rest of their series (BTD5, even, had more innovation on its own series than these two).

The only ones that’re half-decent and locked in are Knightmare Tower, Incursion, and Decision 2.

I would love to see Monsters’ Den Chronicles, Legend of the Void 2, Strike Force Heroes (Shameless reskin, but still fun), Enigmata, i saw her standing there, Remus, and Fancy Pants all up on the top list. It quite literally seems like the two lists were switched around; with the worse 8 being locked in, and the better games being up for vote.

I don’t think the problem is flash gaming going down the shitter, I think the bigger problem is the majority sees a sequel and automatically believes it will be good because they enjoyed the first one. This preconceived notion makes the sequel seem better even if it’s a reskin or if it’s actually worse than the original. This encourages production of more sequels because devs gotta eat, so they gotta produce what will make money. This whole cycle discourages developers to take risks with creative ideas. In the end, the player loses because what we’re left with is a large crop of “meh” games with few standouts.

Flag Post

The reason a sequel typically ends up with a higher rating than the original is quite simple: all the people who hated the original, and gave it 1 star, didin’t bother playing the sequel. And so didn’t rate it either.

The real problem is the “rating”. Taking the mean of everyone’s /5 score and calling it the game’s Rating does not mean it is the last word in how popular/good/well-liked the game is. The world is not that simple.

Originally posted by racefan12:

People like Jacksmith? It’s just a bloody freaking papa’s game with a re-skin… le sigh.

Actually, it’s not—time management is irrelevant, which removes the worst part of the Papa’s games.

Time management is irrelevant in Jacksmith?

Flag Post

You can get all badges without using gems…

Flag Post

I feel that the Best of 2012 quest should reflect something unique or memorable about 2012. Sequels really dilute this. Looking back, BTD4 and BTD3 were featured in Best of 2010 and 2008 respectively, Fancy Pants 2 and 1 in 2008 and 2007, and Burrito Bison in 2011. But I am most unhappy about BTD5 and Infectonator 2 being locked in.

With that in mind, I voted for Musaic Box, and am happy to see New Star Soccer on the list.

Flag Post

I also agree that flash gaming is a dying media, mostly because developers reasonably switched to the richer iOS/Android market; admittely, we just had a fantastic series of badges recently, featuring the best series of games I have ever seen highlighted on Kongregate, but they mostly featured old classic. My vote goes to Musaic Box as well.

Flag Post

no wartune please

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

People like Jacksmith? It’s just a bloody freaking papa’s game with a re-skin… le sigh.

Actually, it’s not—time management is irrelevant, which removes the worst part of the Papa’s games.

I’m going to have to disagree with you there. While it is true that they don’t penalize you for going slow, they reward you for doing it fast, so it still plays a big part in the game’s mechanics.

Flag Post

BTD5 or I take 10 MP from the mods for every vote that isnt for BTD5.

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:

BTD5 or I take 10 MP from the mods for every vote that isnt for BTD5.

It’s already guaranteed to be in the quest.

Flag Post

Enigmata: Stellar War. All the way!

Flag Post

Of those… er… Monster’s Den, I think. Don’t especially like any of the others, unless my memory has broken.

Flag Post

Jacksmith. It’d be a huge shame not to have that on the list. One of the few games I played beyond getting the badges.

Flag Post

I prefer Monsters den out of all of those options. I’m also glad that there are no unity games on the list since my computer can’t run them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UZZBUZZ:

I find it ironic that the top games locked in are pretty much all ones I dislike whereas all the ones to choose from I like. I can’t say I dislike any of the choices.

Same here. The second list is much more appealing to me. I hated infectinator 2 (and, really, the entire -inator line of games) and new star soccer, and while I liked the original Burrito Bison quite a bit, neither of these launch games improved anything over it.

Flag Post

If I could just choose the whole lot from this list + a close runner someone mentioned it would be:

- Bloons TD 5
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- SCGMD4
- Decision 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Several Journeys of Reemus Chapter 4 Beastly Blackhole of Bureaucracy
- Musaic Box
- Fancy Pants Adventure: World 3
- Jacksmith

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bilious:

If I could just choose the whole lot from this list + a close runner someone mentioned it would be:

- Bloons TD 5
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- SCGMD4
- Decision 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Musaic Box
- Jacksmith

Now that is a list with some diversity and it overall looks pretty enjoyable.

Flag Post

- Bloons TD 5
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- SCGMD4
- Decision 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Musaic Box
- Jacksmith

Oh man. I would kill for that list. The only game on there I don’t like is Decision 2, but that’s just because I don’t like zombies. My personal list would probably be this but with Paladog instead.

Flag Post

- Bloons TD 5
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- SCGMD4
- Decision 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Musaic Box
- Jacksmith

Replace Reemus with Monsters’ Den: Chronicles and Jasksmith with FPA3 and that would be perfect, in my opinion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

- Bloons TD 5
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- SCGMD4
- Decision 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Musaic Box
- Jacksmith

Replace Reemus with Monsters’ Den: Chronicles and Jasksmith with FPA3 and that would be perfect, in my opinion.

If you replace Jacksmith with FPA3, would you have to earn the FPA3 badge twice?

Anyway, Zeebarf is totally under-represented in the Best Of quests (pretty sure he isn’t represented at all, in fact), and needs to be on this one. Go Reemus!

Flag Post

Damn it,I had to choose between BTD5,Several Journey of Reemus Chapter 4,FPA3 and Jacksmith!

I choose BTD5.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

Damn it,I had to choose between BTD5,Several Journey of Reemus Chapter 4,FPA3 and Jacksmith!

I choose BTD5.

BTD5 is already guaranteed to be in the quest, so you can’t pick it. :)

Flag Post

- Bloons TD 5
- Knightmare Tower
- Incursion
- SCGMD4
- Decision 2
- Strike Force Heroes
- Musaic Box
- Jacksmith

I really like this…

Flag Post

Wartune & Musaic Box

Flag Post

Wow these choices aren’t the best… Sums up the decline of flash games in 2012. Let’s hope for a revival in 2013.

Anyway, I’d probably say Wartune and Musaic Box.