Forums Kongregate

Is it legal to share your account or use alts here in Kong?

27 posts

Flag Post

There is an online game here that his ToS only relies on “what kong permits”, so i want a confirmation, yes/no.

Flag Post

On Kong alts are allowed, and so is account sharing. Although account sharing isn’t recommended.

Flag Post

I don’t know why you’d want to share accounts other than to cheat energy-based games. Which… *sighs*

As per alt accounts? Yeah. I think I have about 15-20 of those myself. Kosher as long as you don’t use them to harm.

Flag Post

Alts interacting with each other in a team-based game like Tyrant = allowed ?

Alts team against each other for battle rewards, Alts team with each other to beat other teams, etc…

P.S. OP raised this question because of his thread in Tyrant forum:

Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Check dev answer to a question about “Account sharing issues”:

DaWayne33: This is Kongregate’s issue. We cannot do anything about this.

(Was a response in the private forum of consortium, is in vain if i put the link of the topic, you cannot see it).

Well, im already waiting for an answer of a Kong Admin to this question:
Is it legal to share your account or use alts here in Kong?

Who are in favor of this issue start preparing the party! :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

I don’t know why you’d want to share accounts other than to cheat energy-based games. Which… *sighs*

Originally posted by lol0lo:

Alts interacting with each other in a team-based game like Tyrant = allowed ?

*sighs*

Flag Post

Yes, but be aware that whatever happens on the account is treated for what the account did, so if one of you is good and the other uses it for evil, it’s treated as if you’re both one and the same.

Flag Post

First of all, no, account sharing is not allowed. See the ToS :

You may not share or transfer your Account or your Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password.

From the Kongregate side of things, using alts is fine. Some MMOs do disallow the use of alts, however.

Flag Post

Actually, I’ve shared accounts with two other people in the past with no consequences. So unless that condition was implemented within the past year, account sharing is allowed.

Flag Post

Not being punished for it doesn’t mean it’s allowed. I exceed the speed limit much more frequently than I get tickets, but that doesn’t mean it’s not still against the law and that I couldn’t still get in trouble for it.

Flag Post

Account Sharing = Usually Bad, that one person could change your password.

Making Alts = Fine.

Flag Post

Typically account sharing and alt accounts have bad motives in mind, but they don’t necessarily have to be bad. The one thing I made alts for which wasn’t negative to anybody was for humors sakes in the Off-Topic forum. Using alts to boost yourself in games is bad and against the rules, I would assume.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hokage4354:

Using alts to boost yourself in games is bad and against the rules, I would assume.

It would depend on the in-game multiple account policy. I think some games allow it, to an intent.

Flag Post

Well, I mean- I suppose it depends. I’ve always considered boosting shady regardless of whether it’s allowed or not.

Flag Post

Yes, it is legal to both share your account with others and to have alternative accounts on Kongregate. Sharing accounts with others is not recommended because they may change any information, (Mostly your About Me from experience. Even if they are trustworthy, I’m sure they’ll make a slight altercation to it.), may get your account banned by violating the ToS, or can even go so far as to change your password, giving them complete authority over your account. Remember, no matter what happens, whether it was you, a family member, a friend, the argument: “But it wasn’t ME violating the ToS, it was so and so!” Will not fly being that whatever’s done on an account, the account is punished. It’s not to be unfair, it’s to keep Kongregate at least semi-mature. Kongregate would never terminate your account unless you have violated the rules in any way, and if it truly is someone else, you may have learned not to let people on your account.

You may have alternative accounts on Kongregate, though it’s not exactly worshipped by the staff and community in Kongregate. People may jump to conclusions, thinking you’re escaping a ban, or something else. I personally have had about 50+ accounts on Kongregate due to my OCD. If I don’t get all badges in a game, I make a new one, etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alisiiea:

Yes, it is legal to […] share your account with others[…]

No, it’s not. You admit later in your own post that it violates the Terms of Service. How is something that violates the Terms of Service allowed (“legal”)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

No, it’s not. You admit later in your own post that it violates the Terms of Service. How is something that violates the Terms of Service allowed (“legal”)?

Adv0, I’m still kind of new to this having just come back from a year-long break to Kongregate, and I have not honestly come across a rule saying it’s not legal to share your account with others. From what I’ve seen, many people do this and have not been faces with ANY consequences, including myself. What I meant when I said that is that I thought it was okay unless you or the other person (depending on if you’re actually being truthful or not) violate the ToS on that account.

I guess I didn’t explain myself very well and I may just be uninformed here, but I honestly have had no experiences where this wasn’t allowed, and I don’t remember reading it in the ToS. So I’m sorry if I gave anyone the misinformation, but you’d have to call out ANYBODY who has also not come across this and said this was okay. Being that I’ve not seen this AND a few other people haven’t also apparently, I feel it unfair to call me out on this.

I’m sorry.

Flag Post

There’s no need to apologize, I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I was just confused by your post and seeking clarification.

Flag Post

I have not honestly come across a rule saying it’s not legal to share your account with others.

plujan linked the ToS and quoted the part in a previous post.

Originally posted by plujan:

First of all, no, account sharing is not allowed. See the ToS :

You may not share or transfer your Account or your Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password.

From the Kongregate side of things, using alts is fine. Some MMOs do disallow the use of alts, however.

Flag Post

As long as they don’t know you’re sharing accounts, then you can’t get banned for it. I don’t think the staffs really do anything about alt sharing though.

Flag Post

I think the only time it would be a concern is if you were using alt accounts to do something like harass other users, then they might check the IP of the alt and see who’s main account it matches and issue a warning/ban.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

I don’t think the staffs really do anything about alt sharing though.

Yeah not really, the rule is mostly up there to avoid conflicts and tricky to deal with issues such. Ex: claiming that account x is shared by user a and user b, user a changes the password on account x and user b can’t get in. Because of this rule user b can’t really make an issue of it. At least that is what I think.

Flag Post

No, it’s not.

Uh-oh. Someone better tell this guy these guys

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

No, it’s not.

Uh-oh. Someone better tell this guy these guys

Thanks a lot lou now people in FGF hate me even more.

Flag Post

Kong doesnt care about alts unless you are using them to cheat at MMOs or get extra entries in various contests.

Flag Post

I’m sure you can share accounts, I’ve asked admins about this in the past, and I was told I could share my account but to be wary about it.