Forums Kongregate

[Interview Masterthread] Current: Pika493 Ego Inflation

31 posts

Flag Post

Welcome!

This is the thread where I’ll be posting interviews from now on. As often as possible, I will post a new interview in this thread.

Random notes

First of all, a huge thanks for everybody on the waiting list for their patience! I’ll do my best to get caught up.

Since JesseMH8, the person who gave birth to the idea of interviewing here, hasn’t the time to interview often, I have been conducting all the interviews on the waiting list, as well as new interview requests (with his permission). To keep things more organised, I decided to post all interviews in this one thread, instead of individual threads each interview.

If you want to see past interviews, click here.

If you wish to be interviewed, you may ask either in JesseMH8’s thread, this thread or by PMing me.

Furthermore, if you want to make a change to your interview after it has been published in this thread, please PM me with details of the questions/answers you would like me to change. You may request to have it changed at any time. Thank you!

Interview Archive 2013

Click here for the 2012 interviews

Pika493

TwistedCakez

gammaflux

khixan

To Be Interviewed

I’ll catch up… eventually!

tEcALLAI
Hussain117
Sweetywrapper
Cgaan
uzzbuzz
Sargesteve
Riddlemaster
Braves055
Fricknmaniac
Solsund
SquareOne
Johanna_T
DragonArcherZ
Mosfet
leotid
awesomedragon17
Ratolibre1
cllazyman
JoshDragon
andrei00stan
CosmicErupter66
trace401
Omnigears
ajwontpay
HULKSMASHEDU
Pulsaris
Metepod
S_98
supershaynz
moomoofire11
AdeebNafees
SpiritfChaos
poetic4death
Kmac198
Rolby
PMDutch
SilverEvil
abraaz
Chubbs199
Lizzy99
KakkoiiBishounen
Grumpster
made302
Bluji
superboybot
12grayson
GottaAskTheMan
oatlol
saybox
JayZeeM50One
riddleschool
blakzer
hadiclank210
DannyDaNinja
MakotoShinobi
Ratchet1999
goul66
Deathwynd
Kerfuffley

Flag Post

I’ve been waiting for this day.

Flag Post

NOBODY CARES.

Flag Post

sweet and good luck!

Flag Post

khixan! A lovely name to shout at your friend, or a battle cry before she strikes! Obviously, I should have put more thought into my username, and come up with something comparably EPIC.

LOL Thank you :)

What is your name?

Hi, I’m Jules, a.k.a Mommy, a.k.a. Julie, a.k.a The Master of Disaster.

Where do you live?

Delaware, USA

What is the origin of your username?

It’s on my profile, but only jadespider has figured out the full meaning of it –
khixan (khI-zan) noun
1. Two old scifi characters that no one besides me remembers.
2. A play on words of my son’s first and middle name.
3. Similar to kaizen, but one step back for every 3 forward.

So what brought you to Kongregate?

Gemcraft and my nephews telling me it was a great TD game.
What kept me on kong was tumbling into the Difference Engine and seeing adults having a conversation. It was JohannasGarden and her husband if memory serves. Using Kong was actually the first time I’d chatted online socially (not counting work IM stuff).

Do you have a favorite game?

I’m going to pretend that said “games” XD
Mushroom Revolution
Gemcraft series
BTD series
Pirate Defense
Pencil Madness
Post It, Draw It

Which chatrooms do you visit often?

The cerebrals in Difference Engine, the fun loons in AAA, the cheery Bowser’s Castle, and the cool folks in The Cliff. I’ve recently also discovered Blackmyst and Eggs. I used to go to Ivory Tower, but sadly haven’t been by there in the past year.

What are some of your favorite quotes?

“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgot.” – Morpheus, Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman.
“There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics.” – Mark Twain
“Our existence deforms the universe. That’s responsibility.” – Delirium, Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman
“Leave a message. If it’s important, I’ll get back to you. If I don’t, you know why.” – Captain Phil Harris
“Amazing what Americans can accomplish with the Playstation network down.” – from facebook
“One loyal friend is worth 10,000 relatives.” – Euripides

My best sayings –
On getting lost – “Nothing that a u-turn and 15 minutes can’t fix.”
About myself – “I am always 3 perspectives. There is who I was, who I am, and who I want to be.”
On dating – “Don’t ever date the vocalist. Damned peacocks.” Of course, I married one…
On kids – “The most challenging parenting skill is keeping a straight face.”
On cancer – “I hate cancer. Sorry Steve. We don’t have an app for that.”
Whether love is fated or a choice – “Anything that requires THAT much work must be a choice.”
About work – “One day, shark’s might have a week dedicated to me.”
When trying to quit smoking – “I haven’t killed anyone. Yet.”
About bosses – “There are managers who get in your way, and managers who get everyone out of your way.”
On perfume – “I have no clue why some women want to smell like roses to attract men when bacon and/or french fries would obviously be so much more effective."
In response to nephews whining about a power outage – “I will pay you to take the damn TV and phone away for a week. That’s called a VACATION.”
“Morning people are welcome to happily live their lives in a galaxy far the f*** away from me.”

What are your comments on this photo from the Mars Curiosity rover?

*snort*

How would you describe your life so far in a six-word sentence? How often would your ’life sentence’ change?

Weird shit always happens to me.
I’m still waiting for my life sentence to change. I’ll let you all know what I think of normalcy if I ever partake of it.

My random adds –
despair.com has the funniest demotivators EVER. Love that site.

I am getting this for Shark Week: https://www.webhats.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?id=2108&category=0

Humans should come with user manuals. That way we know who to hunt down and kill. (Anyone who didn’t bothering reading the manual.)

I am positive I ordered my life sunny-side-up, not scrambled.

I love Eddie Izzard and Dara O’Briain.

When I see certain people, I hear “theme songs” for them in my head.

Bottle of Midol, $6.99. Watching my son get it to “make Daddy feel better”, priceless XD

Today’s threat level is azure with a touch of complementary jade for accents.

Swimming/boarding/surfing in the ocean cures all my ills.
The next wave is always coming. Perfect wave, smash you into sands—cuts you up—washing machine wave, little ho-hum waves, best wave EVER… The next wave is coming. All I can do is choose to ride, be passed by, or with the big ones, be ridden. I can only hope each wave teaches me how to ride a little better.

On Neil Gaiman:
I love everything he’s ever written. The Sandman (by the way, new story coming out 2013 from him for 25th anniversary of Sandman), Good Omens, and American Gods are my 3 faves by him.

Where Jesse deletes most of his side of a PM convo:
khixan: First thing I read by Neil Gaiman was The Sandman Ramadan. It was late 80s or early 90s (can’t recall).

khixan: My hair may unexpectedly change color LOL. at the moment, it’s natural brown/blonde. I think it’s called “ash” or something like that

khixan: in the past, it’s been purple, red, blue, green, etc etc etc

khixan: Good Omens is my personal bible because it reminds me to always keep a keen sense of the absurd, and to LAUGH a lot :) (reply)

To khixan: You don’t mention any quotes from Good Omens. Any particular passages or stories it reminds you of in your life?

khixan: I would wind up retyping the whole book XD. hmm, you know the part where the demon screws with the highway? The way a little evil spreads wide and grinds on ppl and can cause a chain reaction. (reply)

khixan: It reminds me that the reverse is also true. A little good, every little interaction all day long with every person you come across – that’s a chance to make the world better. (reply)

khixan: When the demon ties up all those phone lines, same thing too (reply)

To khixan: I remember it, but not as vividly as you!

khixan: I reread it about once a year or so. I got a lot outta that book :) He has a point of view and a turn of phrase that I find very inspiring. It’s like I read him and he has found the words/the way to express something I’ve always believed, or recognize as “AHA! that’s it!!!” that’s what I want/like/believe.
I frequently have that “he found the perfect turn of phrase” reaction to Maynard James Keenan’s lyrics also.

Thank you for the lengthy interview, khixan! We sure need a lot more long interviews…

Flag Post

If you’re going to put all interviews in one thread, you should at least put the name of the person most recently interviewed in the thread title.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

If you’re going to put all interviews in one thread, you should at least put the name of the person most recently interviewed in the thread title.

Yes, I was thinking of doing that. Thank you for reminding me <3

Flag Post

gammaflux

What is your name?

Alex

Where do you live?

America

What brought you to Kongregate, and how did you decide on a username?

I was looking for games, and I stayed for the people
I have no clue how I decided on my username to be honest with you.

Do you have any favorite chat rooms? Would you like to mention any notable friends?

Gnary Argle Ska is the chatroom you’ll almost always find me in.
Notable friends: Alexander015, Paris28, and Vanja77

If you could choose one game to play on Kongregate for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I’d play “Vorp!” It’s a pretty fun multiplayer game, kind of similar to Dota. (However if you have lag its almost impossible to play). Either that or just for chatting.

What has been your best experience on Kongregate so far?

Meeting new people.

Kong Ant vs. Kongbot. Who would win?

Kong Ant of course!

Do you have any thoughts on the new Cinematic Mode?

It seems pretty cool but I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to test it out.

Kongregate is constantly evolving. Is it going too far, or has it yet to reach it’s peak?

I’d say its evolved a bit backwards lately, but things should pick up and it should be able to evolve fully.

What are your thoughts on Disney buying the Star Wars franchise with plans to create a new trilogy next year?

They should obviously make it a musical. Action and dancing/singing makes for cinematic gold.
(kidding) I think its kind of stupid and I hope that disney doesn’t ruin star wars.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Random stuff to be honest.

What are your favorite quotes?

“A wise man once said, the easy way is the hard way, and the hard way is the easy way.”

How would you describe your life in a six-word sentence?

That is a big secret prodigy. (6 words :D)

The OFFICIAL SamsterSamster Question
What is the first life experience you can remember?

The world was black, Suddenly there was light and I woke up as a three to four year old in the kitchen. I could also talk and I knew what certain objects were.

If you were an admin (of any department), what would you change on Kongregate?

I’d try my best to implement rules making it easier for mods/admins to silence/ban trolls.

Do you own any handheld/console video games?

Yes, I own quite a few.

Do you have any superstitious habits while gaming?

Not really. Sometimes I practice typing without a keyboard when bored though.

When you’re not on Kongregate, what do you do most of the time?

Homework, or reading/writing.

Would you like to mention your favorite book/author?

Finnegans Wake by James Joyce. (If any of you can read this book easily i’ll be amazed)
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/j/joyce/james/j8f/episode1.html
For those of you willing to try such a book.

If you could make any type of video game what would it be like?

A turn-based Rpg with thousands of units to choose from (balanced units) and having them combat eachother on hundreds of maps.

Bonus Question: Now here’s a question for you eProdigy.
If you could have any superpower what would it be?

The ability to physically hit somebody connected to the internet.
Moshdef: Lol dude I pwnd you hard.
eProdigy: *smack*
Moshdef: ;_;

Thank you for the excellent interview, gammaflux!

Flag Post

TwistedCakez

Your first day on Kongregate. Were you bored? Trying to impress a boy or girl with your 1337 flash gaming skills? How did you decide on your username, and what was the first game you played?

My first day…hmm… that brings back memories. Was I bored? Very much so. Trying to impress someone? Who? And with what? I mean, no-one I know really likes games, and I don’t have much flash gaming skills. Ahhh… My username, oh,yes. I remember now. It was a 26th, a 26th of June, I believe. It was a boring summer day, nothing to do, just finished tons of video games, so i went to find a good site with games to join in on. I googled “Flash Game Website” and of course kongregate was near the top. I needed a username…what should it be… I look around and see a dirty plate, which used to hold a slice of birthday cake. Then it needed a twist. So what better then “Twisted” I thought. That was the birth of me on kongregate.

Do you mind if I ask what your alter ego is, and where your secret lair is?

My true name is Sam “Soul” Surge. I live in a nice little city in the state of Georgia. My friends just call me “Soul” in real life.

What are your favorite games? Do you like a specific genre of game, does any aspect draw you to a game more than others?

My favorite game would have to be “The Majesty of Colors” It is a short game, but beautiful. My favorite genres would either be RPG for a good adventure and art games, for the simplicity and design.

What kind of role do you see for yourself on Kongregate? What would you consider your biggest accomplishment(s) here?

More like a forum-er (I just made up a word. I’m so pro like that.) I hang around OT, FGF, and the Kongregate forums quite a bit. My biggest accomplishment would have to be hitting the 1000 posts mark, which allowed me to be a regular on FGF, and made me believe it was the start of me.

Do you socialize much on Kongregate? How do you like the chat rooms and forums? Any friends on here you want to give a shout-out?

I do socialize, like I said before I hang around OT, FGF, and Kongregate Forums. When I do play games I am almost always in Labyrinth. Friends? Might as well say a few: AdeebNafees, AlextheGreat13, and Jaskaran2000

What game on Kongregate comes to mind for a story you enjoyed, or a story you would like to see on a Kongregate game?

It’s a nice little book called The Gollywhopper Games It’s a childrens book I found while I was reading to my little brother/ I think it would be great as a game.

If you were to name a badge on Kongregate, what would it be?

“I owned Kongregate” – Badge, Own all of the other badges.

Which game on Kongregate has your favorite music, or what music do you listen to while gaming on Kong?

No favorite music, but a son I listen to alot is ”The Legendary Sannin” by Area 11

Do you have anything you do for good luck, or habits while gaming?

Chug a drink called “Prickly Passion Lemonade” (which is very good) and have the T.V on.

What celebrity or person would you not be surprised plays games on Kongregate?

Morgan Freeman, I mean, he’s Morgan Freeman.

That you for the interview, TwistedCakez!

Flag Post

Just a heads up prodigy, jesse interviewed me already, but if you want to interview me, go right on ahead.

Flag Post

Great work ePro, I love reading your interviews. I had never even heard of The Gollywhopper Games. Must. Google. Immediately.(Then hope for a game!)

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

Great work ePro, I love reading your interviews. I had never even heard of The Gollywhopper Games. Must. Google. Immediately.(Then hope for a game!)

Thank you for your support! ^_^

Flag Post

Sorry, it wasn’t intentional. =/

Flag Post

Nice work, ’Prod. :]

Anyway, on the list of 63 people to be interviewed, aren’t there some that have already been interviewed (such as videogames518)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

Nice work, ’Prod. :]

Anyway, on the list of 63 people to be interviewed, aren’t there some that have already been interviewed (such as videogames518)?

Thanks. It gets confusing sometimes when I forget to remove a person from the list who has already been interviewed and I end up trying to interview them again two weeks later. Still working on getting the list updated :P

Flag Post

That, and some of the people who had already been interviewed by Jesse requested to be interviewed by eProd when they found out he was doing interviews.

Flag Post

pika493 Ego Inflation with extra Pika Pika Nyan Nyan!

During your first day on Kongregate, how did you decide on a 1337 username?

I believe I had too much time on my hands at that point, so a friend of mine showed me Kongregate. It was kinda fuzzy, but I think the first game was Cursed Treasure? :3 The username was from being a Pokenerd (which in some ways, I still am). I couldn’t think of anything else, so I choose “pika” from “Pikachu” and “493” from 493 Pokemon in 4th gen. But yes, I am still 1337.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your true identity?

My true identity shall NEVAH be revealed!! I switch my aliases around. One moment I’m the
Tupac hologram, next I’m L, then I’m moot. Occasionally, I’m Stephen Hawking. In reality, I’m Nyan Cat.

Of all the games on Kongregate, which ones have and always will remain loyal to favorites?

To be honest, I kinda like TD and puzzle. :P I’m not sure about faves, but Backyard Monsters, the BTD series, the Last Stand series, the SCGMD series, and :the game:. :]

What role have you taken up on Kongregate? Gaming aficionado? Chat devotee? Forum socializer?

Kind of all of the above. I started out as a pure badge hunter, then I moved onto comments, then chatrooms, then forums. Atlas Park is my preferred chatroom. The BYM, FGF, OT, and Kong forums are my preferred ones.

Do you have any friends you would like to give a shout-out?

I stated most of the stuff above, but here are some people I’d like to thank (prepare yourselves; fragments are coming). Bonusgame for introducing me. Ratty and nuber7 for being epic. TheFacelessOne for being another factor towards bronyhood /)^3^(\. HaloFreak for getting butthurt when I said I was a brony. GummyCat for being, moar or less, the most awesome person in Atlas Park (IMO). Zys123 for being… zys. IAmTheCandyMan for being the best admin ever, and the only one who added me as a fwiend ;3. Deathnote76 for various. Last but not least, everyone who’s ever added me, subtracted me, multiplied me, or divided me as a friend. Special recognition goes out to the trolls, spammers, and I-Want-To-Kill-Pika people out there. Thanks for shaping me into who I am. ;)

When you see shooting stars in the magnificent infiniteness-ish of space, what do you wish for?

I’d wish for an infinite amount of wishes! For Kongregate, possibly becoming level 65, although never gonna happen. :P And I’m not sure how moderation would work out… But IRL, I’d go along the lines of curing cancer/AIDS, possibly. Maybe help out with America’s debt :3. Or maybe make Nyan Cat real. Bottom line, I can’t choose. (Unless I had infinite wishes…)

Of all the games on Kongregate, which ones had the best story in your opinion?

There are many, but the 2 that stand out the most in my mind are “The Company of Myself” and “Loved.”

If you could give badges to anything on Kongregate and in real life, where would they fit?

Can’t really think of any badges right now. I’d say Minions is an old and classic game, and could probably use some badges. Impossible Quiz 2 should have a hard badge for completing the game, and an impossible (bum das tis) badge for completing with A*. And for IRL, I’d say to swallow cinnamon without choking or gagging (sound familiar?), although I never tried it. ;)

Which game on Kongregate do you consider has the best music?

Too many games to choose from… xP. If I were to make a choice though, I would probably say Twilight Techno from Particles, being that it’s the one that sticks out the most in my head/memory (despite being from NewGrounds :P). I also like the SCGMD soundtrack.

Do you have any superstitious habits while gaming for good luck?

I can’t really think of anything I do off the bat. Sometimes I eat Pop-tarts®, I guess; because you know, I’m a cannibal Nyan Cat.

Which celebrity would you not be surprised if you found out they play games on Kongregate (and which games?)

Bill Gates: Hacker vs. Hacker. Chuck Norris: The Impossible Quiz 2. Usain Bolt: Run, possibly QWOP. Chris Poole: Replaying :the game:.Nicki Minaj: Spelling Scramble (she needs it!).

Thank you for sheding light on your wonderful personality, pika493!

BONUS QUESTION: What inspired you to take up the responsibility of maintaining this year’s BoTD archive?

Flag Post

This was taken a couple months ago, and I probably would’ve answered some of the questions differently (such as preferred forums). Thanks anyway, though. :3

To answer the question, I honestly don’t know too well. I kinda felt like doing something, and I didn’t think the thread would be too much of a hassle. It may as well also been a flying taco I saw on December 30th eating the neighbor’s mailbox.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pika493:

This was taken a couple months ago, and I probably would’ve answered some of the questions differently (such as preferred forums). Thanks anyway, though. :3

To answer the question, I honestly don’t know too well. I kinda felt like doing something, and I didn’t think the thread would be too much of a hassle. It may as well also been a flying taco I saw on December 30th eating the neighbor’s mailbox.

If you prefer, you can make edits to your interview and I’ll update it here.
Wait, what did the mailbox ever do to the flying taco?! :c

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

If you prefer, you can make edits to your interview and I’ll update it here.
Wait, what did the mailbox ever do to the flying taco?! :c

Okay, thanks.
As for the flying taco and mailbox, I’m going to explain that in the interview. :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by JesseMH8:

Sorry, it wasn’t intentional. =/

No worries, I think mine was already really long! Never ask me for favorite quotes. I have LOTS of them XD.

Flag Post

I just wanted to say I think you’re doing a great job and I’m checking back daily for more. <3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deathwynde:

I just wanted to say I think you’re doing a great job and I’m checking back daily for more. <3

Much obliged! It’s nice to have a regular visitor. :3

Flag Post

Stop copying us

Flag Post

Cool Pika got interviewed. hehe good ol’ Pika, now the stalking getting to know him better can really begin.