Forums Kongregate

Going to buy my first smart phone, want to play Kongregate games on it...

6 posts

Flag Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087T1S6G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3KLS43DTS24ME

I have never owned a smart phone before, but I am now able to get one.

I have a limited budget (~$125), but I want something that can play the games on Kongregate.

I don’t know anything about phones or computers. Could the one I linked to up there do it?

Flag Post

You need android to get 50 points for it and what not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by whatpulsetemp:

You need android to get 50 points for it and what not.

I don’t understand what you are saying, could you please elaborate?

Flag Post

If you install/download the android version you will receive 50 points for installing it.

Flag Post

Kongregate games are (predominantly) Flash-based, so you’d need a smart phone that still supports (or can be “modified” to support) Flash, in order for you to be able to play games on your phone. With that being said, mobile is being phased out. There hasn’t been any new mobile badges in a fairly significant amount of time and mobile game uploads has been discontinued.

So, it’s not a good idea to get your hopes up that you’ll be able to play Kongregate games on your phone. As well, it’s kind of silly to buy a phone with the intention of using it for one thing (besides calls, and if that’s your plan).

Flag Post

I know there are a few cheap Androis OS phones on the market but you would have to search around.