Forums Kongregate

[Contest] Aliens vs. Colonial Marines Quest (Colonial Marines Win!)

153 posts

Flag Post

17 weeks after losing contact with Hadley’s Hope, a new team of Colonial Marines returns to LV-426. The rescue mission becomes a battle for survival against new dangers, new enemies and new species of Xenomorphs.

The Aliens are perfect killing machines, the nightmares of the galaxy. Our only hope for survival is the ultimate in military force. Are you ready to sign up with the Colonial Marines? Or fight as an Alien?

We’re proud to present a new quest for the Kongregate Community featuring some out of this world prizes. Pick a side, complete the badge quest, and you’ll automatically be entered to win our grand prize package:

• Aliens: Colonial Marines game
  • Xbox 360 250 GB Console
  • Custom NERF Pulse Rifle
  • Colonial Marines Recruitment Hoodie
  • Two t-shirts
  • USS Sulaco Colonial Marines hat
  • Facehugger
  • Casey doll head

and 5 runner ups will win:

• Aliens: Colonial Marines game

Start now! http://www.kongregate.com/pages/aliens-vs-colonial-marines

Choose a side, and the winning side will earn ultimate bragging rights, some cool shiney profile swag, and 25 POINTS! There’s also some awesome avatars for you on the quest page to show your allegiance.

The Official Rules are located here. Most notable:

The Quest is open to individuals who are 13 years of age or older. The Quest is void in Quebec, Australia, Puerto Rico, Mexico and anywhere it is prohibited or restricted by law.

Ends: 11:59 PM US Pacific Time: January 24, 2013

Flag Post

What do the people who r in places prohibited by the law get if they win?

Flag Post

Can you clarify what you mean by “double points”?

Flag Post

Clicking the medals on the profile seem to lead to the wrong link.

Flag Post

Shit just got real.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Shit just got real.

It was more for skyrim’s release.

Anyways, cool contest :3

Flag Post
Originally posted by tehgrimreaper:

What do the people who r in places prohibited by the law get if they win?

Unfortunately, nothing. :( Sorry!

Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Can you clarify what you mean by “double points”?

Everyone on the winning team will receive a bonus 25 points.

Originally posted by uuu2:

Clicking the medals on the profile seem to lead to the wrong link.

A fix is in the works. Thanks! :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

Question: You’re saying 25 points, but the image says 20 points? I think a clarification might need to be made somewhere, or maybe it’s just me.

20 Points for pre-ordering the game, 25 points (5×5points for the 5 easy badges) for being in the winning team.
(And since you can be in both teams, a sure 25 points once this is over)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Question: You’re saying 25 points, but the image says 20 points? I think a clarification might need to be made somewhere, or maybe it’s just me.

20 Points for pre-ordering the game, 25 points (5×5points for the 5 easy badges) for being in the winning team.
(And since you can be in both teams, a sure 25 points)

Yeah, I kind of realized that after I posted, and as such deleted it (therefore it was just me). I was still wondering about that “being on two teams” thing, does it count for sure, or is it whatever you did first? I’d love it to be for sure, but usually they don’t allow people to be on both teams for the quests that go like this.

Flag Post

(And since you can be in both teams, a sure 25 points)

Yeah, I kind of realized that after I posted, and as such deleted it (therefore it was just me). I was still wondering about that “being on two teams” thing, does it count for sure, or is it whatever you did first? I’d love it to be for sure, but usually they don’t allow people to be on both teams for the quests that go like this.

That’s a glitch, and should be patched up shortly.

Flag Post

Real disappointed there’s no female avatar to choose from. =/ That mean there’s no females in the game either?

Flag Post
Originally posted by xDianaMoonx:

Real disappointed there’s no female avatar to choose from. =/ That mean there’s no females in the game either?

The aliens could be female, who knows!

Flag Post

So females are only ‘evil’? But there’s no female marine avatar option.

Flag Post

One could argue the aliens are just defending themselves. ;P

Anyway I would believe the game would be more marketed to males hence the male characters.

Flag Post

Anyway I would believe the game would be more marketed to males hence the male characters.

Haha, that’s why I had put it in single quotes, depends on the perspective of course. =) But that’s the excuse of almost every game made and marketed. Usually for these Kongregate promo events, at least whenever I catch them, they’re good about having a female or gender neutral option.

Just gotta love being ignored because people still believe us female gamers/sci-fi fans don’t exist.

Flag Post

the avis do rock i must say so myself!

Flag Post

Haha, that’s why I had put it in single quotes, depends on the perspective of course. =) But that’s the excuse of almost every game made and marketed. Usually for these Kongregate promo events, at least whenever I catch them, they’re good about having a female or gender neutral option.

Just gotta love being ignored because people still believe us female gamers/sci-fi fans don’t exist.

The (marginal) irony in all the above is that the original Alien films broke convention by featuring a strong female protagonist. It’s funny how all the game tie-ins (as far as I’m aware?) have ignored this and reverted entirely to stereotype.

On the other hand, would you have really considered changing your avatar if there had been a non-male option?

Flag Post

(And since you can be in both teams, a sure 25 points once this is over)

I completed all of the badges for both sides, but in my points history, it only shows the medal for the Aliens. Are you sure we can be in both teams?

Flag Post
Originally posted by louster:

The (marginal) irony in all the above is that the original Alien films broke convention by featuring a strong female protagonist. It’s funny how all the game tie-ins (as far as I’m aware?) have ignored this and reverted entirely to stereotype.

On the other hand, would you have really considered changing your avatar if there had been a non-male option?

Haha, that was what my friend and I were discussing, how the original movie franchise was headed by a strong female lead.

And yes, for these quests and such I like to use the avatars as support and fun and show my allegiance as that’s the point is it not? It’s not like when it’s over, I can’t go back to the one I have now. For when they did the Gotham event, I happily had Catwoman for the longest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Funnykidsc:

I completed all of the badges for both sides, but in my points history, it only shows the medal for the Aliens. Are you sure we can be in both teams?

Originally posted by Zshadow:

So I’m assuming it’s already been patched up.

Flag Post

RAGE. All of you fast badge earners who either got the badges or just insta-completed the quests are get a guaranteed 25 points and 2 beautiful medals for your profiles, but I was too slow.
Also, I’m just going to assume this is a typo.

Flag Post

I see it has a unity game in it then. Thanks for “Alienating” all the Linux users.

Flag Post

RAGE. All of you fast badge earners who either got the badges or just insta-completed the quests are guaranteed 25 points, but I was too slow.

Depending on how they do it for people who did both, they might just take the first they completed.

About the image, it’s not really a typo, more a way the system works. Since it already had badges, it just continues off of that total, and doesn’t start a new one.

Originally posted by 988396:

I see it has a unity game in it then. Thanks for “Alienating” all the Linux users.

I see what you did there. It’s not the first time Unity badges have been used for limited time things, so I don’t see how it matters that much anyways.

Flag Post

RAGE. All of you fast badge earners who either got the badges or just insta-completed the quests are guaranteed 25 points, but I was too slow.

Depending on how they do it for people who did both, they might just take the first they completed.

About the image, it’s not really a typo, more a way the system works. Since it already had badges, it just continues off of that total, and doesn’t start a new one.

I hate the system. The system is keeping me down and preventing me from getting my precious points and medals.

Flag Post

RAGE. All of you fast badge earners who either got the badges or just insta-completed the quests are get a guaranteed 25 points and 2 beautiful medals for your profiles, but I was too slow.

I knew I was too late. xD
Oh well, awesome competition. Go Aliens! Purely because the medal looks awesome.