Forums Kongregate

Chronicles of Blood loot challenge page 6

165 posts

Flag Post

As far as “looking nice”, typically cashgrab MMO’s will just steal their art — often enough that you can assume it as default behavior and not be off the mark all that often. The quotes in the tooltips are not only cliche, but also neglect to actually tell you anything useful about the items and stuff, which is sorely needed since the tutorial just craps out after a few seconds and the rest of the game is organized in a completely unintuitive manner (they need to go back to school and take Usability Engineering). The UI itself is a monolithic mess that isn’t even layered properly. If I tried to grayblock out something like that in my job, I’d get a very concerned comment from my supervisor and possibly a drug test.

So no, it doesn’t really even win on aesthetics.

 
Flag Post

I killed the 3 horses now where’s my shiny ticket? I got the badge, but nothing changed, where are the golden ticket? I didn’t get any tickets or message. Any idea?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by FaustTheSad:

I killed the 3 horses now where’s my shiny ticket? I got the badge, but nothing changed, where are the golden ticket? I didn’t get any tickets or message. Any idea?

Look on your profile, it’s on your feed and under the awards section on the right of the profile. There’s no badge for the game (thankfully,) so you probably saw the achievement notice for the challenge ticket. ;p

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Pykrete:

As far as “looking nice”, typically cashgrab MMO’s will just steal their art — often enough that you can assume it as default behavior and not be off the mark all that often. The quotes in the tooltips are not only cliche, but also neglect to actually tell you anything useful about the items and stuff, which is sorely needed since the tutorial just craps out after a few seconds and the rest of the game is organized in a completely unintuitive manner (they need to go back to school and take Usability Engineering). The UI itself is a monolithic mess that isn’t even layered properly. If I tried to grayblock out something like that in my job, I’d get a very concerned comment from my supervisor and possibly a drug test.

So no, it doesn’t really even win on aesthetics.

The art is all drawn by the artists diviad employs…
I agree that the tutorial needs a huge reworking though.

Also, I find it kind of sad that with guides available under forum posts, half of the negative comments come from people who obviously did not read them…

Anyway, the devs will make changes in response to feedback (as seen in http://forum.diviad.com/showthread.php?48457-Kongregate) , so I’m looking forward to this game coming back better!

 
Flag Post

A question… how can I know if I won? I see that I have to send a letter to see the winners, but I hope that I get an e-mail or something if I win, because I don’t think it’s easy to send a letter from Romania to the place said in the rules…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by NMDPk:

A question… how can I know if I won? I see that I have to send a letter to see the winners, but I hope that I get an e-mail or something if I win, because I don’t think it’s easy to send a letter from Romania to the place said in the rules…

If you win, you should receive an e-mail to the address you used to sign up.

 
Flag Post

An

Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by NMDPk:

A question… how can I know if I won? I see that I have to send a letter to see the winners, but I hope that I get an e-mail or something if I win, because I don’t think it’s easy to send a letter from Romania to the place said in the rules…


If you win, you should receive an e-mail to the address you used to sign up.

And what if all your email from kong goes to the trash bin?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

An

Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by NMDPk:

A question… how can I know if I won? I see that I have to send a letter to see the winners, but I hope that I get an e-mail or something if I win, because I don’t think it’s easy to send a letter from Romania to the place said in the rules…

If you win, you should receive an e-mail to the address you used to sign up.

And what if all your email from kong goes to the trash bin?


Be proactive and don’t let your spam filter trash it. If you just don’t want it in your inbox, make a new folder to hide Kong mail without trashing it.

I’m sure they also PM accounts here on the site, but it’s hardly their fault if people block their correspondence.

 
Flag Post

I just killed my third Dreadmane. It was awesome. This game is so fun I even forgot the contest existed. Hope I win at least something.

 
Flag Post

I just found my third Dreadmane. It was awesome. Great game. Forgot the contest existed. Hope I win something. haha

 
Flag Post

The drawing is today, right? Will you email the winners list, post it here, or what?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by pktime:

Also, I find it kind of sad that with guides available under forum posts, half of the negative comments come from people who obviously did not read them…

One, why should anyone need a guide to get through a tutorial?

Two, and what about the other half?

 
Flag Post

Drawing Date: On or about February 1, 2013.

(7) Winners List – For a list of the winners in any given month, send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than the last business day of that month to: Kongregate Chronicles of Blood Sweepstakes Winners, 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of the winner’s stopped by and said what they won. And who knows maybe they will actually post the list, but in the rules, etc. of the contest the above is what was said. Also I really think we should just stop with the arguing over the game. Contest is over, no one HAS to play it anymore. :P
 
Flag Post

They used to update the contest pages with the usernames of the folks who’d won, but for whatever reason have not done so for quite a while. The most recent example I can find is this one from April 2011.

In any case: no, none of you will win anything, so quit worrying about it.

 
Flag Post

Why not?

 
Flag Post

Don’t forget the entry-by-mail participants.

Originally posted in Chronicles of Blood Loot Challenge Rules:

You can also enter by hand printing your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, e-mail address and phone number on a 3″ × 5″ card and mailing in a hand-addressed envelope to: Chronicles of Blood Sweepstakes, Kongregate, 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. Mailed entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2013 and received no later than February 10, 2013. There is a limit of one mailed entry per person.

While a drawing may be/have been around Feb 1st, they probably will wait until February 10th to declare it official in case any entries arrive late. If any valid entries arrive up to February 10th, they’ll have to redo the drawing to include them.

 
Flag Post

The only problem with these sweepstakes? They never post the winners.
I’m not going to waste a stamp that could be used to mail off bills to
get a list of winners.

All we can do is congratz them, wouldn’t waste my time
sending them nasty PM’s because I got games to play.

The next sweepstakes should be an all-around fair one
where EVERYONE gets something for participating.

Not just a select few.

 
Flag Post

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of the winner’s stopped by and said what they won. And who knows maybe they will actually post the list, but in the rules, etc. of the contest the above is what was said.
Also I really think we should just stop with the arguing over the game. Contest is over, no one HAS to play it anymore. :P

But…. what if it gets badges? =D

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateChaos:

Although I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of the winner’s stopped by and said what they won. And who knows maybe they will actually post the list, but in the rules, etc. of the contest the above is what was said.
Also I really think we should just stop with the arguing over the game. Contest is over, no one HAS to play it anymore. :P

But…. what if it gets badges? =D

Well, in that case then I guess you HAVE to play it again. :P

 
Flag Post

It only has a 3 star rating. I know MMOs have a different rating process, but they still have to have 4 for badges, don’t they?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

It only has a 3 star rating. I know MMOs have a different rating process, but they still have to have 4 for badges, don’t they?

It probably did before the contest.

 
Flag Post

Yeah, it tanked right down from a 4.5 or something within days of the challenge. It’s pretty typical for most games to lose a bit on getting badged and exposed outside of the niche audience that sought it out, and an MMO will usually lose about a point or so over a few weeks because said niche audience is so dramatically insular and the games tend to be crap, but this much this quickly is unusual even for an MMO.

Not even Berserk dropped that much or that fast.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Fricknmaniac:
Originally posted by Funnykidsc:
Originally posted by Terastas:

God freakin’ dammit Kongregate, could you possibly have picked a worse game for this challenge?

No.

Backyard Monsters.

Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy

Ahem. Caesary.

Clearly Draw Play 2 would be my choice.

You’re all wrong.

 
Flag Post

So… when will I find out if I won or not?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Unowninator:

So… when will I find out if I won or not?

(7) Winners List – For a list of the winners in any given month, send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than the last business day of that month to: Kongregate Chronicles of Blood Sweepstakes Winners, 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.