Forums Kongregate

Hands of War Game Completed Achievement - Bug?

39 posts

Flag Post

I checked with 2 others in my chatroom… and all of us had already beaten the game, and tried to re-beat it… but are not getting credit for that achievement as part of the hard badge. All the other ones were given right away, but game completed isn’t registering at all, which is prevent the hard-badge-get.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tasselfoot:

I checked with 2 others in my chatroom… and all of us had already beaten the game, and tried to re-beat it… but are not getting credit for that achievement as part of the hard badge. All the other ones were given right away, but game completed isn’t registering at all, which is prevent the hard-badge-get.

You need to rebeat the final boss, if you haven’t tried that yet.

Flag Post

I stated that I did re-beat it. As did at least 1 other person in arcane coding.

edit: sent off missing badge form to Kong… damn thing wouldn’t let me send it without a screenshot… why would i need a screenshot when i have a damn video?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTMs4GEHRs8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" height="344" width="425"></embed>

Video > Screenshot for proof, right?

Flag Post

And, on my 3rd attempt at re-beating the game (this time with debug=3 on), it worked.

Dude! You just completed the No Heartstone Unturned achievement in Hands of War and won the No Heartstone Unturned badge and 30 points!

Flag Post

I got it fine first go.

Flag Post

That badge worked fine for me, but it isn’t registering any money I gain. So the easy badge is the only one I do not have.

Flag Post

i cant seem to get the easy badge :( but i can get the others

Flag Post

i cant seem to get the easy badge :( but i can get the others

same here. I’m stuck at Best So Far: 48
i’m sure i’ve had more than 100 gold at a time

Flag Post

mines stuck at 0. i had like 4k gold. i tried selling buying looting and dying(i lost like 3k gold =\)

Flag Post

There’s a glitch with the easy badge. I have notified Greg

Flag Post

There’s a glitch with the easy badge. I have notified Greg

thanks

Flag Post

I got the finish the game badge just fine on first go. Maybe it depends on which faction you are fighting for?

Flag Post

It’s ridiculous that I’ve completed everything but not the easy badge. Thanks for TarynDarkwind’s report.

P.S. This is another ingame bug that got me stuck in the river:

Flag Post

Works fine for me

Flag Post

Works fine for me

lucky…..the easy badge is really bothering me………Is anyone else not getting it rewarded?

Flag Post

I think the gold problem happens after you reloaded the game… As greg said in another thread, you can start a new game, get 100 gold (should be within 5 minutes), then close the game. Don’t save during the new game or your progress will lost!

Flag Post

to re-beat boss, do you have to restart? I beat the boss already and now he doesn’t reappear.

Flag Post

All the API stats theoretically work fine, but the failure rate seems way above average here. As StarryDawn mentioned, you should be able to earn the easy badge by starting a new game (JUST DON’T SAVE!!). However, this really should not be necessary with the way the API is set up — it reports my gold fine whenever I load the game.

Of course, all the badges always work for me… If they didn’t, I wouldn’t make them! So thanks to everyone who’s documenting their problems; I’ll ask the developer if there’s anything he can do.

Flag Post

I’m having the same issue: Completed the challenge, got my card. Didn’t get the achievement badge. I’m stuck at 27 of 100 gold while I’m at level 9. Reloading the game doesn’t solve the issue.

Thanks for suggesting work-arounds like starting a new game without saving the progress, but still this should be fixed. Didn’t happen to me with any other game so far.

Flag Post

I hate it when you get stuck, I think there should be a suicide option.

Flag Post

How about becoming allies with the merchant/mercenaries? For some reason I can’t play the final Merchant mission, eventhough I’m friendly with them for over 2000 points. I to have the problem with completeing the game. Do you think it may require you to be level 30 with all of your abilities upgraded?

Flag Post

you need to be allied with any group to be able to do the final quests

that means killing lots of mercenaries

Flag Post

Yeah, you need to farm for roughly 1000 points of merchant allegiance, which means kill 200 sell swords or 250 coin collectors.

Flag Post

Or 250 highwaymen, that’s what I’ve been doing, may move to sellswords.

Flag Post

Ya. That didn’t work to complete the game though. I’ve beaten the final boss and completed all the quests for each of my three allies, but have yet to complete the game for some reason.